ARH Header Install

Ooof. Got the "easy" passenger side off. I finally took a good look at this header, and notice a dent on the bottom of the passenger pipe for the cylinder closest to the front of the truck. Any chance this is intentional for fitment or have I finally discovered a shipping issue or something. Can't imagine these denting easily.

1000005317.jpg
1000005316.jpg

Looking at @Jester pic from awhile back, looks like same thing on his, bashed on purpose on the bottom passenger side

1714624969769.png

I wasted so much time thinking header armor was the way to go. No way that shit will fit well in there. I should have just sent these in for ceramic coating as soon as I got them. So that's now what I'm waiting on, to get them back from coater.

As far as removal, I really didn't think the drivers side was that much worse, IMO both sides kinda suck. As long as you are creative and have decent assortment of tools, you can get most of those bolts off without too much trouble.

Out of paranoia, I did end up wrapping the main part of the coil harness:

1717080574126.png

I wasted so much time thinking header armor was the way to go. No way that shit will fit well in there. I should have just sent these in for ceramic coating as soon as I got them. So that's now what I'm waiting on, to get them back from coater.

As far as removal, I really didn't think the drivers side was that much worse, IMO both sides kinda suck. As long as you are creative and have decent assortment of tools, you can get most of those bolts off without too much trouble.

Out of paranoia, I did end up wrapping the main part of the coil harness:

View attachment 130500
Getting the bolts out is the easy part, getting them back in on the headers is where it's much harder because you have to work around the primary tubes

I pulled the differential and driver side motor mount when I did my Kooks headers and it made the driver side easier than the passenger. I highly recommend removing them for a header install.

I pulled the differential and driver side motor mount when I did my Kooks headers and it made the driver side easier than the passenger. I highly recommend removing them for a header install.

Yes. I did the ARH headers without removing anything. Later went to long tubes and pulled the driver side motor mount and it was much easier to get to.

I wish I had ceramic coated mine. Factor that into your install as the heat increase is noticeable (at least in CO).

Back