25 / 12 TRUCKS FOUND TODAY (1/19/22)

245 VIN level 2 being built before so many, very frustrating. Even though I’m only 215 13 weeks in, still a bit frustrating. Congrats to all who are finally getting their trucks

Reactions: JT3
245 VIN level 2 being built before so many, very frustrating. Even though I’m only 215 13 weeks in, still a bit frustrating. Congrats to all who are finally getting their trucks
Don't be so mad about that one!! Be mad about the 264xxx fully loaded Level two built two weeks ago lol!!

So I just received info I have been released to the carrier this afternoon! So I should have WS same day as BS. Now just waiting for it to get to Chapman! Amazing how you can wait for so many months then it moves this quick! Thanks to all on the forum! It’s like another Christmas lol

Don't be so mad about that one!! Be mad about the 270xxx fully loaded Level two built two days ago lol!!

LMFAO!!!!

I am really trying to find some trend here - guessing their production system scans a broad array of VINs and if that given day they schedule and have the parts they get allocated to trucks with the highest profitability. If one part isnt available they dont "hold" your other 95% parts and wait for the 5%- you really have to hit 777 on the slot machine or back to the lottery system.

This actually makes sense for these recent loaded Level 2s with the pano roof - scheduling happened and they had that frame...

I could also be completely wrong and 95% am wrong lol

LMFAO!!!!

I am really trying to find some trend here - guessing their production system scans a broad array of VINs and if that given day they schedule and have the parts they get allocated to trucks with the highest profitability. If one part isnt available they dont "hold" your other 95% parts and wait for the 5%- you really have to hit 777 on the slot machine or back to the lottery system.

This actually makes sense for these recent loaded Level 2s with the pano roof - scheduling happened and they had that frame...

I could also be completely wrong and 95% am wrong lol
Yea, at this point only someone internal that is aware of the process will be able to shed any light on the matter. I have pulled daily data for just shy of 400 days straight now since the start of TRX production in 2020 and there is nothing useful that can be determined from the very limited data that we can gather publicly.

You are correct, they don't leave parts sitting around waiting on a missing component. They either have everything needed to build a truck or the parts get used on another truck that can be completed. They need to fill the production line otherwise they send everyone home, so they won't leave parts sitting around waiting. Its easy to make arguments in favor of jut about any narrative you choose, whether it be for base trucks because they have less options, to the top tier loaded level 2 trucks because they are more profitable. Building a less profitable truck is still better than building no truck so they will build the most trucks they can based on the number of parts available which may mean build 2 "half" optioned trucks vs the 1 "fully" optioned truck that those two could have been combined to produce.

Agreed with all of that. But I still scratch my head as to why they'll build a high-VIN truck with the same parts that a low-VIN truck should have gotten (in the case of identical builds).

Agreed with all of that. But I still scratch my head as to why they'll build a high-VIN truck with the same parts that a low-VIN truck should have gotten (in the case of identical builds).
All while @RamCares tells customers with early VIN orders that they don't have the parts to build their truck...which is 100% false

Easy.. Two Words. Higher Profit. Newer vins have the price increase than what us older vins have when we ordered in the Summer.

Easy.. Two Words. Higher Profit. Newer vins have the price increase than what us older vins have when we ordered in the Summer.
The older VINs have the price increase too. Go look at yesterday's window stickers. A 119 VIN shows $76,780 MSRP.

All while @RamCares tells customers with early VIN orders that they don't have the parts to build their truck...which is 100% false
RamCares told me last week that all parts were in and I was waiting for scheduling. I am still not in the queue so I am not sure you can trust what they are telling you. I'm a 171 from 9/8/21.

@Steiger - We are so close!!!

1642628036731.png

I got a email today from my dealer and he said I’m in D1 production. Wondering why I haven’t seen my name pop up on the list or did the dealer mis inform me? Excuse my ignorance if I messed up. Thanks!

I got a email today from my dealer and he said I’m in D1 production. Wondering why I haven’t seen my name pop up on the list or did the dealer mis inform me? Excuse my ignorance if I messed up. Thanks!
D1 is not production, and production is not D1.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back