Ben Hardy TRX Video - Out of Commission

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mainly how to blow a tranny

Thisobviouslyrelatestosomeformofscatfetishand_5eb9a8f4f1ad738d7026191fe2f5c88e_zpsqdcpgt7x.jpg

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 GMC 2500 trade for TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
@KnightMare and I plan to play the most intense game of chicken and collide our trucks head on and "accidentally" break them.
Yeah but the only way you get the Big clicks is unfortunately one of you has to die....😀. Don’t do it!😂😂

JumpSquadAuto

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
1999 Ford F350
Yeah but the only way you get the Big clicks is unfortunately one of you has to die....😀. Don’t do it!😂😂
LMAO. Well this is a tough one. We all need Knightmare more then me to keep FCA in check so naturally I have to volunteer. But I bet FCA will gladly pay me to take him out so it really comes down to how much they are paying.....haha jk

Either way Bambi can take the losers truck since he is starting a collection of dead peoples trucks lol (too soon?)

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
LMAO. Well this is a tough one. We all need Knightmare more then me to keep FCA in check so naturally I have to volunteer. But I bet FCA will gladly pay me to take him out so it really comes down to how much they are paying.....haha jk

Either way Bambi can take the losers truck since he is starting a collection of dead peoples trucks lol (too soon?)
I’m not sure it’s ever too soon for me

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score

MarkHawkins

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
jeep gladiator
I don’t live super close to a dealership. My dad has been giving me endless crap about buying a “Dodge”. He’s a Ford guy for sure and I drove a Ford F-250 all through high school with zero issues. I’ve lived in Texas for almost 20 years and have been dying to get a truck. The TRX checked every box but reliability....
I was a Chevy man when my dad bought me a 1977 chevy at 15 on the farm. I stayed true until I purchased a 1994 Ford with a 302. That was a great truck and that 302 was strong back then. I purchased a 1999 Ford with the triton and hated the power curve on that truck. I went back to Chevy with a 2005 avalanche and have been with Chevy ever since, several ones, all full size. That avalanche was my all time favorite truck.

I would purchase a Chevy today, BUT their interior sucks compared to Ram and even Ford is a little better imo. So I was awaiting the updated interior like the Tahoe which I found very nice. And then the TRX came out. Chevy has NOTHING like it. Ford has NOTHING like it. THERE IS NOTHING like it!. So I ordered on back in October. Yes it was too expensive for a truck, but there is NOTHING like it, and I want one more badass truck before I go granny SUV and get an electric denali for taking the grandkids on travel ball trips. (they are only toddlers now)

I was pissed at one point since I never saw any progress on my build. I took another look at the Hummer. I actually like that truck, but for me I want them to get some history before I got super-truck electric. Maybe ten years or so.

Then I was eagerly awaiting the Raptor announcement. And I was 50/50 on canceling my order and going to the Raptor V8...... But I watched the reveal in utter disbelief.... enter sandman.... and sandman was ecoboost? You poke the bear and come loaded with an ecoboost? Bad move Ford, you would have been better off not poking the bear.

So about the same time I went to D1 and I am looking forward to the TRX. First RAM, and if it serves me well and is as strong as I expect it to me.... I may be in the RAM camp for awhile. With my love of strong engines, it has a chance to become my favorite truck of all time.

That's how truck loyalty changes, the one I'm with has to screw up royally for me to shift, but I have, and I will.... just not easily.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
You don't want to engine break anything other than a diesel. Gas engines aren't built for it (not strong enough), and it generates way to much heat and stress. Thats what the brakes are for. Plus you add instability to the driveline train and tires and will lock it up.
I don’t agree with that assessment. I went 129,000 miles on a car by using the paddles shifters as an assist to braking. The car went 176,000 miles before I sold it and the only repair I ever had to do was replace the 4th gear position sensor. If done properly you can and should use paddle shifters to assist in braking. The cars are setup so they won’t let you down shift too far and end up past redline. The car is designed to reliably run at redline with a safety Martine. I would suggest it’s personal preference. I would also recommend not using it to the point your hammers the redline too much.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
I am thinking this should be renamed either Ben hardly knows how to drive or Ben hardly knows anything about vehicles. The fact the he is just flipping the paddles without knowing what gear he is in or needs just shows this guy should not be posting videos. Going on about being heavy in the front, yes it’s heavier, way heavier than a V-6, learn how to handle the truck first before posting. Learn how to take that kind of weight into a corner, then let’s talk. If you can’t tell what kind of fluid is leaking out of your vehicle, well here is your sign - your not qualified to post anything about any vehicle.

Imperial4ever

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram truck
It was interesting watching him limp the TRX back to the dealership..Prob even more depending on what was revealed happened by the techs.

Variable

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Bentley GT Supersport, GT2RS, Demon, Gen 5 Vipers
I don’t agree with that assessment. I went 129,000 miles on a car by using the paddles shifters as an assist to braking. The car went 176,000 miles before I sold it and the only repair I ever had to do was replace the 4th gear position sensor. If done properly you can and should use paddle shifters to assist in braking. The cars are setup so they won’t let you down shift too far and end up past redline. The car is designed to reliably run at redline with a safety Martine. I would suggest it’s personal preference. I would also recommend not using it to the point your hammers the redline too much.
Assist yes. Using the engine for total breaking at like this guy is, no.

Solaris

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Rebel
Current Ride #2
370z nismo
He may have been a little overly flappy with his flappy paddles. ZF 8-Speeds are well tune in Cilantro products. I would be shocked if you even needed to use them in this truck.
Yeah the click they made all through the video was getting annoying. I didn’t know what he was doing as I was watching the road but when he said he didn’t memorize the shift speeds I knows he was a fool. You don’t shift at speeds dude. He likely broke it before when the camera wasn’t rolling like on the road to the course and the damage just got worse because he has no clue how to manually shift. My Z has an anti millennial theft device ( manual transmission). If I shifted like this guy did it would be in pieces under the car.

Last edited:

Boris

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram
I guess this is what you have to do if you’re desperate to try to make people wait a year for a V8 without losing half your market share in the process.
Ford had 4 years to do something.
Everyone knew in 2016 the Ram TRX with a Hellcat was coming.

And the Raptor side is hilarious. I almost bought one. Then my brother sat me down and went on for about 15 minutes of all the problems with the ecoboost V6 he has had to fix (he moon lights as a tech for his buddies dealership).

Although he preferred I got a Power Wagon to the TRX

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com