ARH Header Install

So I got them done, and notice the Hemi tick much more. Unless I have a leak, but it’s coming from the headers where they collect right before the cats. I remember my 5.7 having the sound, but this is much louder. Sounds great from outside, but I had already put the dynomax mufflers (pretty much deletes) so not much different. I wonder if the 2” was the wrong choice.

Stick your hands around and see if you feel air. I bought headers that had a bad weld. Actually removed them 3 times haha.

So I got them done, and notice the Hemi tick much more. Unless I have a leak, but it’s coming from the headers where they collect right before the cats. I remember my 5.7 having the sound, but this is much louder. Sounds great from outside, but I had already put the dynomax mufflers (pretty much deletes) so not much different. I wonder if the 2” was the wrong choice.
View attachment 37708

View attachment 37709
sounds killer did you feel any power difference in the lower rpms?

I think I need to tighten them up, does yours have the ticking noise at lower RPM’s? I may just have to get used to it.

I do feel it, but need to throw the ripatuned on!

I think I need to tighten them up, does yours have the ticking noise at lower RPM’s? I may just have to get used to it.

I do feel it, but need to throw the ripatuned on!
slight tick I hear it more driving at low rpms idle its not as bad.

I had a leak at the flange where the cat connected to the remainder of the exhaust, not at the header gasket. I have to say I hear a lot of noise I’ll characterize as lifters (or just increased air flow). It sounds ticky below 3-3.5k RPMs. I don’t love it. Now WOT it’s great.

I had a leak at the flange where the cat connected to the remainder of the exhaust, not at the header gasket. I have to say I hear a lot of noise I’ll characterize as lifters (or just increased air flow). It sounds ticky below 3-3.5k RPMs. I don’t love it. Now WOT it’s great.
yes I agree but I've noticed its not to loud just loud enough for you to hear. Thank god you didn't have to go and tighten the header bolts again.

Here are a few clips. It is hard to hear on the driving video, but when there is a fence or other cars the tick is noticeable in the cab. Right before I punch it in the one video you can hear it. At idle video it is very loud. Not sure if the 2” just make it that much worse.

I did look at the HP gauge and it is higher (I forgot to take a pic of baseline, but I’m at 4500’ elevation, which equates to roughly 94 HP loss from 702 which is 608. Looks like I gained some back. No other mods yet.

DF186D7D-E89F-4445-9932-69A4528EE959.jpeg

Here are a few clips. It is hard to hear on the driving video, but when there is a fence or other cars the tick is noticeable in the cab. Right before I punch it in the one video you can hear it. At idle video it is very loud. Not sure if the 2” just make it that much worse.

I did look at the HP gauge and it is higher (I forgot to take a pic of baseline, but I’m at 4500’ elevation, which equates to roughly 94 HP loss from 702 which is 608. Looks like I gained some back. No other mods yet.

View attachment 38041
View attachment 38042
View attachment 38043
View attachment 38044
Sounds great. The tick could be a leak at the cat where it slides on and you have the slits in the elbos connector. Mine was leaking there and actually blow one of them off after I launched it 5-6 times in a row. I guess there was to much pressure for the strap style clamp. I ended up taking a punch and making a couple of endentions on each side of the sleave to give it a little grip and prevent slippage in the future. If that doesn't hold I will be forced to add a tack weld there to prevent it from blowing off in the future.

The (cheap in my opinion) ARH header gaskets didn't hold on mine either. I have a leak on the driver side of course and will be replacing both of mine this weekend with Cometic MLS gaskets. These seam to be WAY better design and quality than the ARH gaskets and not a bad price either. Here is a link if anyone is interested or needs them.

We akways use stock gaskets, and seem to work best.

The tick sounds like acoustics from valvetrain to me, just louder from the thin wall of the primaries.

View attachment 38041
View attachment 38042
View attachment 38043
View attachment 38044
Are you happy with the headers overall? I’m thinking of getting these, but I’ll have a pulley, tune, injectors and catch can.
Just asking before I spend 1900!
Thanks

Have the ARHs in hand, considering going for it myself soon. Plan is to use a "Header Armor" kit as well.

Gaskets from fast hemis. The cometic ones. I think about $35 each side. You must retorque the headers after they heat cycle once. Sit the front of the truck on jack stands on the frame rails and pull the wheels and fender liners. Take your time. Relocate all the things per the ARH install instructions after you get the old ones out. A long 10mm wrench is a huge help. Several header bolts you can only tighten with this 10mm wrench. Fire the truck up on the jack stands and let it come fully up to temp. Shut it off. Let it cool. Retorque all header bolts. Then put it back together. I love them. No issues. PM me if you have issues I can send my number if needed for questions. Hardest part is getting the stock manifold heat shields off to access the stock manifold bolts.

a143gsxr I finally started. Hoping to use the slip clamps without issue. Did everyone truly cut their cats 1.75" per instructions? I wonder if I should leave a little more for a little extra meat. I am planning on cutting, only after dry fitting as best I can, how much to cut.​

a143gsxr I finally started. Hoping to use the slip clamps without issue. Did everyone truly cut their cats 1.75" per instructions? I wonder if I should leave a little more for a little extra meat. I am planning on cutting, only after dry fitting as best I can, how much to cut.​

I did cut mine 1.75” each. No problems with enough meat. To add, I’m about to cut the X-pipe out and replace with H-pipe and then put the ARH cat delete pipes back on. Only issue with catless Midpipes was the racket cruising through 3000 RPM from the factory stamped X-pipe.

Yes, I cut mine also. I did leave a little more on there, but ended up having them welded after I found a pinhole leak in one of the clamps
I did cut mine 1.75” each. No problems with enough meat. To add, I’m about to cut the X-pipe out and replace with H-pipe and then put the ARH cat delete pipes back on. Only issue with catless Midpipes was the racket cruising through 3000 RPM from the factory stamped X-pipe.
Love the sound with the h-pipe, replaced my catback with the AFE vulcan system. Still have the cats though so can't say how it sounds with the offroad pipes

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back