TRX Aftermarket Wheel and Tire pics! [size/offset]

Rides great. I did install the hub-centric plastic rings that come with the wheels, and there didn't appear to be any vibration at speeds up to (and maybe over) 100mph. Rode great for a 40 mile round trip last night.
Great job dude, looks fantastic.

@Nitro , just a sugggestion but maybe you could make a sticky thread for the wheels and tires section where people can post pics of their trucks with various brands and sizes of wheels and tires that they have installed on their TRX. Request that people post the size, brand, and specifications of both the tires and wheels they are running. There is a similar thread on a square body forum I'm on, and it's a great reference for people to use when they want to get a visualization of how their truck might look with different wheels and tires.

Here is my contribution:

Tires: 37x13.50r20 Toyo Open Country MT
Wheels: Fuel "Rebel" 20x9 with +20mm offset
Suspension Modifications: None
Trimming required: None
Care to share what Square body forum your on . I have several lol.

Tire math is hard ...

Can anyone tell me what 325/65R18 is in freedom units?

Trying to figure out if there's a matching size in these: https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-mt

ETA: I guess the closest is 35X12.50R18

Now can someone look at the two tires in that size and tell me if I need E or F spec?

Thanks

Last edited:
Tire math is hard ...

Trying to figure out if there's a matching size in these: https://www.toyotires.com/product/open-country-mt

Now can someone look at the two tires in that size and tell me if I need E or F spec?

Thanks

plug in the numbers and hit calculate and it will give you alternate tire sizes on different wheel sizes that are "more or less" the same size

Tire math is hard ...

Thanks
I have run Toyo tires for years. I've run E-rating on all my trucks including super duties cause they meet or exceed the factory load rating. F is basically a slightly higher load rating at max PSI. 10-ply vs 12-ply. I am curious what the factory spec tire is rated at on the TRX since its a performance truck. I have a 35x12.5R18 on my F350 plow truck and that's an E rated Toyo RT tire (half way between an AT2 and MT tire) which is rated at 3195lbs.

If it doesn't show the E or F load rating on the tire or door jab, it should show the weight rating of the tire. As long as that is below the E load rating cap, you are good to go with an E.

I have run Toyo tires for years. I've run E-rating on all my trucks including super duties cause they meet or exceed the factory load rating. F is basically a slightly higher load rating at max PSI. 10-ply vs 12-ply. I am curious what the factory spec tire is rated at on the TRX since its a performance truck. I have a 35x12.5R18 on my F350 plow truck and that's an E rated Toyo RT tire (half way between an AT2 and MT tire) which is rated at 3195lbs.

If it doesn't show the E or F load rating on the tire or door jab, it should show the weight rating of the tire. As long as that is below the E load rating cap, you are good to go with an E.
In practical terms, the higher the rating the stiffer the ride.

@Nitro , just a sugggestion but maybe you could make a sticky thread for the wheels and tires section where people can post pics of their trucks with various brands and sizes of wheels and tires that they have installed on their TRX. Request that people post the size, brand, and specifications of both the tires and wheels they are running. There is a similar thread on a square body forum I'm on, and it's a great reference for people to use when they want to get a visualization of how their truck might look with different wheels and tires.

Here is my contribution:

That look really good. Can you post a side shot from front to back to see how much it stick out ?

Here is my contribution:

They look perfect. Any feel for performance loss due to final drive ratio change (and probably a little additional weight)?

They look perfect. Any feel for performance loss due to final drive ratio change (and probably a little additional weight)?
Thanks. No noticeable performance difference, but I only ran the stock tires for about 40 miles. I can say it's plenty fast with 37s on it. I'll try and get a pic from front to back. The wheel offset is the same, so any additional poke outwards is going to come from the sidewall pattern and tire width. It's not substantial, but it fills up the wheel well really nice.

That look really good. Can you post a side shot from front to back to see how much it stick out ?
I think it's just about perfect. It's more the trophy truck look where the fenders cover the tires. It's pretty flush.

Attachments

• IMG_1533.JPG
    IMG_1533.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 1,211
Not to beat a dead horse but those didn’t alter your performance noticeably?

Nope. 700HP and 650lbft can overcome a slight tire height increase without much effort. Is it a touch slower? Maybe, but not likely to the point you would notice.
How about your speedometer reading? Are you off? I would assume you are probably going 5% faster than the reading says.

I have run toyo RTs for the last 5+ years. On my lifted 1500 I loved them. On my 2020 PW I hated them. They were scary in the snow. Not sure if the additional weight or the PW, but I just took my stock TRX tires up to the mountains and they handled great.

I'm not inclined to change them, but would like some different rims. My son is also telling me it needs an offset or wheel spacers if I keep stock.

Any others out there keeping stock tires but putting spacers on stock or replacing with a new rim and existing tires?

How about your speedometer reading? Are you off? I would assume you are probably going 5% faster than the reading says.
At 31-32mph clocked speed on a staionary radar sign my speedo says 30mph. I'd guess 5% is a good rule of thumb. When I go up a tire size I always tack on 5mph to my speedo displayed speed up at highway speeds and it's typically not far off. Except my Raptor on 40s. That's 10mph off at highway speeds.

Fantastic news and thanks for the update. I'm a truck modding noob and I can't decide if the 37s are that much of a difference over the 35s. My untrained eye is having trouble seeing THAT much of a difference. And if this thing never gets off the pavement, does it really matter that much? I have a week to decide so I need to get a handle on this. My 35s are in but not mounted yet. Truck is still trapped at the train station.

Here is my contribution:

This is exactly the setup I've been looking for. you think a 00 offset 20x9 would work or needs to be +20mm?

My TRX should be here mid march.

I am in Houston as well.

Fantastic news and thanks for the update. I'm a truck modding noob and I can't decide if the 37s are that much of a difference over the 35s. My untrained eye is having trouble seeing THAT much of a difference. And if this thing never gets off the pavement, does it really matter that much? I have a week to decide so I need to get a handle on this. My 35s are in but not mounted yet. Truck is still trapped at the train station.
I don’t think you can go wrong either way but I think the 37s look really good. The tire tread and wheel choice probably have more to do with the look but the 13.5 width tire looks nice and beefy.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back