IGLA instal in Houston

Im still interested as well.

@aggietrx @Sandblast22 @stubright @lightsweetcrude @Cmonman02 @MyWifeLetMe

Just got a call back:
  • (Cory and Chris) Two techs needing a closed/secure warehouse./space w/ wifi preferably -- anyone willing to host this space or have a space like this?
  • I need to know each of your Model Years (2021 vs 2022)
  • Deal needs to be PREPAID (need names, emails, and phone #s) -- DM me this information so that it's not public here on this thread
  • They will be getting back to me shortly with 3 dates/times that they can come down to Houston
    • We will have to choose a singular date as a group

I've got Ravelco for now, so I'll probably pass. Kind of interested to learn more about it, so if they do come down to do a group install I wouldn't mind stopping by to check it out. I'd offer up some shop space, but mines so crammed full of crap there wouldn't be anywhere to park the trucks!

I've got Ravelco for now, so I'll probably pass. Kind of interested to learn more about it, so if they do come down to do a group install I wouldn't mind stopping by to check it out. I'd offer up some shop space, but mines so crammed full of crap there wouldn't be anywhere to park the trucks!
No worries! Just need a spot to fit one truck at a time. They will be doing the install privately (no one allowed in). I believe it should take ~1 hr each truck.

Still waiting to hear back from them on dates and pricing

No worries! Just need a spot to fit one truck at a time. They will be doing the install privately (no one allowed in). I believe it should take ~1 hr each truck.

Still waiting to hear back from them on dates and pricing
Let me know when you guys get some dates figured out and I will see if I can provide the space.

@stubright @Sandblast22 @lightsweetcrude @Cmonman02 @MyWifeLetMe @aggietrx
Alrighty gentleman, I have an update!
  • $1350 per install (usually $1200 but there's a premium since they have to drive down)
    • unfortunately, no group discount
  • Can take up to 1.5 - 2 hours per truck (they will work in parallel though)
  • Current dates are:
    • November 9th
    • November 16th
    • November 23rd
  • They plan to arrive at 9am CST and crank all of them out in a single day
  • I'll be sharing the Google Sheet with those that provided me your information via DM
    • This will have 'time slots' for each of you to sign up
Please let me know which date best works for yall!

Thanks for pulling all this together! Are we effectively voting on dates and they'll be coming down for just one of those days, or are all three days going to be an option?

@lightsweetcrude great question -- we are voting for a SINGULAR date. They provided us 3 dates to choose from.

I can work with all 3 options.

These all fall on a Wednesday btw!!

The 16th or possibly the 23rd would likely be the best options for me to have space for installs. I'm at SEMA next week, and the week I get back I'll have a bunch going on. The 23rd is the day before Thanksgiving which will probably make it tougher for people to show up, and might be tougher for me as well since I'll have family in town. So, maybe the 16th would be best.

One issue will be lack of WIFI back in the shop area. And cell strength isn't always that great inside the building. There is WIFI in the front building, but it's 200' from the back to where you can pick up WIFI in the front. One solution might be to do the install in the back shop and then drive up to the front building and park outside the office to do the programming.

The 16th or possibly the 23rd would likely be the best options for me to have space for installs. I'm at SEMA next week, and the week I get back I'll have a bunch going on. The 23rd is the day before Thanksgiving which will probably make it tougher for people to show up, and might be tougher for me as well since I'll have family in town. So, maybe the 16th would be best.

One issue will be lack of WIFI back in the shop area. And cell strength isn't always that great inside the building. There is WIFI in the front building, but it's 200' from the back to where you can pick up WIFI in the front. One solution might be to do the install in the back shop and then drive up to the front building and park outside the office to do the programming.

If you don't already have a mesh wifi network, perhaps we could get one setup temporarily and extend the range to the shop area?

