truck stolen in front of my house

I buy American ! Everything from my fucking work boots to my tools. Is there something wrong with that ? I actually look where products are made. I’ll buy German, Japanese, or other European products before buying shit from China. Igla may be a good product but choose not to support Russian companies especially when I have family in Ukraine.
Half your truck is made in mexico and china. Just because a company is in a country you don’t like doesn’t mean they are for what the government is doing. Thats like saying I won’t buy American because of trump, biden and the rest of the corrupt government ruining not only the US but also half the world. Your logic is backwards.

Thats mighty white of you. Half your truck is made in mexico and china. Just because a company is in a country you don’t like doesn’t mean they are for what the government is doing. Thats like saying I won’t buy American because of trump, biden and the rest of the corrupt government ruining not only the US but also half the world. Your logic is backwards.
Your first sentence is grossly inappropriate and should be deleted immediately.

Klaus Schwab and his fellow Germans, along with FJB and his crowd (in addition to Macron/France etc.), are leading the charge to eliminate the fuel our trucks run on - it gets tricky trying to find someone to buy from that isn't in some way our enemy. Buying American seems safe, depending, of course, on whether the seller is on the right side. Ravelco (of which i have six) states they are American made - unfortunately they recently cut ties with my installer making it less accessible for the moment. Despite best efforts it is almost impossible to avoid Chinese products completely.
All we can do is try. 🇺🇸

Half your truck is made in mexico and china. Just because a company is in a country you don’t like doesn’t mean they are for what the government is doing. Thats like saying I won’t buy American because of trump, biden and the rest of the corrupt government ruining not only the US but also half the world. Your logic is backwards.
Wtf. That’s the Kentucky coming out.
Dad always said never argue with an asshole and ya can’t fix stupid.

Things aren’t always what they seem. This was posted a few days ago on the 5th Gen forum. It was on the back side of an OEM turn signal.

1670291729768.png

I buy American ! Everything from my fucking work boots to my tools. Is there something wrong with that ? I actually look where products are made. I’ll buy German, Japanese, or other European products before buying shit from China. Igla may be a good product but choose not to support Russian companies especially when I have family in Ukraine.
Oops 😬

Attachments

• 169CC454-071B-4B09-8CF7-E1FA52339F4E.jpeg
    169CC454-071B-4B09-8CF7-E1FA52339F4E.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 70
  • 9A2083FC-F3C0-4D0C-8ADD-36500FFAA248.jpeg
    9A2083FC-F3C0-4D0C-8ADD-36500FFAA248.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 69
Not from Ky smart guy, retired from the army and dept of defense here. You should re-read your comments and see where the stupid is coming from. Blaming a whole country for the actions of its government is pretty pathetic. I don’t give a shit where it comes from. It is by far the best option to keep a vehicle from being stolen. If the company was like their government then they most definitely would not be doing business in the US. I guess bigotry and discrimination runs deep with you. Not a healthy way to live…
I’m not blaming anyone. I just choose not to support them. Retired army doesn’t make you not stupid. You should come up this weekend for a football game. You know who’s playing.

just buy revelco then…if they’re not russian owned too. I never understood agruing with strangers on the interwebs.

just buy revelco then…if they’re not russian owned too. I never understood agruing with strangers on the interwebs.
You know it's more enjoyable than you'd think. A favorite pastime for many. I know I started in AOL chat rooms (free CDs yeaa buddy) when a/s/l got out of hand on occasion. 🍻

I've never seen a factory alarm that has glass-break sensors. Or shock sensors. Ram certainly doesn't have it.
My 2010 Tundra has a factory glass breakage sensor. I too would have blindly assumed that a 2022 any-brand would have it as standard or option. Glad I’m reading about this here!

I’m curious about these IGLA options (I’m not giving up remote start, so I guess Ravelco is out): Do they actually splice into the harness? I know this isn’t the 90’s, but I’m not sure what’s worse: a stolen truck today, or electrical gremlins 4 years from now.

My 2010 Tundra has a factory glass breakage sensor. I too would have blindly assumed that a 2022 any-brand would have it as standard or option. Glad I’m reading about this here!

I’m curious about these IGLA options (I’m not giving up remote start, so I guess Ravelco is out): Do they actually splice into the harness? I know this isn’t the 90’s, but I’m not sure what’s worse: a stolen truck today, or electrical gremlins 4 years from now.
No wires are cut when its installed and retains factory warranty. Ravelco cuts and is essentially a kill switch

I don’t think it’s logical to blame an owner for having their locked truck stolen from their home. Could additional security measured have been taken? Yes, there is no end to what you COULD do. But that doesn’t make it the OPs fault. The blame lies with the scumbag thieves!
He isn't in the wrong obviously but he was slacking. Unfortunately vehicles with the hellcat power train are on high demand from us and thieves. If i walk down the road with a million dollar cash I technically wouldn't be at fault but it doesn't make me a smart man either. It's a very valuable and limited truck with the motor that made dodge relevant in 2016 and still one of the most powerful in the market. Anyone who owns any hellcat powered vehicle should take precaution, especially if it's stored outside. Once again I agree the thieves are to blame mostly but you got to take matters into your own hands on a vehicle like this.

No wires are cut when its installed and retains factory warranty. Ravelco cuts and is essentially a kill switch
Semantics here... you may not be actually cutting any wires, but you're certainly splicing onto existing factory wires. Otherwise, how are you getting power? How are you connecting to the CAN bus? Magnetic induction? No - you're stripping wires, soldering connections, and taping up the splices.

Semantics here... you may not be actually cutting any wires, but you're certainly splicing onto existing factory wires. Otherwise, how are you getting power? How are you connecting to the CAN bus? Magnetic induction? No - you're stripping wires, soldering connections, and taping up the splices.
suspect from the same location as the mopar power steps.

Umm, all systems do the same, theres a difference in removing a 1/4 inch of insulation and cutting it completely. Aftermarket alarms, remote start and everything in between is done the same way or cutting a wire and hooking to each end. Kill switches also cut a circuit completely so I don’t see what the issue is here?!?

Umm, all systems do the same, theres a difference in removing a 1/4 inch of insulation and cutting it completely. Aftermarket alarms, remote start and everything in between is done the same way or cutting a wire and hooking to each end. Kill switches also cut a circuit completely so I don’t see what the issue is here?!?
Because whenever someone asks about, "does it splice into the factory wiring", you always reply with the marketing slant of, "No factory wires are cut" - implying to the unfamiliar that it's a plug-in kind of setup, like the Tazer is. Let's not delve back in to the "Tazer is worthless, because you can unplug it" debate - just pointing out that when people ask if it splices into the factory wiring, this is what they're thinking about.

suspect from the same location as the mopar power steps.
Not exactly. The Mopar power step controller plugs into an unused port on the STAR connector (a CAN bus hub), whereas the IGLA gets spliced in to an existing pair of CAN bus wires somewhere in the vehicle.

I'm doubling up on next one - found way to get Ravelco and will do IGLA as well on same car

Back