2022 vs 2021 Differences

2021 vs 2022

New springs to fix lean (driver's side: #68442794ac for front, and #68442783aa for rear).
Aluminum pedals.
Lighted tailgate handle.
LV2 group now includes:
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon®Premium Sound
  • Remote-Start System
  • ParkSense Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
  • Surround-View Camera System
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
UC5 (Four times faster and has three times more memory than UC4):
  • TomTom navigation
    • Over the air map updates
    • Last Mile Navigation
  • Wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto
  • "Curb" camera view
The Trailer Tow Group adds four LED lights directly above the hitch.
A new Clean Air system is now standard, filtering out 95% of air particulates.

Last edited:
Does anybody know the part number of the old springs and the new springs so I can verify when (and if) mine arrives?
You could use this for reference to see if you got the new spring setup, can't find a part #s manual.

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.32.05 AM.png

And not all 2022's got the new corrected springs, my buddies new 22 still has the same part number springs on both sides causing the TRX lean, he is bringing it in to the dealership Monday for me to order the new springs to correct the lean under warranty.

2021 vs 2022

New springs to fix lean.
Aluminum pedals.
Lighted tailgate handle.
LV2 group now includes:
  • 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
  • Remote-Start System
  • ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
  • Surround-View Camera System
  • Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
UC5:
  • TomTom navigation
  • Wireless Apply Carplay/Android Auto
  • "Curb" camera view

To add a couple items:

The new Uconnect 5 tech interface is four times faster and has three times more memory than Uconnect 4 (which was one of the better systems out there as-is).

The Trailer Tow Group adds four LED lights directly above the hitch.

A new Clean Air system is now standard, filtering out 95% of air particulates.

I recall seeing some things regarding the poorly designed battery mounting bracket in the 21's. First time I saw it was the one that WhistinDiesel destroyed, so obviously it was busted under extreme conditions. Anyone know if they beefed that up at all?

I wonder if the springs are associated with certain options as they will increase or decrease Weight.

And then finally after the truck is built, I wonder if they are checked for lean and then taken to a offline shop and a whole shock/spring assembly with a different part number is installed.

In GM world on the zr2, they had the same problem. So there were about 12-14 springs . The target spring for the v6 trucks were 585# ish (I can’t remember now) and they tested and labled springs that were higher and lower. So they would put softer springs on the high side and stiffer on the low side.

The diesel springs were 650# ish… and they had the same deal.

Each spring number was a change of around 5 pounds.

And not all 2022's got the new corrected springs, my buddies new 22 still has the same part number springs on both sides causing the TRX lean, he is bringing it in to the dealership Monday for me to order the new springs to correct the lean under warranty.
My dealer ordered my new springs yesterday, #68442794ac for front and 68442783aa for rear. Both on back order plus 7 of the 10 pieces of hardware on back order. Truck is 1 inch low on LR.

My dealer ordered my new springs yesterday, #68442794ac for front and 68442783aa for rear. Both on back order plus 7 of the 10 pieces of hardware on back order. Truck is 1 inch low on LR.
Yeah I'm assuming they will be on a back order when I order Monday.

I wonder if the springs are associated with certain options as they will increase or decrease Weight.

And then finally after the truck is built, I wonder if they are checked for lean and then taken to a offline shop and a whole shock/spring assembly with a different part number is installed.

In GM world on the zr2, they had the same problem. So there were about 12-14 springs . The target spring for the v6 trucks were 585# ish (I can’t remember now) and they tested and labled springs that were higher and lower. So they would put softer springs on the high side and stiffer on the low side.

The diesel springs were 650# ish… and they had the same deal.

Each spring number was a change of around 5 pounds.
You are correct there is a spring chart listed on the service bulletin showing us techs what new spring to order pending the current left side springs installed from the factory.

Some minor features that can be very useful. I like the handle lights and the hitch lights. These would come in really handy for my camper hookups. I'm interested in seeing how UC5 plays out. I'm really accustomed to my current UC, so it will take some getting used to. My current is a bit glitchy occasionally, but not bad. I've definitely had some weirdness here and there though. I was hoping for Garmin GPS, rather than TomTom. I've always hated TT, but hopefully it's better than it was years ago when I last used it.

H
You are correct there is a spring chart listed on the service bulletin showing us techs what new spring to order pending the current left side springs installed from the factory.
Hey Potter,

Great video! I went out and measured my 21 TRX and found the Front drivers side sits half inch lower than passenger side.

Is this enough difference to support the dealer to order a replacement spring in your opinion?

H

Hey Potter,

Great video! I went out and measured my 21 TRX and found the Front drivers side sits half inch lower than passenger side.

Is this enough difference to support the dealer to order a replacement spring in your opinion?
Absolutely I am also going to make a video this weekend explaining and hopefully putting some of the confusion to rest on the new Spring replacement warranty with the dealership

Does anyone know if the TRX (specifically '22) has the annoying Auto Stop/Start "feature" where the engine cuts off at stop lights? If so, can you "permanently" disable it so it remembers the state between starts? My current GMC AT4 turns that stupid feature back on after every start and I have to manually disable it by pushing the button every time I get in the truck. I'm hoping that won't be the case with my TRX.

Does anyone know if the TRX (specifically '22) has the annoying Auto Stop/Start "feature" where the engine cuts off at stop lights? If so, can you "permanently" disable it so it remembers the state between starts? My current GMC AT4 turns that stupid feature back on after every start and I have to manually disable it by pushing the button every time I get in the truck. I'm hoping that won't be the case with my TRX.
There is no start stop on the TRX so you don't even have to worry about pushing a button to turn it off

No stupid cylinder deactivation either! Rejoice in the lifters that don’t eat themselves to bits.

Potter,

Great explanation of the two. I am looking forward to getting 2022 someday whenever they feel like building it. I watched another one of your videos as well, what is the part number for the off road side steps you installed?

This is all great news! So glad I held out for a 22 with Lvl 2 equipped! Now if it will just arrive before the end of this year...

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back