TRX with Leveling Kit and Behind Grille lights

I am with @F8Demon on this one, the truck definitely looks nose high. I’ve measured my front and rear fenders several times and it’s slightly less than an inch and a half difference with the standard factory rake.

These are not like heavy duty trucks, the rake is minimal and with the 1.5 leveling kit the nose is going to be higher, and if you ever put anything in the bed of the truck it will sit looking funny.

I like the idea of the leveling kit to raise the front end, but you almost need something you can raise the back end with as well. Then you’re essentially putting several inches of lift on the truck all the way around, that makes more sense to me if you want to lift it.

I’m keeping my suspension completely factory and driving it off-road like I stole it. Heading to Colorado Walden sand dunes in TWO months, will test the jumping capabilities very soon!!

Thanks again for being creative and taking risk, really cool idea and awesome to share with everyone what you have learned.

Last edited:
1.5" LEVELING KIT

Good Morning,
So the original TRX that was supposed to be here didn't show up to dealer yet.(seems to happen a lot to people).
We decided to go with Plan B: Steal back AL's truck and modify the kit we originally installed.
Here are some pics of the final product.
This Is the 1.5" after the install, alignment and short test drive.
I have reached out to the manufacturing company we are going to be contracting with to see how fast we can get the first 100 kits to us. As soon as he calls me (fingers crossed today/tomorrow latest) I will have more info on pricing / timeframe of product to my door date. I am hoping (per conversation with Company Rep.) that we can have at least first 25 kits in a 1-1.5 week timeframe. I have a list of people already on waiting list from all over the country. I am also working on a direct link for purchase.

Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom
Thanks for the update. Looks great. Can you get a pic on one side from the front of the UCA/LCA and the angle of the CV axle? Curious to see how much the angle is increased on the CV. Not concerned, just curious.

Thanks for the update. Looks great. Can you get a pic on one side from the front of the UCA/LCA and the angle of the CV axle? Curious to see how much the angle is increased on the CV. Not concerned, just curious.
Sorry for the delay. I had to run over after work and catch the truck. They were just getting ready to load it on transport truck for its new owner. Thanks Sully

Attachments

• TRX.ANGLE.png
    TRX.ANGLE.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 245
Did you do anything with the little rods on the sensors on the front control arms? I know in air ride vehicles, they are used to adjust height. I'm guessing on the TRX, it serves more as a "reading" tool for the suspension to keep updated with what the truck is doing. Curious to see what kind if issues it could cause if longer rods weren't put in. Seems it would be sending out inaccurate readings to the computer.
Front Suspension.jpg

Did you do anything with the little rods on the sensors on the front control arms? I know in air ride vehicles, they are used to adjust height. I'm guessing on the TRX, it serves more as a "reading" tool for the suspension to keep updated with what the truck is doing. Curious to see what kind if issues it could cause if longer rods weren't put in. Seems it would be sending out inaccurate readings to the computer.
View attachment 5862
I wonder if those are the jump detector sensors?

View attachment 5862
I have one on my BMW which is used to determine adaptive LED headlight positioning.

The Fox Live Valve shocks uses a similar type of shock/wheel position sensor. I think the Bilsteins use a similar technology to live valve. If so it controls the valving through the travel cycle of the shock. When you level the raptor you just have to reset static height or the ride gets stiff because the truck thinks the wheel has drooped a few inches and it's adjusted valving for the impact the shock thinks is coming but never does so the result is a constantly firm shock setting. I'm not certain this is the same on the TRX, just something I've seen with leveled live valve shocks.

Good Afternoon, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgotten anyone with the leveling kits .I will have a kit showing up tomorrow for quality control check as well as to make sure fitment is perfect. I will be taking measurements on a stock launch edition so we can see the before and after. I will also have the first 100 kits to me next week sometime. I am still working with the light bar companies to ensure the brackets are made to fit.
Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

To get on the list for ordering a leveling kit or light bars with with relay/harness and brackets please give us a call @ 508-339-4600. Please leave your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Good Afternoon, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have not forgotten anyone with the leveling kits .I will have a kit showing up tomorrow for quality control check as well as to make sure fitment is perfect. I will be taking measurements on a stock launch edition so we can see the before and after. I will also have the first 100 kits to me next week sometime. I am still working with the light bar companies to ensure the brackets are made to fit.
Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

To get on the list for ordering a leveling kit or light bars with with relay/harness and brackets please give us a call @ 508-339-4600. Please leave your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Cant Wait Sully! Patrick (Long Island). Thanks!!

Thanks Sully
Autoworks Custom

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you have them in stock once my truck gets here (April I hope). I plan to come to your shop for install of the leveling kit. How many hours of an install process is it?

Not exactly but they do have the JCO, for when you do jump to keep the suspension from bottoming out.

1.5 INCH LEVELING KIT .Finally have them. After the first company failed to deliver our back up company produced product and we will continue to get units weekly. I have created a link on eBay to make it easier. I am still working on getting back to people that have reached out. I apologize for the delay and almost lost it when the first company failed to deliver. Thank for the patience and I am truly happy with the overall outcome. As Al said when I used his truck as the sample truck. "You F%#@*^$ nailed it". Thanks Sully

Hi, Buzz Killington here ...

For the folks who are doing this (I ordered the kit myself), please make sure you adjust your headlights afterwards.

Just tell the shop to put the truck 50ft away from a wall, mark the location of the front tires and the top of the low beam cutoff on the wall. After the level drive the truck to the marked spot on the ground and adjust the low beams to the same spot on the wall. Not only you're not rude/dangerous to oncoming traffic, but you will save yourself the aggravation of constantly getting flashed by people who think you have your high beams on.

Remember ...

90405768.jpg

Hi, Buzz Killington here ...

For the folks who are doing this (I ordered the kit myself), please make sure you adjust your headlights afterwards.

Just tell the shop to put the truck 50ft away from a wall, mark the location of the front tires and the top of the low beam cutoff on the wall. After the level drive the truck to the marked spot on the ground and adjust the low beams to the same spot on the wall. Not only you're not rude/dangerous to oncoming traffic, but you will save yourself the aggravation of constantly getting flashed by people who think you have your high beams on.

Remember ...

90405768.jpg
What if everyone already thinks I’m a douchebag?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back