🔥 Where my Colorado (and surrounding area) peeps at? 🔥

Be safe out there guys, fires are nothing to mess with.
Hopefully you can get to what you want but I wouldn’t chance going to an area you know for sure you can’t escape.
 
We just got back from Summit County, and the smoke was terrible. I saw both the Willow and Aspen Acres fires while driving around; they're both still raging with very little containment.
 
It has sucked lately with fires from Utah to Pueblo. I am in if anywhere on the Western Slope; I am in Grand Junction. THX!
 
We just got back from Summit County, and the smoke was terrible. I saw both the Willow and Aspen Acres fires while driving around; they're both still raging with very little containment.
yea that's pretty far from our area but we have our own fire going just north of us. From what i hear they have a perimeter to save Ouray so if that perimeter holds, we should be good!
 
Be safe out there guys, fires are nothing to mess with.
Hopefully you can get to what you want but I wouldn’t chance going to an area you know for sure you can’t escape.
I'm gunna Prime some returnable rappelling gear just in case we have to ditch the Dino & jump off a cliff as a family 😂😂
 
yea that's pretty far from our area but we have our own fire going just north of us. From what i hear they have a perimeter to save Ouray so if that perimeter holds, we should be good!
The Aspen Acres fire is really close to Colorado City and Pueblo. We saw it as we were driving back through there.
 
@CoJoe so looking at the map and this fire still raging above Ouray, our 1st pick campground is only 2.5 miles from the fire. I think we're going to pick a campground a little bit further south off Hwy 550. Probably going to go Ironton or possibly a bit farther south towards Silverton. Moral of the story, we'll be between 10-30 minutes south of Ouray, and 10-40 minutes north of Silverton so either of those towns would be a good spot to look for lodging. Let us know where you end up booking and which days so we can try to plan the extra fun trails for those days 🤘 🤘

Screenshot 2026-07-11 at 10.18.37 AM.webp
 
Last edited:
@CoJoe so looking at the map and this fire still raging above Ouray, our 1st pick campground is only 2.5 miles from the fire. I think we're going to pick a campground a little bit further south off Hwy 550. Probably going to go Ironton or possibly a bit farther south towards Silverton. Moral of the story, we'll be between 10-30 minutes south of Ouray, and 10-40 minutes north of Silverton so either of those towns would be a good spot to look for lodging. Let us know where you end up booking and which days so we can try to plan the extra fun trails for those days 🤘 🤘

View attachment 160409
Trying to see if I can swing at least one trail. Is Imogene Pass on the list?
 
Yes imogene is actually 1st on the list. I can move things around a bit but my plan for day 1 is Yankee boy to Imogene into Telluride
I’m really hesitant with the fire. I just don’t want to make it out there and it not be enjoyable because we’re getting smoked out. I’ll make up my mind soon. What day would be day 1 for you?
 
I’m really hesitant with the fire. I just don’t want to make it out there and it not be enjoyable because we’re getting smoked out. I’ll make up my mind soon. What day would be day 1 for you?
i dont think they're gunna let the fire head south and wipe out Ouray. I've been watching it every day and it's spreading north & east a bit but not a foot south from what i can see on 5 different map website tabs i have open.

With that said, unless the wind is blowing hard N-to-S, the fire is far enough from the alpine loop that we should be fine to do imogene.

Our day 1 would likely be either 7/21 or 7/22. I can move our day1 itinerary around a bit though and push it back a couple days. I'd prefer to run it on a weekday though as there will be less traffic for these big bitches to deal with. Try and save the less popular trails for the weekends
 
Alright I am finally getting my life planned out. . My buddy is having a lake party on the Saturday the 25th I can't miss out on. So Sunday we are going to head your direction. Depending on the hangovers we probably won't be to Ouray or Silverton until the afternoon. If @MurderedCat is there on Sunday we can lay off the tequila and be there earlier on Sunday for Imogene Pass. We will be sticking around until the 29th and leave after whatever we do that day. Feels good to finally have some dates locked down, looking forward to it 🍻
 
Alright I am finally getting my life planned out. . My buddy is having a lake party on the Saturday the 25th I can't miss out on. So Sunday we are going to head your direction. Depending on the hangovers we probably won't be to Ouray or Silverton until the afternoon. If @MurderedCat is there on Sunday we can lay off the tequila and be there earlier on Sunday for Imogene Pass. We will be sticking around until the 29th and leave after whatever we do that day. Feels good to finally have some dates locked down, looking forward to it 🍻
Isn’t this way later than @FULLTHROTTLERICK
Is getting there?
 
