Window Tint percentage?

Steel

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Durango
Does anyone know what percent tint on the back windows? I’m thinking of doing my front windows to match dont know what the percentage tint was?

You might consider checking you local or state laws on that. Each state has their own rules about how much you can tint each window without being harassed by Jonny Law.

In WI it’s 50% for front side windows and 35% for rear side and rear windows.

Does anyone know what percent tint on the back windows? I’m thinking of doing my front windows to match dont know what the percentage tint was?
You might consider checking you local or state laws on that. Each state has their own rules about how much you can tint each window without being harassed by Jonny Law.

Got it, I will check for the state law but does anyone know what percentage 10 today is currently on the back windows coming from the factory?

The rear is around 20%. The front windows are solar ray tinted around 70% so 25% will get the closest match. No shops around me do 25% so I have done 20% on the fronts and it ends up being a hair darker then the factory rear.

Gone do 5% this time around in the rear myself with 20% in the front row.

The rear is around 20%. The front windows are solar ray tinted around 70% so 25% will get the closest match. No shops around me do 25% so I have done 20% on the fronts and it ends up being a hair darker then the factory rear.

Gone do 5% this time around in the rear myself with 20% in the front row.

Tinting ain't easy. :)

For my Rebel, I did LLumar Pinnacle Window Tint 15% on the front two / 5% front window tint strip and it's pretty impressive and I think matches okay, I do have the pano roof. Good quality tint, can see out clear as day without getting baked too much. I plan doing the entire front window on the TRX with the clear film followed by 5% tint strip.

1613615822776.png

1613615843556.png

FYI: Whether they are tinting a front window tint strip or entire front window, I would be proactive about this and throw a ton of towels above the BCM

Highly recommend 3m crystalline

I see people saying 5%. 50% is 10 times stronger? That doesn’t seem right?

Tint numbers are how much light is let through. 25% is twice as dark as 50% for instance.

Ahhh, thsnk you for explaining. Do you know how Dark are the back passenger windows that comes stock? I want to match my front driver and passenger windows to match the backseat windows

5% is limo, I tinted the front windows to match the back. I think 35% or 20%. 50% is light on the windshield, I drive into Manhattan, and the police want to see the inspection and registration stickers. Otherwise 35%. I'll post pictures over the weekend once the
Ahhh, thsnk you for explaining. Do you know how Dark are the back passenger windows that comes stock? I want to match my front driver and passenger windows to match the backseat windows
I think i did 20% but I could be 35%. The guy who tints your windows should be able to tell you.
20210420_070759.jpg

Johnny Law can only catch me if he can run 118 mph. 😂

I’m getting mine done next week. Shop owner said 20% front and 50% rear will get as close to match as possible (making the rear match front). Not sure what % the rears are as stock. I find anything darker than 20% (front) impacts nighttime visibility which I don’t care for

I’m getting mine done next week. Shop owner said 20% front and 50% rear will get as close to match as possible (making the rear match front). Not sure what % the rears are as stock. I find anything darker than 20% (front) impacts nighttime visibility which I don’t care for
Fronts are 70% solar ray tinted from the factory and the rears are about 26.5% from factory. Your set up would put you at about 14% in the front and 13.25 in the rear which is about as perfect of a match as you can make it.

Most of the tints I have set up for the TRX are "Tint to Match" which depending on the type of tint can be anywhere between 20% and 35% on the front. I know that sounds odd but not all the 20% tint is actually 20%. So we no longer say the value to the tint shop. We just say tint to match. Also if you are looking for a recommendation, I would go Tint to Match with 75% windshield and 5% visor. To me it makes the interior feel like a secluded cockpit.

85091874-470E-4F1A-9CC8-299406195C8E.jpeg

Did 5% all around including over factory and 20% on windshield

For my Rebel, I did LLumar Pinnacle Window Tint 15% on the front two / 5% front window tint strip and it's pretty impressive and I think matches okay, I do have the pano roof. Good quality tint, can see out clear as day without getting baked too much. I plan doing the entire front window on the TRX with the clear film followed by 5% tint strip.

View attachment 5091
View attachment 5092

FYI: Whether they are tinting a front window tint strip or entire front window, I would be proactive about this and throw a ton of towels above the BCM

I cannot stress the importance of protecting the BCM. A few buddies of mine learned this the hard way, was not fun to say the least...

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back