New screen with update?

I find it amazing that I get constant updates in my Tesla that only improve the car and adds features. Ram can't even just sent an update that keeps you at your current baseline without fucking it up.
As I understand it, they are actively trying to hire domestic software programmers again. Carlos fired 400+ us-based software engineers and sent all of that business to India back in 2023. Now they have to reverse course because the result of that offshoring has been disasterous.

That process is very painful and can take a long time to get back up to speed because they (Stelantis) probably didn't own the IP that was being written for their vehicles. So, although this is a stupid mistake that is 100% Stelantis' fault... they are now (hopefully) trying to right the ship. This particular issue isn't the only mess on this front. Using cheap, foreign, shady labor and contractors is a problem that was/is systemic in the auto industry.
 
As I understand it, they are actively trying to hire domestic software programmers again. Carlos fired 400+ us-based software engineers and sent all of that business to India back in 2023. Now they have to reverse course because the result of that offshoring has been disasterous.

That process is very painful and can take a long time to get back up to speed because they (Stelantis) probably didn't own the IP that was being written for their vehicles. So, although this is a stupid mistake that is 100% Stelantis' fault... they are now (hopefully) trying to right the ship. This particular issue isn't the only mess on this front. Using cheap, foreign, shady labor and contractors is a problem that was/is systemic in the auto industry.
So who are they using for the 2027 vehicles?
 
So who are they using for the 2027 vehicles?
Likely a different version due to the larger screen. Which would really piss me off if all this issue entailed was a stupid HMI program glitch. But probably.
 
Last edited:
Likely a different version due to the larger screen. Which would really piss me off if all this issue entailed was a stupid HMI program glitch. But probably.
It probably is a different version but screen size wouldn’t be the reason. The junk software everyone has on their 2022-2024 TRX right now works with the big screen just fine and was shared with the 2025 Rams with the factory 14.5 screen for a bit. There’s actually a ton of flexibility in the system and that’s why I’ve been testing basically every SW version I can download from any other Stellantis product in my TRX. Mainly just to see if by accident it works better than what we have!

Definitely wanting to see someone with a 2027 post what version they run and more importantly how it works after living with it for awhile. Whether Ram eventually sends it out to older trucks remains to be seen but if it winds up being okay in the 2027s, I fully intend to get either the software file or a whole 2027 radio if I have to.

With another Uconnect related recall on 2026 trucks coming down, seems the older trucks could get kicked down the road even more. So one may have to get creative…
 
It probably is a different version but screen size wouldn’t be the reason. The junk software everyone has on their 2022-2024 TRX right now works with the big screen just fine and was shared with the 2025 Rams with the factory 14.5 screen for a bit. There’s actually a ton of flexibility in the system and that’s why I’ve been testing basically every SW version I can download from any other Stellantis product in my TRX. Mainly just to see if by accident it works better than what we have!

Definitely wanting to see someone with a 2027 post what version they run and more importantly how it works after living with it for awhile. Whether Ram eventually sends it out to older trucks remains to be seen but if it winds up being okay in the 2027s, I fully intend to get either the software file or a whole 2027 radio if I have to.

With another Uconnect related recall on 2026 trucks coming down, seems the older trucks could get kicked down the road even more. So one may have to get creative…
Why do you think it’s so hard for the developers to push the same software to the 2022 2024 models when it works on the 2027?
 
Last edited:
Why do you think it’s so hard for the developers to push the same software to the 2022 2024 model models when that works clearly on the 2027?
I’m sure there is all sorts of red tape and validation testing they need to do. Gun shy about more recalls I’m sure. The way they do everything is just a mess though. That’s why rather than wait for them to solve it I just try to find ways for us to work around them. The 2027 software may be the key if it winds up being decent.
 
How can I get the newer version pushed to my Trx ? I have the option to update over WiFi but nothing it is available . Mine is the older version right ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2441.webp
    IMG_2441.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 28
How can I get the newer version pushed to my Trx ? I have the option to update over WiFi but nothing it is available . Mine is the older version right ?
That’s the last “good” version. I’ve helped a few people here spend a lot of money and time just to get back to where you are now. So definitely consider yourself lucky and avoid updating.
 
That’s the last “good” version. I’ve helped a few people here spend a lot of money and time just to get back to where you are now. So definitely consider yourself lucky and avoid updating.
I’m still having the issues everyone else is having though
 
I’m still having the issues everyone else is having though
Performance pages / drive mode problems? Possible that app may have updated OTA without the main firmware update being done. Either way there are a few unrelated issues you’re still avoiding by being on T27.46.
 
Performance pages / drive mode problems? Possible that app may have updated OTA without the main firmware update being done. Either way there are a few unrelated issues you’re still avoiding by being on T27.46.
Yeah dancing screens, home page not being saved , performance pages not showing up and taking forever to load . Drive modes seem to be working but I only stay in auto so rarely check. CarPlay is also glitchy.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone, we are waiting for the next FOTA release to resolve many of the issues that have been identified in this thread. As we have previously stated, as soon as we know that an update is going to be released to the TRX vehicles, we will post to let the community know.

Ram Cares
Suuuurrre this is an absolute dumpster fire.
 
I like that we all are just taking it. No recourse. Shittiest product on the market
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0770.webp
    IMG_0770.webp
    129.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0769.webp
    IMG_0769.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 45
I like that we all are just taking it. No recourse. Shittiest product on the market
Obviously not a priority for everyone. Tons of current “I’ll never buy a Ram product ever again” people are lining right up to get ass-raped on a 2027 TRX. So I’m thinking we get what we deserve.

Ram sold the truck to you (or someone before you) already. They could give a shit less about you now.

If someone wants to do a class action suit, more power to them. Won’t happen though.
 
When are they gonna fix this ? 2 plus years already. The 27 unconnect 5 works flawlessly .
You can take some solace in the fact that while the '27 Unconnect works now, there is a near certaintity that Stellantis will fuck it up in the near future.

Stellantis sucks at software, at all levels.

Their build tracker had my truck still in progress, months after it was delivered.

I purchased the Ram app to see if there was any value (spoiler alert; there isn't). It took 4 callbacks and 2 internal escalations for a simple cancel operation (FWIW the people I spoke with were great; they always followed through and called back with updates).
 
Yea. Mine has gone back to crap
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top