TRIP UPDATE: These are the days we'll be wheeling & exploring the Ouray and surrounding areas: 7/22 - 7/31

I'm not sure which trail we'll be doing on which day yet as there are a lot of factors (including the active fires in that area) but the fun will be had during that window of time.

Next up is to pin down a few basecamps (fire and vacancy permitting) & then pin down the trails we plan to do. Then work on routes to/from our desired basecamp. Super pumped!

Isn’t this way later than @FULLTHROTTLERICK
Is getting there?
Yeah its four days after he gets there, but he's there through the 31st I hope lol
 
Alright I am finally getting my life planned out. . My buddy is having a lake party on the Saturday the 25th I can't miss out on. So Sunday we are going to head your direction. Depending on the hangovers we probably won't be to Ouray or Silverton until the afternoon. If @MurderedCat is there on Sunday we can lay off the tequila and be there earlier on Sunday for Imogene Pass. We will be sticking around until the 29th and leave after whatever we do that day. Feels good to finally have some dates locked down, looking forward to it 🍻
Heck yea man!

So just to confirm, you're looking at getting in on the 26th sometime and then running trails with us on 27th, 28th and 29th & then rolling out after wheeling on the 29th? If that's the case, I might make the 26th an exploring day for us to take a break from trails and maybe hit the ghost towns or something fun for the kiddos.

You bringing anyone else with ya - kiddos or lady love? You planning to camp with us or getting a nearby lodge? Other than Imogene, what other trails do you want to hit?
 
Isn’t this way later than @FULLTHROTTLERICK
Is getting there?
yea but we'll be out there from the 21st-30th or 31st. Gunna spend a few of the days exploring ghost towns and doing whatever touristy things the small towns have for the kiddos. I foresee us riding the Telluride gondola for about 3-4 hours on 1 of the "exploring" days :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Heck yea man!

So just to confirm, you're looking at getting in on the 26th sometime and then running trails with us on 27th, 28th and 29th & then rolling out after wheeling on the 29th? If that's the case, I might make the 26th an exploring day for us to take a break from trails and maybe hit the ghost towns or something fun for the kiddos.

You bringing anyone else with ya - kiddos or lady love? You planning to camp with us or getting a nearby lodge? Other than Imogene, what other trails do you want to hit?
Yeah exactly as you said, we may try to meet up and say hi the 26th if you guys are around, but for sure on the trails 27, 28 and 29th. I am bringing a buddy with me from Meeker, same vehicle. My girl is a commercial fisherman and is up in Alaska right now, she is bummed to be missing out on this trip.
I thought about camping, but don't have much camping gear with me so we are renting a place in Ouray.

I haven't even looked at the trails, I know you've done your research and will put us on some fun trails. I've been gone from Co for 4 years, all the trail names have run together between here and Moab, I forget what's what and where lol I'm just looking forward to getting up in the mountains and hanging out with new people. After watching your videos I just hope my truck makes it back in one piece!
(Actually my truck already isn't in once piece; ripped off a mudflap and plastic driving out of a steep ditch the other night while out shooting things....also my buddy shot my A-pillar light with a 5.56...which I will post about later lol new light is sitting right here next to me just have to throw it on)
 
Yeah exactly as you said, we may try to meet up and say hi the 26th if you guys are around, but for sure on the trails 27, 28 and 29th. I am bringing a buddy with me from Meeker, same vehicle. My girl is a commercial fisherman and is up in Alaska right now, she is bummed to be missing out on this trip.
I thought about camping, but don't have much camping gear with me so we are renting a place in Ouray.

I haven't even looked at the trails, I know you've done your research and will put us on some fun trails. I've been gone from Co for 4 years, all the trail names have run together between here and Moab, I forget what's what and where lol I'm just looking forward to getting up in the mountains and hanging out with new people. After watching your videos I just hope my truck makes it back in one piece!
(Actually my truck already isn't in once piece; ripped off a mudflap and plastic driving out of a steep ditch the other night while out shooting things....also my buddy shot my A-pillar light with a 5.56...which I will post about later lol new light is sitting right here next to me just have to throw it on)
Not sure if you booked anywhere yet but we are looking at sites a bit closer to Silverton than Ouray. Not a huge difference either way but just wanted to give you the heads-up!

Tell ur buddy to keep his gun in his pants unless a Bear shows up!
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top