Ben Hardy TRX Video - Out of Commission

RobR651

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
Update on his truck .
Yup now he’s educating us that he had absolutely nothing to do with his transmission grenading. He also only thought to call one tow truck company and when they wouldn’t come he said screw it and drove it to the dealer. Im quite certain if this guy had a flat tire he wouldn’t know what to do.

HeliPilot

TRX Fan
Reaction score
miltary
USAF
Yep, I watched thru his latest video. I am positive that driving that truck from the desert to the dealership without trans fluid had no impact on the truck now needing a new trans. I was also amused by the fact that a factory rep beat him to the dealership the next day to take pics of the damage, and was also equally amused that he got placed into a limited ram as a loaner. Question...are all of you that are currently experiencing TRX issues also being supplied a limited ram?

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Yep, I watched thru his latest video. I am positive that driving that truck from the desert to the dealership without trans fluid had no impact on the truck now needing a new trans. I was also amused by the fact that a factory rep beat him to the dealership the next day to take pics of the damage, and was also equally amused that he got placed into a limited ram as a loaner. Question...are all of you that are currently experiencing TRX issues also being supplied a limited ram?
Come on man. That’s just crazy talk. I’m sure his treatment had nothing to do with his status as a tuber. But on the bright side. If I ever grenade a trans off-road then drive it miles and miles to the dealership, it will get fixed. Know why? This precedent.

mack1212

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 1500 Limited
While I don't like his videos and he was using the paddle shifters like a teenager, i am glad that RAM are trying to take care of his issue. As always, shit breaks, how you respond is the measure.

I'm hopeful RAM giving equal interest in resolving the assembly issues with new trucks, in-part due to @KnightMare 's videos.

Last edited:

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
This takes away any possible “you drove it offroad and that’s why xyz happened” defense. Even a motor should get fixed based on that video.

someone smarter than me should rip both these vids and save them locally

HiElevation

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Tundra Platinum
This takes away any possible “you drove it offroad and that’s why xyz happened” defense. Even a motor should get fixed based on that video.

someone smarter than me should rip both these vids and save them locally
Your points are good. This does provide evidence that will help with warranty claims.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Your points are good. This does provide evidence that will help with warranty claims.
This is pretty clear cut. Outside of rolling it or obviously hammering a jump way too hard, I can’t see how they would deny a warranty claim unless modified.

Boris

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram
And for some reason that attracts the younger generation. I can't say I get it. I tried watching this guy but he's too hungry for attention. I'm out.
Younger generation would love a TRX but cant have one because they require a real job to afford one.
So they live through these videos.

Some of these strokes didn't strike it rich until they purchased something above what they should actually have and their channels took off.

This guy has always been painful to listen to. He should do everyone a favor and sell the TRX and buy a Raptor. Then he can enjoy that light weight front end again.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Younger generation would love a TRX but cant have one because they require a real job to afford one.
So they live through these videos.

Some of these strokes didn't strike it rich until they purchased something above what they should actually have and their channels took off.

This guy has always been painful to listen to. He should do everyone a favor and sell the TRX and buy a Raptor. Then he can enjoy that light weight front end again.
I’m really curious to drive this. Yeah its heavy but all this front heavy makes it undriveable shit makes no sense. You work with the existing balance. If its front heavy, add throttle until it isn’t =)

Variable

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bentley GT Supersport, GT2RS, Demon, Gen 5 Vipers
Ok. This goes against everything I’ve been taught on racetrack using street/racecars but I’ll take your word for it. So with paddles you are saying brake brake brake, downshift downshift downshift, turn in, maintenance throttle?
I want to clarify this.

BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE
..............................DOWNSHIFT DOWNSHIFT DOWNSHIFT (turn in depnding on the car (front engine mid engine rear engine))

The point is to put the inertia load on the brakes not the drivetrain (wholly).

Jester

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
miltary
Air Force
I’m really curious to drive this. Yeah its heavy but all this front heavy makes it undriveable shit makes no sense. You work with the existing balance. If its front heavy, add throttle until it isn’t =)
I left a parking lot on the road today in sport mode (no traction control) and got her a little sideways like it was a car. Dry pavement, gassed it and it straightened out and took off. It is a beast and a ticket machine. I love it.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
I want to clarify this.

BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE
..............................DOWNSHIFT DOWNSHIFT DOWNSHIFT (turn in depnding on the car (front engine mid engine rear engine))

The point is to put the inertia load on the brakes not the drivetrain (wholly).
I gotcha. I drive basically the same as the video you put up. I’m just smoother and faster =)

orions dad

TRX Noob
Reaction score
I have been watching this guys YT channel for a little while mostly to pass time. When he found some clear liquid on the ground my 1st thought was the tranny fluid line blow off or wasn't secured well at the factory, he wasn't driving the truck that hard. There have been an increasing amount of defects being found on TRX's.

I have recently found a YT channel where this guy has been documenting defects from the factory

rbrdky

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 RAM 1500 Sport, 2011 Porsche Cayman S, 1975 Porsche 914, 2020 Porsche Cayenne, 2018 BMW R1200GS, 2007 Ducati 1098s Tricolore, 2006 Ducati 1098, 2001 Ducati Monster 900ie, 1978 Ducati Darmah 900SD

WolverineHusky

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7
The kid's latest video was cringe and a textbook example of "Doth Protest Too Much" when he got super defensive over his shifting skills and boneheaded decision to drive to the dealer. His patronizing, "people just don't know how modern cars/trucks work" was laughable as his "analysis" of the pros and cons of the TRX are recycled talking points that a trained monkey could recite. As others have said, he called ONE tow truck company and said, "well, can't wait until Monday I'll just drive to the dealer!". Like huh?

He needs a healthy dose of self awareness. He'd probably do even better on his channel if he just said, "Hey, I made a few mistakes don't repeat them" instead of his circular and non-sensical arguments on what went wrong.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com