What are you using your AUX switches for?

AUX 1 is the "Wife Ejection Button".........Pano opens, triple airbags mounted in the passenger seat ignite and then......silence....ahhhhhhhh!
No need for me to explain why I have that button!
EJECTO SEATO CUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have the pin positions for the tail lights?
Left:
1666420878275.png

Right:
1666420924305.png

Lights are all on order, I plan to do the use the aux switches like this:

Aux 1 - M&R Fog Lights (white)
Aux 2 - M&R Fog Lights (amber)
Aux 3 - M&R 40” light bar (amber)
Aux 4 - M&R 40” light bar (white)
Aux 5 -
Aux 6 - Reverse Lights

Haven’t messed with the Aux switch settings yet, are you able to name each switch?

Lights are all on order, I plan to do the use the aux switches like this:

Aux 1 - M&R Fog Lights (white)
Aux 2 - M&R Fog Lights (amber)
Aux 3 - M&R 40” light bar (amber)
Aux 4 - M&R 40” light bar (white)
Aux 5 -
Aux 6 - Reverse Lights

Haven’t messed with the Aux switch settings yet, are you able to name each switch?
Any reason you aren’t tapping the parking lights for your ambers, and wiring your fogs to the factory fog harness?

Any reason you aren’t tapping the parking lights for your ambers, and wiring your fogs to the factory fog harness?
Just sounds easier to install all this stuff myself and use the AUX switches instead of tapping into wires. I haven’t really looked into it to be honest. Maybe I will though…I’m sure someone around here has done it, just have to do some digging.

Just sounds easier to install all this stuff myself and use the AUX switches instead of tapping into wires. I haven’t really looked into it to be honest. Maybe I will though…I’m sure someone around here has done it, just have to do some digging.
Yes, ease of wiring is a big consideration. It makes everything a single-wire hookup (well, plus the ground). To tap into your existing running lights and/or fog lights, you need a relay for each set of lights, a source of switched power to feed the relays, two grounds (one for the lights, one for the relay), AND a tap into the existing circuit to trigger the relay. It's a fair bit more work.

Yes, ease of wiring is a big consideration. It makes everything a single-wire hookup (well, plus the ground). To tap into your existing running lights and/or fog lights, you need a relay for each set of lights, a source of switched power to feed the relays, two grounds (one for the lights, one for the relay), AND a tap into the existing circuit to trigger the relay. It's a fair bit more work.
Burns a lot of switches… but that only matters if you have enough attached to them.

Burns a lot of switches… but that only matters if you have enough attached to them.
Oh, I definitely agree. I can just understand the appeal of using the Aux circuits, especially if you're not experienced with splicing and soldering wires.

What would be really nice, is if someone would offer a wiring kit, which consisted of an inline "tapping harness" that would plug into the stock headlight and fog light connectors, allow the factory wiring harness connectors to plug in to it, and switch included relays for low beam, high beam, marker, and fog lights. A provided power wire would connect to either a switched, or constant, power source (user's choice) to supply +12V to each relay, and a provided ground wire would ground each relay's coil. Then you'd have a plug-n-play solution that would give you 1-wire (fuse-protected) connections to any desired add-on lights, controlled by the factory lights. Ideally, you'd use Micro-2 fuse sockets to provide fuse compatibility with the rest of the truck.

And, with a simple change in wiring, any of the four relays could have their common power supplied by an Aux circuit, instead of a constant power source. Then the Aux switch becomes an "arming" switch - when on, the stock high beams turn on your mega-lumen light bars. When the Aux is off, you just get stock high beams.

Anybody want to run with this idea? @Boosted? @Shifts_And_Grins? Send me a sticker, and we'll call it even :)

Yeah I don’t want to get into all that. I’ll use the Aux buttons for the fogs, leave the amber switch “always on” and flip the whites on when I need 12,000 lumens

Last edited:
My plan, and I say plan as I haven’t done any of it yet, is to use one switch, set to momentary, for my train horns. One switch for behind the grill lights and one switch for the reverse lights. That leaves me three more for future use.
Did you ever do the train horn ?

Aux switches for the following:

Yellow Baja Design LP6s on front bumper
White Lens Baja Design LP6s on front bumper
White Lens Baja Design light bar. front bumper
White Baja Design Squadron Pros on rear bumper.

I initially and the squadron pros turning on automatically when I back up, but they were so bright I had to turn it to on/off as I don't want to blind people when I back out of a parking space lol.

So, I only have 4 aux switches since I have the trailer reverse option on my 22. so far I have 2 pillar lights and 2 reverse lights all rigid radiance scene lights I pulled off my Raptor before I sold it. The pillar lights have the yellow background and the rear lights have the red background all wired on 1 aux switch. The off road white light on the pillar lights is hooked up to aux switch 2. The off road reverse white light is hooked up to aux switch 3. So now I have only 1 aux switch left. I am thinking of adding the Oracle light bar since it looks factory and seeing if you all really like it. It seems to be the case. Thanks!

So, I only have 4 aux switches since I have the trailer reverse option on my 22. so far I have 2 pillar lights and 2 reverse lights all rigid radiance scene lights I pulled off my Raptor before I sold it. The pillar lights have the yellow background and the rear lights have the red background all wired on 1 aux switch. The off road white light on the pillar lights is hooked up to aux switch 2. The off road reverse white light is hooked up to aux switch 3. So now I have only 1 aux switch left. I am thinking of adding the Oracle light bar since it looks factory and seeing if you all really like it. It seems to be the case. Thanks!
So if i may ask which do you prefer the Raptor or the TRX?

Oh, I definitely agree. I can just understand the appeal of using the Aux circuits, especially if you're not experienced with splicing and soldering wires.

What would be really nice, is if someone would offer a wiring kit, which consisted of an inline "tapping harness" that would plug into the stock headlight and fog light connectors, allow the factory wiring harness connectors to plug in to it, and switch included relays for low beam, high beam, marker, and fog lights. A provided power wire would connect to either a switched, or constant, power source (user's choice) to supply +12V to each relay, and a provided ground wire would ground each relay's coil. Then you'd have a plug-n-play solution that would give you 1-wire (fuse-protected) connections to any desired add-on lights, controlled by the factory lights. Ideally, you'd use Micro-2 fuse sockets to provide fuse compatibility with the rest of the truck.

And, with a simple change in wiring, any of the four relays could have their common power supplied by an Aux circuit, instead of a constant power source. Then the Aux switch becomes an "arming" switch - when on, the stock high beams turn on your mega-lumen light bars. When the Aux is off, you just get stock high beams.

Anybody want to run with this idea? @Boosted? @Shifts_And_Grins? Send me a sticker, and we'll call it even :)
@Jimmy07 has built a harness to accomplish the integration with low beam/high beam no tapping into harness as well as leveraging existing aux switch wiring to allow control over the aux lights/accessories while invoked.

@Jimmy07 has built a harness to accomplish the integration with low beam/high beam no tapping into harness as well as leveraging existing aux switch wiring to allow control over the aux lights/accessories while invoked.
Dammit I wish would of known that! Cut and spliced mine a couple weeks ago 😑

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back