NEW Introducing the Bomiz Valved Ram TRX Exhaust System. Pre-Order Now!

I don't suppose there's a "partially open" option, is there? From what I see above, it's either "quieter than stock" or "loud as shit". I like the current volume that I have for everyday use. Would like a quiet option (as I sneak out of my neighborhood at 5:30am), and would like the loud-as-shit option too (for fun). But would like an everyday option that is similar to stock (or maybe a hair louder).
I would agree. It would be ideal if there is a partial open setting as well. Let us know if this is an option on this system.
 
I know you posted this to market it instead of to gauge the market, and everyone is giving wants/wishes/desires. I guess I'll find myself in that camp though, and the population is showing how to define your niche -- make it controllable by the aux switches (all of my homelinks are taken up already), make it a 3 position valve, and warranty the actuator for a decent amount of time. I would pay a significant sum of money for a great sounding exhaust, regardless of brand, if these things existed which is why I haven't moved off my SLPs yet.
 
I agree with everyone else. I would go for it too...but it needs to be able to be controlled with the AUX switches. I have ZERO interest in a fob.
 
How loud is it compared to the borla or aem systems? I want louder than those options. Thanks!

I haven't heard those systems in person. But It's as loud as possible for a catback. It's straight piped with an H pipe when it's opened.
 
I know you posted this to market it instead of to gauge the market, and everyone is giving wants/wishes/desires. I guess I'll find myself in that camp though, and the population is showing how to define your niche -- make it controllable by the aux switches (all of my homelinks are taken up already), make it a 3 position valve, and warranty the actuator for a decent amount of time. I would pay a significant sum of money for a great sounding exhaust, regardless of brand, if these things existed which is why I haven't moved off my SLPs yet.

I'm going to see what I can do. Every company uses a fob unless it's OEM, lets hope I can get some good answers!
 
I'm going to see what I can do. Every company uses a fob unless it's OEM, lets hope I can get some good answers!
GTHaus uses a vacuum system with an actuator. Shouldn't be too crazy to just run power with a relay to the actuator on yours
 
Like everyone else is saying, I’d be interested if it can be controlled via a AUX switch (or home link). I was hoping someone would make an exhaust with flaps to make it quiet/loud. I daily drive my truck and would love for it to be quiet for road trips with the family or leaving the house early/late but then loud when I want it to be.
 
Last edited:
I think the fob is fine. You put it on your keychain.

Im guessing the exhaust is either straight pipe or thru the muffler you have on there.

I like the smooth quiet tone for some things. The straight pipe is too loud.

How about a third option to have some resonators downstream of the valved muffler, like SLP type bottles. It’ll be nice and quiet quiet or it’ll be just a notch louder than stock which is probably ideal for alot of people and me.
 
I think the fob is fine. You put it on your keychain.

Im guessing the exhaust is either straight pipe or thru the muffler you have on there.

I like the smooth quiet tone for some things. The straight pipe is too loud.

How about a third option to have some resonators downstream of the valved muffler, like SLP type bottles. It’ll be nice and quiet quiet or it’ll be just a notch louder than stock which is probably ideal for alot of people and me.

What keychain? I don't have any keys hanging from my dash...here, let me play pocket pool real quick to change my exhaust valving.
 
What keychain? I don't have any keys hanging from my dash...here, let me play pocket pool real quick to change my exhaust valving.

Exactly. No keychains. No fobs. We have AUX buttons that can totally be used for switching actuators.

I was going to go with electronic exhaust cutouts and use one of these to make an AUC switch do the opening/closing.

 
What keychain? I don't have any keys hanging from my dash...here, let me play pocket pool real quick to change my exhaust valving.
If you care that badly…. You can take a FOB apart, see what voltage It uses… buy a small corresponding dc to dc step down converter to power it and use an six switch to complete the circuits for the button presses and Mount It behind the dash. For anyone who has done any custom interior audio/actuators, interior mods, etc…. It’s very doable with some solder and patience.
 
What's the warranty on the motor/ valves for the exhaust. Seems like a nice system. I currently have hooker cutouts on the stock exhaust. I also enjoy having the key fob rather than using thbeaux switches.
 
I think the fob is fine. You put it on your keychain.

Im guessing the exhaust is either straight pipe or thru the muffler you have on there.

I like the smooth quiet tone for some things. The straight pipe is too loud.

How about a third option to have some resonators downstream of the valved muffler, like SLP type bottles. It’ll be nice and quiet quiet or it’ll be just a notch louder than stock which is probably ideal for alot of people and me.
Hi Ewea,

So here's a few things to go about to explain the "loudness" of the system.
It's not a true straight pipe in terms of volume for a few reasons:
1. It retains the stock x pipe from the front portion of the exhaust that reduces volume a tad by itself.
2. When the valves are open, the mufflers acts as a Helmholtz chamber that slightly reduces volume, rasp, and drone. You can lookup the term on google if you're unfamiliar. But it sounds awesome and is not too loud. You won't notice a big difference than stock unless you have your windows down or physically outside. The sound and drone is just that good.
 
What's the warranty on the motor/ valves for the exhaust. Seems like a nice system. I currently have hooker cutouts on the stock exhaust. I also enjoy having the key fob rather than using thbeaux switches.
Our warranty for electronics is 1 year. We normally have everything in stock to replace as well. The valve motors are extremely rare to ever go out if they do. The main thing that will go bad is the receiver from people deciding to just have it powered 24/7 to a direct battery connection and overload it. But that's just crappy installation. \

I love my TRX and want to be a help to the community. I will gladly make sure any issues in the future is properly dealt with
 
I want to show you guys what I was working on yesterday. I'm sure a bunch of you will be happy to know it can work. Also you can see how fast the valves operate compared to the QTP stuff.

Thanks for being so responsive in listening to potential customers - that says a lot!
 
I want to show you guys what I was working on yesterday. I'm sure a bunch of you will be happy to know it can work. Also you can see how fast the valves operate compared to the QTP stuff.

My man! Easy to replicate under the truck?
 
I want to show you guys what I was working on yesterday. I'm sure a bunch of you will be happy to know it can work. Also you can see how fast the valves operate compared to the QTP stuff.

is it possible to order just the tips? they look amazing with that trx badge on the side. And do the tips fit on the stock exhaust
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top