Satellite Hardware Error

We haven't disappeared at all actually! In the first page of the thread, we asked for anyone that is facing concerns with this issue to contact us, as we are looking to produce a remedy. Our team is actively monitoring the situation, and the offer mentioned prior still stands. If anyone is facing concerns with the " Satellite Hardware Error," please reach out, and we will gather the necessary information to continue working on a remedy. Thanks!

Chris,
Ram Cares
@RamCares
This has been an issue for serval months now and nothing has been done. Instrad we gwt some bogus marketing software puahed through to our trucks with games and nonsense.

With thr amount of people having the issue its not a hardware problem. Its clearly a software issue.

Is Ram going to pay for all of us who cant use Sirius XM?

Maybe the software can be reverted back to the version that work.

mine started a few days ago tried the reset didn't work for me tho

We haven't disappeared at all actually! In the first page of the thread, we asked for anyone that is facing concerns with this issue to contact us, as we are looking to produce a remedy. Our team is actively monitoring the situation, and the offer mentioned prior still stands. If anyone is facing concerns with the " Satellite Hardware Error," please reach out, and we will gather the necessary information to continue working on a remedy. Thanks!

Chris,
Ram Cares
Week 3. Still happening every other start up.
20240709_173124.jpg

Chris,
Ram Cares
Is Ram going to pay for our Sirus XM service as its clearly a software glitch from Uconnect?

So my service advisor said he believes the problem stems from the OTA update being pushed through when the vehicle was in the garage. He had the tech park my truck outside and do a factory reset on the radio. He said he's had multiple customer with the same issue and this has fixed it. I won't know for sure because my truck is getting parked for a month tonight.

So my service advisor said he believes the problem stems from the OTA update being pushed through when the vehicle was in the garage. He had the tech park my truck outside and do a factory reset on the radio. He said he's had multiple customer with the same issue and this has fixed it. I won't know for sure because my truck is getting parked for a month tonight.
What OTA update though? Radio software? Telematics software? What version radio software are you on now, what was your previous?

What OTA update though? Radio software? Telematics software? What version radio software are you on now, what was your previous?
There was no published OTA update recently. My software is on the latest version but I'm unsure what it is. However, the App popup is brand new as of a couple weeks ago so an update had to have been pushed through and so instead of worrying about it just have the dealer try to do the factory reset and see if it fixes it. Or do it yourself if you can.

Got mine fixed this morning I chat through the app then they resent single to my truck took a few min but it finally worked

There was no published OTA update recently. My software is on the latest version but I'm unsure what it is. However, the App popup is brand new as of a couple weeks ago so an update had to have been pushed through and so instead of worrying about it just have the dealer try to do the factory reset and see if it fixes it. Or do it yourself if you can.
IIRC, this was an update that SiriusXM pushed to their "modem", not one that uconnect pushed to our radios

@RamCares
This has been an issue for serval months now and nothing has been done. Instrad we gwt some bogus marketing software puahed through to our trucks with games and nonsense.

With thr amount of people having the issue its not a hardware problem. Its clearly a software issue.

Is Ram going to pay for all of us who cant use Sirius XM?

Maybe the software can be reverted back to the version that work.
Mine has been going on daily, sometimes 3x a day I have to reset the display! So aggravating! I was going to make an appointment at dodge dealer but now that I see it’s a common problem, glad it’s just not me! Guess I’ll give it a few weeks

Chat with ram or chat with sirius?
I’m anxious to see if it stays on for you! I do a hard reset on the main screen every time, comes back on but when I shut the truck off, 50% of the time it goes back to hardware issue and have to do reset to get activated again

That little icon at the top of my screen disappeared yesterday. Anyone else? If so, did it solve the satellite hardware error?

19499.jpeg

Maybe because the head of software quit or was fried. Good riddance to those who force us to have these apps forced on us. Same goes for those who are selling our data to the insurance companies. FU 🖕🖕🖕

I put the truck into Valet mode yesterday and that icon instantly popped up because it switches profiles when going into valet mode. I’m wondering if that icon is tied to user profiles. I have just been hitting that icon and then hitting home to clear it from the top bar. Minor annoyance but I haven’t had any other issues as a result of that icon’s appearance.

I took my 22 3500 in last week fr this message, they have a new radio assembly on order for it. I also got the Uconnect box error a couple months ago and the replaced a module & some other stuff. my 22 3500, with 30k miles, has had over $20k worth of warranty work this year, I wont own a newer rig without a warranty.
On the plus side our 21 TRX has been relatively issue free for 50k miles.

That little icon at the top of my screen disappeared yesterday. Anyone else? If so, did it solve the satellite hardware error?

View attachment 132673
I got in this am and it was gone. Also Sirius worked without a reset.

But it DEFINITELY was not a software push and TOTALLY not a Uconnect issue.

View attachment 132673
Mine is clear as of yesterday. Sirius XM now works no more error.

Good to see Uconnect listened and fixed there programming.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back