We’ve made it to the “Big League”

rao26

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Well boys we’ve done it. Those surly turds over on the raptor forums are finally starting to come around to the fact that the trx guys have security figured out. Check out the thread “avoiding theft” where they say the trx forum is the best place for security info. Sorry about another security type thread but I can’t help making fun of those guys over there.

Well boys we’ve done it. Those surly turds over on the raptor forums are finally starting to come around to the fact that the trx guys have security figured out. Check out the thread “avoiding theft” where they say the trx forum is the best place for security info. Sorry about another security type thread but I can’t help making fun of those guys over there.
yeah ours are in higher demand. the trx is the best truck on the market, period. thats why i put up with the crime.

Don’t you just have a killswitch on your truck?
yeah sure (compustar with the kill switch). i may get igla, not opposed to it.

I would also add that in the process of disabling your GPS system the thieves will cut wires that will cause an entire body wire harness to have to be replaced. That plus the labor to install the new wiring will run four or five grand. These guys can cause tremendous damage without even removing the vehicle from your garage.

if they rip out my wiring again they can have the truck. i'm not dealing with that nightmare again.

Last edited:
Well, I have a message for all the Raptor guys who are visiting this forum.

1713317686267.gif

I would also add that in the process of disabling your GPS system the thieves will cut wires that will cause an entire body wire harness to have to be replaced.
Oh, horseshit. Any wire that gets cut can be re-spliced. A properly spliced, soldered, and heat-shrunk repair will be as good as new. Any wire cut too close to a connector can be de-pinned, spliced, a new pin crimped/soldered on, and put back in the connector. None of this is anything complicated, and any dealer telling you they HAVE to order a new harness is just lazy, greedy, or both. Find an honest independent mechanic who knows which end of a soldering iron to hold, and get it fixed for a fraction of what a dealer would charge you to just swap harnesses.

Oh, horseshit. Any wire that gets cut can be re-spliced. A properly spliced, soldered, and heat-shrunk repair will be as good as new. Any wire cut too close to a connector can be de-pinned, spliced, a new pin crimped/soldered on, and put back in the connector. None of this is anything complicated, and any dealer telling you they HAVE to order a new harness is just lazy, greedy, or both. Find an honest independent mechanic who knows which end of a soldering iron to hold, and get it fixed for a fraction of what a dealer would charge you to just swap harnesses.
well if i got ripped off that is unfortunate.

Well, anyone who knows electrical/electronics knows that the least amount of connections or splices the better. Technically you are correct that it can be fixed on a budget with some solder, heat shrink, etc. but I wouldn’t consider that good as new or best practice especially when you consider how much these trucks cost. That’s just asking for gremlins and issues down the road. If someone wants to go that repair method, go for it. As far as myself I would opt to get back as close to factory as possible.

The question still remains...who would want to steal a Raptor?

Still the best security is the 5spd in my old ford. They F’ed up by not offering the tremec in the TRX. Imagine that

Thieves would need to bring their hotspots too as they watch how to drive manual YouTube videos in your driveway while wondering why the IGLA is stopping them from driving off anyway. 😂

Still the best security is the 5spd in my old ford. They F’ed up by not offering the tremec in the TRX. Imagine that

Thieves would need to bring their hotspots too as they watch how to drive manual YouTube videos in your driveway while wondering why the IGLA is stopping them from driving off anyway. 😂

TREMEC in a TRX 🤩

The question still remains...who would want to steal a Raptor?
Well according to the raptor forums, just about everyone because that v6 motor is so so sweet and wasn’t a downgrade at all. They hate the trx more than we hate raptors. A lot of us like raptors and if ram keeps it up, will probably end up in a raptor again. At this point I think I’d go Raptor over RHO.

Well according to the raptor forums, just about everyone because that v6 motor is so so sweet and wasn’t a downgrade at all. They hate the trx more than we hate raptors. A lot of us like raptors and if ram keeps it up, will probably end up in a raptor again. At this point I think I’d go Raptor over RHO.

💯

That "hand-built" 5.2l in the Raptor R is more fragile than a vegan's ego...

Back