PSA - Update your Tom Tom maps (for free, no OTA)

The latest map update is 2023.06. Has anyone downloaded this update? Any notable differences?

when was it released?

It doesn't say, but it looks like the version number is the month and year of the release. That's my best guess reading through the rest of this thread.

Last edited:
It doesn't say, but it looks like the version number is the month and year of the release. That's my best guess reading through the rest of this thread.
Anyone actually use their Tom Tom maps?

Anyone actually use their Tom Tom maps?

I don't use it to get from point A to B, but I use it for situational awareness. When I know what street I need to turn on, I use the map to know when it's coming up. Also, getting around a traffic jam, I use it to find through streets. I rarely go somewhere where I don't have a general idea where I'm going, but if I do, I use Google maps.

I don't use it to get from point A to B, but I use it for situational awareness. When I know what street I need to turn on, I use the map to know when it's coming up. Also, getting around a traffic jam, I use it to find through streets. I rarely go somewhere where I don't have a general idea where I'm going, but if I do, I use Google maps.
I use Waze for all that… it’s the main pane on my CarPlay homepage….

I use Waze for all that… it’s the main pane on my CarPlay homepage….

I have an Android phone and I don't like the half screen map. The big Tom Tom map works for my needs.

The update took 28 minutes up upload.

20230904_193224.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out how people are seeing 9 files, when it's only coming up with 5 files on my computer ⁉️

Attachments

• 20230904_233431.jpg
    20230904_233431.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230904_233444.jpg
    20230904_233444.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 27
I didn't see anything new in the Tom Tom update, but I lost the traffic info on the map display. I called Ram Connected Services. The guy was useless. He said traffic info is only displayed if you're getting turn-by-turn navigation. I said, that's not it...thank you...good bye. I did two soft radio resets and now have traffic info again. :cool:

The latest map update is 2023.06. Has anyone downloaded this update? Any notable differences?
I recently had a OTA update go through and it states that I have the latest installed map updates. It is dated .07.07.2023. Prior to that, I have had my vehicle since Feb. of 2022 and that was the 1st update to go through. There isn't any one from RAM Connect that understands anything about the TomTom Navigation, since I was previously told there would never be an update that I would see, because the system is constantly updating. Obviously they are wrong. I have not noticed any differences with the latest maps. I use the TomTom all the time and really like it.

Same Problem happened to me. You guys have to scroll down farther.

EDIT: this 1 does only have 5 files!

Last edited:
Anyone with more IT knowledge than my old brain have any advice on uploading without having to go purchase a new USB thumb drive that can handle the size of the files? Maybe upload from a phone via an OEM cord via file transfer? Thanks

Anyone with more IT knowledge than my old brain have any advice on uploading without having to go purchase a new USB thumb drive that can handle the size of the files? Maybe upload from a phone via an OEM cord via file transfer? Thanks
Nope. You have to use a thumb drive and it has to accept FAT32 formatting to work so just buy a 32GB thumb drive. Format it and download the files onto it. When you are going to be driving for around 30 minutes just plug it into the usb and it will update.

My update keeps failing. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here

downloaded the latest map update from the site. v2023.9. Appears there are 8 files. they came in a zip file. When I extracted they went into a folder with the same name as the zip file. Is it safe to assume that I do not want them in that folder on the thumb drive?

1706535937591.png

Hey everyone. Have tried to download the latest maps (again) and I keep getting the message, "There is not enough free storage space on your system. Please contact the support desk.
Since there is no support at all for Uconnect 5 or RAMs in Australia, can anyone shed some light into how I delete some files or free up space?

Attachments

• 20240229_063841[1].jpg
    20240229_063841[1].jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back