@stubright @Sandblast22 @lightsweetcrude @Cmonman02 @MyWifeLetMe @aggietrx:
  • are yall good with the 16th? looks like we already got a couple people unable to make the 9th. the 23rd is before thanksgiving. so 16th looks to be the best date.
  • Also please reach out to me if you dont have access to the google sheet I shared the other day to the emails yall provided

@Rpt2trx @gnut66 @RAMRANCH
  • Are yall still interested? If so, please reply to my DM with your contact information and model year.

If y'all haven't already seen this, here's a pretty good overview of the solution:

It mentions being able to disable the IGLA security - anyone know anything about that? Thinking specifically around when you've got to valet or something.

I'm still negotiating with the wife, but I think I can convince her the risk mitigation is worth it.

If y'all haven't already seen this, here's a pretty good overview of the solution:

It mentions being able to disable the IGLA security - anyone know anything about that? Thinking specifically around when you've got to valet or something.

I'm still negotiating with the wife, but I think I can convince her the risk mitigation is worth it.
No one has beaten the IGLA system yet from what I've read reviews on and on this forum.

IGLA offers a 'valet' / service mode that you can set via the mobile app or via your truck:

"Your system has a service / valet mode whereby the unit will not require the PIN code to be entered. This is used when the vehicle is being serviced or valet parked. Note: This mode is not meant as a permanent override and will automatically exit when the vehicle exceeds a speed of 50 kph for a continuous period of 3 or 15 minutes (install dependant). After this the Ghost will need a PIN code to disarm on the next start attempt. To enter service / valet mode simply enter your PIN code as normal. Once the indication signal flashes twice press the service button 5 times. The indication signal will flash 5 times to confirm that your system is now in service / valet mode. You can manually exit service / valet mode simply enter your PIN code at any time while the ignition is switched on."

MY truck should arrive Nov 20 and im 1000% interested in getting on this list. This is my first post so not sure what I need to do. I also have a jeep srt id want to do.

MY truck should arrive Nov 20 and im 1000% interested in getting on this list. This is my first post so not sure what I need to do. I also have a jeep srt id want to do.
Just send DM. Thanks for putting this together

@MyWifeLetMe @aggietrx pending what date(s) you prefer? Most of us are available for the 16th and the 23rd. Do both of these dates work for you or is there a specific date you prefer?

@CustomPerformance would the 16th and 23rd work for you? We'll narrow down to a singular date though. Can you provide your shop's address? You can DM me that info if you want it private to the Google Sheet I have.

Also still waiting on @Rpt2trx @gnut66 @RAMRANCH to provide their info...

@stubright @lightsweetcrude @Cmonman02 @MyWifeLetMe @aggietrx @TXBlackRex
  • alright gentlemen, the decision has been made to have this on November 23rd.
  • I will call the company to inform them now and they will reach out to you individually for pre-payment

@Rpt2trx @gnut66 @RAMRANCH
  • if you'd like to join in, please message me ASAP. I've sent the 3 of you individual DMs but have not heard back from you.
@CustomPerformance
  • Lmk if the 23rd works for you please! Super thank you for offering up your location! (still need your address we can meet at)

@stubright @lightsweetcrude @Cmonman02 @MyWifeLetMe @aggietrx @TXBlackRex
  • We are officially locked in for the 23rd with the IGLA installers
  • As of right now we have 8 people locked in with a total of 9 vehicles
    • 1 person locked in from Facebook TRX group
    • 1 person will have 2 vehicles installed with IGLA
  • All time slots from 9am - 5pm CST have been reserved now (refer to google sheets)
  • Y'all should expect to be contacted by the 4D Auto Solutions team (Corey and Chris) for pre-payment in the coming weeks
Still open to pull more people into this! Just need to be aware that this is on 11/23 and any additional people will have to be post 5pm CST.

@CustomPerformance awaiting your location confirmation and if you're willing to have any additional people past 5pm.

Just a heads up, ask the installers if they use T connectors or solder the wires together. Soldering is best for our trucks, because the T connectors give feedback and resistance to the 17 modules we have in our trucks. Soldering won’t.

Back