VON Tracking & RAM Status Codes

I only received my VON# today for an LE.....sounds like I am last in line around here...

Attempt number 2. Nothing. They told me to check back 4th quarter. I said that's tomorrow lol they said sorry and ended conversation. ?‍♂️

My LE was placed on 8/18 @ 11:47am, I chatted with FCA this afternoon and gave them my VON but.......they could not find anything, I try tomorrow and see if someone else can find anything. Not sure how some non LE’s said they have already a VIN #’s?
Update.... Well at least FCA could find me in the system but let me know that it is not scheduled yet so no VIN# yet and to check back in a week.

Update.... Well at least FCA could find me in the system but let me know that it is not scheduled yet so no VIN# yet and to check back in a week.

See that's what I'm seeing as interesting... Folks that placed an order AFTER you, but before me (8/26 for me) have a VIN, and some LE folks, who were all "sold" in 3hrs still don't have a VIN. lol Its interesting to say the least. Not first come first serve nor we'll build one for everyone who wants one, nor allocation based only like some other cars. Just interesting I guess.

Oh.. and No.. We aren't there yet! :) I feel the same way. You should see the shopping cart I've amassed this weekend for new stuff for the truck. LOL

Like the way they doled out orders, with this truck initial build scheduling is also based upon what priority the dealer has with FCA. Essentially, FCA picks and chooses which dealers are going to get the initial builds. I think Big B mentioned earlier that 20% of the LEs would be built in Oct and 80% in Nov.

If my prior experience with the 2015 Hellcat and 2018 Demon are any indicators, it’s entirely possible that some who has his truck built in November receives it before someone who had theirs built in Oct. It’s a new build. Crazy things can happen - I.e. First built Demons caught fire while loading causing a hold to inspect fuel lines. Later built Demons arrived much sooner than the initial batch. Also, if an earlier built TRX gas to go to a vendor for upfitting (graphics, Ram bar, etc..) I guarantee you that it will arrive later than a TRX built one month later which does not have to go to a vendor. It’s easy to say I know, but at this point in time, it’s just not worth worrying about it.

I ordered the Jeep Gladiator LE on April 4th 2019, the day they were released. There were non LE's delivered before mine was built. That was a huge discussion on the Gladiator forums, about the non LE's taking delievery, some LE's were delayed longer due to specific colors not being produced until later in the year. I was hoping the TRX's would have a similar fate because I ordered a non LE, they day they were released for sale 8/19. My build is #213 for the TRX

I learned this lesson in waiting back in 2011 when I special ordered a Raptor. Took 16 weeks from the day I placed my order to when it arrived. I was calling the dealer and Ford customer service seems like every week. THEN the tsunami hit Japan, which led to the nuclear plant meltdown... and Ford electronics (made in Japan) were hard to come by, which meant I had to cancel the Nav option. Still took a while after that too.

All this to say, sadly, it'll get here when it gets here. Head of Ram Trucks said in a TFL interview that they would be here before Christmas, so I'm trying to look at it like if it arrives any sooner (Oct/Nov) then bonus for me!

4th quarter is October, November, and December. FYI LOL
Yikes! That's what I get for trying to think before my coffee in the morning haha ?

Does anyone know what the Build Priority means at the bottom of the Priced Order Form? Mine says 01, I've also noticed 99 on some of the posts.

This is what I got today. Mine was ordered on 8/24/20

Thank you so much for holding. I appreciate your patience. You have made a great choice going with a RAM TRX! That is such a great vehicle. I am seeing that the order was accepted by the system. The Production for the TRX has been slated for Q4, we do not have an exact time or day scheduled for this yet. In this case we can suggest that you work with your selling dealership until it is closer to production, they will be able to provide you with updates along the way.

I also ordered 8/24, no VIN yet. My priority is 99, whatever that means.

I also ordered 8/24, no VIN yet. My priority is 99, whatever that means.
I ordered 8/19, got my VIN on Friday, I'm sure you'll get yours this week. As long as they're going in order of builds received. My build priority is 01 though.

I ordered 8/19, got my VIN on Friday, I'm sure you'll get yours this week. As long as they're going in order of builds received. My build priority is 01 though.

Same for me my build priority is 1 and got my VIN Friday. Very interesting!

I ordered my non LE at the dealer on 8-21 and put money down. The priority is 01 and the VON was on the dealer's vehicle order sheet they provided me with and it started with a BA status. Today 8-31 it is in BG status but still does not have a VIN. When the dealer orders for their lot it starts in priority 99 (Dealer Order), so I am guessing that FCA is prioritizing sold units to individuals over dealer orders. I am not anticipating a VIN for at least a few more weeks but would be happy to get it early.

Congrats on the VIN's! I was thinking all the LE was going to scheduled and VIN'ed first but looking like the non-LE's will be hitting the streets sooner rather than later
My dealer said the LE's would get VINs and scheduled before the non LEs but it doesnt look like thats necessarily the case. I hate waiting!

My dealer said the LE's would get VINs and scheduled before the non LEs but it doesnt look like thats necessarily the case. I hate waiting!
I wouldn't buy into LE's before non LE's. My Gladiator was a LE and there were no LE's on the streets before mine was built. I imagine it won't be much different for the TRX's. That was another reason I went with just black, Gladiators were also pushing certain colors to a later build date, even if they were LE's. Good luck

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back