Whats up from Kansas City!?!?

I’ll be in North Kansas Cty this coming weekend. Anyone got a recommendation for a place to stay that’s as safe as can be for the truck?

I’ll be in North Kansas Cty this coming weekend. Anyone got a recommendation for a place to stay that’s as safe as can be for the truck?
I don’t spend much time over there but hopefully some of the other guys can chime in!

There really aren’t very many options in North Kansas City. You might be better off staying in Liberty, which is a short drive north on I-35. There are a couple of options within yards of I-35 and there is pretty much anything you need within a mile from them.

Reactions: qak
I’ll be coming through KC when I pick mine up from Granger. Are there good break in roads from Granger back to KC? I’m hoping there are options other than just interstate.

I’ll be coming through KC when I pick mine up from Granger. Are there good break in roads from Granger back to KC? I’m hoping there are options other than just interstate.
I took Hwy 169 south all the way to St. Joseph, should put you around 200 miles, then take I-29 south to KC.

How are my KC guys doing?!? Any more updates and impressions? Any races? Any mods?!

Curious if anyone on the Missouri side has a name of shop that does ceramic and paint correction or even a really good buff and wax. Thanks!

Loving the truck. Tons of fun to drive.

What did you end up doing as far as your trade in on your Superduty?
Sorry just getting back to this thread. Been crazy busy. I traded it to Granger. Got a "decent" price. I contacted Zach on here directly and got him to match GiveMeTheVin.com's price. Even though GMTV is a wholesaler. Zach's updated price was $1,000 more than Amanda's general manager's "top price". It was still $7k more than I paid for it late April 2020. They have it on their website, as of a couple days ago, for $4k more than they paid me for it.

So for anyone getting one from Granger. Mine had 25 miles on it when I picked it up. They have to drive to the next town over to get premium fuel....reason for extra miles. Not a big deal. I jogged over to 169 hwy and took that south. You go through Winterset (birthplace of John Wayne....my mom was a huge fan and I visited as a kid). Once I got to Thayer, I cut over east on 34 to I-35. It worked out perfect as by the time I reached I-35, I was just over 100 miles (103, 105, somewhere close to that).

Trying to stay under 55mph is B-R-U-T-A-L!!!!! Once I got to I-35, I could at least go 70mph, also brutal but not as bad. Of course I got over 55 and 70 a few times. I pulled off twice for a couple minutes and turned the engine off. I exited 3 times or so every hundred miles to come to a stop, and run through all the gears/change speeds and RPMs. When no one was around on the interstate, I also slowed way down for a while and then sped back up. I was close to 300 miles by time I got home....reached that the next day. Just hit 700 miles yesterday.

I have got on it hard a few times. I have yet to "launch".

Met with a PPF company yesterday to see what a sample of Matte would look like on my granite truck. It definetly mutes the flake, but not as much as I'd like. I'd prefer to not see any flake at all. So far my best quote for PPF (Xpel Stealth)/Ceramic is $7,400 (includes ceramic on wheels). Previous quote of $8,300. Another quote I got is $7837 (Kavaca matte film) (free 1 coat ("2 year") ceramic, extra $600 for 2 coat "5 year" ceramic, extra $1,000 for (4 coat "Lifetime" ceramic.....have to come in every year for inspection/refresh for $99 (the $99 part is a good deal as they'll detail your vehicle)). I could be off on number of coats of ceramic they do, but those are the correct number of "years" they warranty for.

The day after I got it, I installed the Go Rhino RB20 steps. I like them. They are a higher step up than what the "bars" were on my super duty. I installed the Weathertech mudflaps in the Granger lot before I left. This past weekend, I installed the JLT oil catch can. I have not installed the MBRP exhaust (muffler delete kit) yet. Just got notified yesterday that the Oracle lightbar that go in the cutout in the grill below the RAM have shipped.

Have a paint flaw/run on driver's door edge that I didn't notice until I was putting the steps on. I've decided it's not worth a repaint and the potential headaches of paint not matching/blending well. So going to see about having shop that does PPF/ceramic try to wetsand and polish.

Got it undercoated and cavity sprayed last Friday at LineX of Olathe. They did much better this time than on my F350 last year about overspray. Found a little bit, but it comes off pretty easy.

So far loving the truck. It's pretty quick! It definitely loves to chug gasoline!!

Drove by a Raptor yesterday on way in to work. He either didn't see me or wanted no part of it.

Anyone else get any prices on PPF/ceramic?

Oh, I have a contact that can sell you a "Toyota" extended warranty that appears really good. It's nationwide and covers just about everything except normal items (trim, leather, wear and tear, etc).
6 yr/100k for $2715
7 yr/100k for $2890
8 yr/125k for $3475
10yr/125k for $3990
Zero deductible. A guy in the TRX FB forums put me in touch with him. This guy works for a major dealer out east that sells just about every brand of vehicle. They sell the Toyota extended warranty of every make and model. I'm thinking about doing it.

Sorry for such a long post!!!

Last edited:
There's an A Loft and Element Hotels in the One North development. Very safe, no concerns.

I actually stayed at the Element last time I was in town. Reason I didn’t stay this time is because the rooms were almost 100$ more than last time. I ended up at the Spring Hill suites Marriott. Highly recommend if anyone else stays there. I was able to park the truck right outside my room window. Very nice rooms. Good price.

Thanks @Hogie! That is super awesome to hear all of your feedback. I could imagine that drive back is torture! I have not priced out any PPF or ceramic lately but will once I go D1. I am excited for you! I am hoping for a decent trade in as well when I get closer to that time. I feel like the Raptor is starting to age on me and we are growing apart hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣

@Red Dot v2 congrats man! You were definitely flying through the process! Super jealous!

Thanks @Hogie! That is super awesome to hear all of your feedback. I could imagine that drive back is torture! I have not priced out any PPF or ceramic lately but will once I go D1. I am excited for you! I am hoping for a decent trade in as well when I get closer to that time. I feel like the Raptor is starting to age on me and we are growing apart hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣

@Red Dot v2 congrats man! You were definitely flying through the process! Super jealous!
Thanks, I’m glad it’s going quick. I can’t do the waiting thing lol. Going with a base trim was the right move. They move super quick.

How are my KC guys doing?!? Any more updates and impressions? Any races? Any mods?!
Best mod I've done is plug the stupid bumper holes. Need to find a better paint match though.

Attachments

• PXL_20211203_163700760.jpg
    PXL_20211203_163700760.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20211203_163631774.jpg
    PXL_20211203_163631774.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 19
That’s how it goes! I just got back from western KS, only guy out of 5 with a white tail tag, they were hunting mulies. I drew my mule deer tag last year so I should be able to draw again next year! Already got an Idaho elk tag but application season is right around the corner!

That’s how it goes! I just got back from western KS, only guy out of 5 with a white tail tag, they were hunting mulies. I drew my mule deer tag last year so I should be able to draw again next year! Already got an Idaho elk tag but application season is right around the corner!
I'll probably apply for WY elk tag, maybe go back to CO if I don't draw.

I'll probably apply for WY elk tag, maybe go back to CO if I don't draw.
Me too, may have to do the special draw this year. I apply everywhere except CA, WA, and Oregon. Take all my money

I just hit my lotto, based out of Topeka but spend a lot of time in KC. So, one more Granite to the area!

I'm leaning towards Cornerstone for Xpel PPF/Ceramic. Anyone ever hear back from them if they'd be interested in doing a group deal?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back