🔥 Where my Colorado (and surrounding area) peeps at? 🔥

Not set in stone yet but trying to make it the 24 - 27. So we would be available for trails Saturday and Sunday (25 & 26). Gonna drive there Friday and back Monday. Try to hit Pagosa hot springs either of those days, probably on the way there, on the way back we'll probably be too tired from the trails all weekend.
 
Not set in stone yet but trying to make it the 24 - 27. So we would be available for trails Saturday and Sunday (25 & 26). Gonna drive there Friday and back Monday. Try to hit Pagosa hot springs either of those days, probably on the way there, on the way back we'll probably be too tired from the trails all weekend.
Let me know as soon as possible! Where would you be staying and who would you be bringing with you? Please try and bring a walkie-talkie if you have one.
 
@CoJoe @MurderedCat

I'm gunna send you guys a PM with my cell # just so we can communicate like normal people about the trip. Once you guys send me ur #s, i'll make a group text chat so we can communicate in there. Once we hit the road, we won't be checking the forum posts very often especially once we get into the mountains. Hopefully, we'll have cell signal at camp but who knows! As soon as we get our campsite, I'll try & grab the GPS coordinates or a way for you guys to know where our basecamp is. We'll be passing through town on most days so I'm sure we'll get a big text message dump throughout the day to respond to. As of now, our camp is most likely going to be on/near South Mineral Road or the Ophir Pass/Chatanooga trail area. Here's a map so you can see where that is. The pink tent markers on the map are where we're shooting to camp but we could be within a couple miles of those markers depending on how many RV shoobies are already camping in those areas...

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE TRIP GENTLEMEN!

Screenshot 2026-07-15 at 10.16.29 PM.webp

Screenshot 2026-07-15 at 10.17.21 PM.webp
 
FYI: We'll be on channel 17 on the walkie. If you have a GMRS radio, channel 17 is one of the higher-powered channels. Depending on when you guys are heading out, we'll turn our radio on when we're at camp in case you're looking for us!
 
How's it going out there? Just saw they went from the fires to now having flash flooding and mudslides. Noticed the Million Dollar Highway is closed near Ouray. Hope you all are having fun and everyone is safe!
 
Last edited:
How's it going out there? Just saw they went from the fires to now having flash flooding and mudslides. Noticed the Million Dollar Highway is closed near Ouray. Hope you all are having fun and everyone is safe!
I’m home already, I think Rick started making his way home yesterday or today. He was camping near Silverton so he should be fine with the million dollar highway shutdown. That road is scary enough without mudslides 😬😬
 
Great to hear you all missed the mudslides! We're heading up there next weekend, hopefully they get the highway opened up by then but not looking promising--looks like a mess!
They’re pretty quick, it’s the most convenient way into Ouray so they depend heavily on it.
 
I will be picking up my 27’ in Fort Collins. I’m guessing sometime in October ( no vin yet)
I’ll be flying in from Hawaii with the fam for a week or so. Wanting to hit a mild trail or two for a scenic adventure. Will be my first time in Co
 
I will be picking up my 27’ in Fort Collins. I’m guessing sometime in October ( no vin yet)
I’ll be flying in from Hawaii with the fam for a week or so. Wanting to hit a mild trail or two for a scenic adventure. Will be my first time in Co
Legitimately endless number of trails to see. Weather can change in an instant here so be prepared for that.
I do mean instant, I am only at 6K feet and we have had a 50 degree drop in 45 minutes.
That being said there are numerous easy trails to hit up,
Mt cutler and muscoco are both relatively easy, they are also close to other things, the broadmoor, garden of the gods etc….

Highly suggest if you are going to hike download COTREX it’s a free app maintained by Colorado, allows you to download maps for free so when you don’t have service can still navigate.
 
Legitimately endless number of trails to see. Weather can change in an instant here so be prepared for that.
I do mean instant, I am only at 6K feet and we have had a 50 degree drop in 45 minutes.
That being said there are numerous easy trails to hit up,
Mt cutler and muscoco are both relatively easy, they are also close to other things, the broadmoor, garden of the gods etc….

Highly suggest if you are going to hike download COTREX it’s a free app maintained by Colorado, allows you to download maps for free so when you don’t have service can still navigate.
I will keep that in mind. Good lookin out
 
How's it going out there? Just saw they went from the fires to now having flash flooding and mudslides. Noticed the Million Dollar Highway is closed near Ouray. Hope you all are having fun and everyone is safe!
We finished our last trail day like 45 mins before mudslides started happening in the area. We did Ophir the day before 2 vehicles flooded up to their hoods. We did Imogene twice - the first was the day it reopened after mudslides. We were scheduled to do Red MT pass the day after it mudslid onto 550 but obviously avoided that trail completely. We did get stuck in a roadblock for 45 mins for (Red MT) mudslide cleanup but otherwise we had a horseshoe up our a@@ the entire trip! Thank the big man for keeping us safe!

Was the trip of a lifetime! Thanks to @MurderedCat and @CoJoe and Steve Clark for coming out to wheel with us! Still on the road so Pics coming soon 🤙
 
We finished our last trail day like 45 mins before mudslides started happening in the area. We did Ophir the day before 2 vehicles flooded up to their hoods. We did Imogene twice - the first was the day it reopened after mudslides. We were scheduled to do Red MT pass the day after it mudslid onto 550 but obviously avoided that trail completely. We did get stuck in a roadblock for 45 mins for (Red MT) mudslide cleanup but otherwise we had a horseshoe up our a@@ the entire trip! Thank the big man for keeping us safe!

Was the trip of a lifetime! Thanks to @MurderedCat and @CoJoe and Steve Clark for coming out to wheel with us! Still on the road so Pics coming soon 🤙
Great to hear you all had fantastic trip! Looking forward to the pics when you get back! Safe travels!
 
Looks like one hell of a time. I’m sorry I missed it (had some family stuff I wouldn’t have missed for the world). Maybe someday y’all will do it again and I can be there?
 
Looks like one hell of a time. I’m sorry I missed it (had some family stuff I wouldn’t have missed for the world). Maybe someday y’all will do it again and I can be there?
100% bro. And hope all is well on the home front 🙏
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top