Satellite Hardware Error

Error was back again today.
Clearly is a uconnect issues.

Works perfect from phone and also online.
Really wish Ram would just leave our software alone.

New here. I own a 2022 3500 and my husband has a 2022 1500. Both got the "Satellite Hardware Error" message within 24 hours. Resets and disconnecting the neg bat cable worked temporarily, but nothing permanent. Glad I'm not the only one, but sorry for everyone's issues...

@RamCares

I started having the same issue in my 2022 Durango about a week ago. The reset does seem to temporarily help. However this clearly appears to be related to some software issue pushed out as so many are experiencing at the same time. And it appears to not just be unique to Rams. Other Dodge vehicles too. I’ll not my Charger and Challenger, both which have earlier generations of the display issue have not had a problem. But for some reason my Ram is frequently having issues on the display. Before it was freezing up. Other times it would get stuck on a single satellite channel. Other times it would randomly shut down. And sometimes the Apple car play just stops working and then magically works again minutes or hours later. Frustrating and defective for sure.

Conversation started.
Can't POSSIBLY Be Stellantis Software issue:

Hi Mr. John,

This is xxxxxx and I'm from Uconnect case management. I'm writing this email to inform you once again that the case will be close since we won't be able to assist you with this issue that you are experiencing, due to it being a Sirius XM radio issue and not an actual Uconnect issue.

Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for bringing this to our attention. You will receive a brief 3 question survey via email within a few days, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Uconnect case management

MON-FRI 8am-6pm EST
ADKq_NaUc-lbR0NP9ZWz9XG1n681lYccB4JzfBYjsNhbcoLCcQB5vstylGOoi3yfhMCtK6HGMesiK7RYm-LMD0eAC8NQhGsoYGfBhI4R6r-JYwRwYig5uN0IHKb9QGu3nuhqt36W2oO4Eiu3zeao5eR6_FjogXeNMqMBDeYmanNtOdx1rxR2jR-T=s0-d-e1-ft

I guess we just need to bring it to dealerships and let them start replacing the radios under warranty. Surely that might get Stellantis to address this fuckup of theirs.

I’ve been seeing stories online lately that the Russian GPS jamming over Ukraine is affecting navigation in random spots around the world. I wonder if it’s also affecting the SiriusXM satellites as well?
That would be a bummer but who knows. Check this out it's visually interesting as well as a bit chilling...

I guess we just need to bring it to dealerships and let them start replacing the radios under warranty. Surely that might get Stellantis to address this fuckup of theirs.
Uconnect Case Manager said she called the dealer, they had 3 (count 'em) vehicles in at the time with same issue, but they didn't throw any codes so they have no idea what's wrong. Hence "It must be Sirius XM".
They're not about to admit it's their f'd up update that also wants to sell us subscriptions for games and crap.

Uconnect Case Manager said she called the dealer, they had 3 (count 'em) vehicles in at the time with same issue, but they didn't throw any codes so they have no idea what's wrong. Hence "It must be Sirius XM".
They're not about to admit it's their f'd up update that also wants to sell us subscriptions for games and crap.
Stopped by the dealership today. It's strange they aren't showing any OTA updates but the app pop-up is new and coincided with the error. I'm bringing it back Wednesday for a tech to look at but he did find multiple reports of the same thing in the service advisor group thing they have.

The issue is clearly from the update that was pushed through. Its not Sirus XM.

If it was other brand vehicles would be doing it along with phone app.

They need to stop pushing through all these bogus updates.

Wonder if Uconnect can be rooted to block updates.
Its basically just an Android tablet.

View attachment 131782I got this message recently. Stopped by the dealer and was told there might be an issue with the uconnect module operating the mirror assy. They would have to tear the interior apart to search the issue. It hasn’t happened again so I didn’t take it in for the appt. Which is a good thing because there was a major hailstorm that day!
I get this error message every single time I start up the truck @RamCares , multiple dealerships in my area don't know how to fix it

Sirius has been working fine in my 18 ram.
I don't think sirius is the problem. Stellantis is probably developing their ransomware 🚫

Can't POSSIBLY Be Stellantis Software issue:

Hi Mr. John,

This is xxxxxx and I'm from Uconnect case management. I'm writing this email to inform you once again that the case will be close since we won't be able to assist you with this issue that you are experiencing, due to it being a Sirius XM radio issue and not an actual Uconnect issue.

Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for bringing this to our attention. You will receive a brief 3 question survey via email within a few days, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Uconnect case management

MON-FRI 8am-6pm EST
ADKq_NaUc-lbR0NP9ZWz9XG1n681lYccB4JzfBYjsNhbcoLCcQB5vstylGOoi3yfhMCtK6HGMesiK7RYm-LMD0eAC8NQhGsoYGfBhI4R6r-JYwRwYig5uN0IHKb9QGu3nuhqt36W2oO4Eiu3zeao5eR6_FjogXeNMqMBDeYmanNtOdx1rxR2jR-T=s0-d-e1-ft
It actually is a Sirius XM issue and not a uconnect radio hardware or software issue. There are people that are on all different radio software versions, some that are on versions that they’ve had for over a year, and they get the same error and app icon. It’s something that Sirius pushed to the radio.

I get this error message every single time I start up the truck @RamCares , multiple dealerships in my area don't know how to fix it
My dealer says they have dealt with and found this specific issue. I haven’t taken it back because it only appeared once.

It actually is a Sirius XM issue and not a uconnect radio hardware or software issue. There are people that are on all different radio software versions, some that are on versions that they’ve had for over a year, and they get the same error and app icon. It’s something that Sirius pushed to the radio.
If it realy is a Sirus XM issue why does resetting the radio make it work?

Ram knows its there software but doesn't care to fix it.

There are the same issues listed over tons of different Stellantis vehicle forums. So yep, it's a Stellantis issue. Useless @RamCares on other forums has also responded saying they are aware of the situation and it's being looked at.

Notice how as soon as it became common and not a one off @RamCares has disappeared from this topic.
We haven't disappeared at all actually! In the first page of the thread, we asked for anyone that is facing concerns with this issue to contact us, as we are looking to produce a remedy. Our team is actively monitoring the situation, and the offer mentioned prior still stands. If anyone is facing concerns with the " Satellite Hardware Error," please reach out, and we will gather the necessary information to continue working on a remedy. Thanks!

Chris,
Ram Cares

We're sorry to hear of your concerns, Quilliam. Please send us a private message including your VIN, software/application version, a summary of your concerns, and the dealership you're working with for us to better investigate.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back