🔥 Black Friday Deals are live at ShiftsandGrinsFabrication.com 🔥

truck stolen in front of my house

TRXfan508

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 1500 Rebel
Hi All,

New to the TRX and preparing for delivery of my ‘23 build. I’ve been reading through these threads about the extra protection and system installs.

Not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass but genuinely curious: Does the factory alarm not work when these goons are smashing out windows to gain access? I understand the key fob cloning and have already ordered a faraday box and pocket pouches for the key fobs.

Appreciate all of the help and information from this community!

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Hi All,

New to the TRX and preparing for delivery of my ‘23 build. I’ve been reading through these threads about the extra protection and system installs.

Not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass but genuinely curious: Does the factory alarm not work when these goons are smashing out windows to gain access? I understand the key fob cloning and have already ordered a faraday box and pocket pouches for the key fobs.

Appreciate all of the help and information from this community!
I've never seen a factory alarm that has glass-break sensors. Or shock sensors. Ram certainly doesn't have it.

TRXfan508

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 1500 Rebel
I've never seen a factory alarm that has glass-break sensors. Or shock sensors. Ram certainly doesn't have it.
Maybe I’m naive and just always thought that factory alarms sounded when windows were broken. I will definitely be looking to install one or more additional security measures to the truck.

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Maybe I’m naive and just always thought that factory alarms sounded when windows were broken. I will definitely be looking to install one or more additional security measures to the truck.
Try smashing your window, and see what happens. If your factory alarm goes off, I'll buy you a new window.

BlueTRX

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.
Did you get any footage of them taking the truck? How long did it take them? Rear window entry?

karturk1

FIREBALL
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX, level 2
I got the truck back in february, truck was stolen on the street in front of my house last night. it was out of view for ring camera. I got lazy with my faraday bags wasn’t using them. no tazer or lojack installed in either, I guess I just assumed since I live in a nice town it couldn’t happen to me but it did. on my way to the dealership to access gps tracking through the ram app since the free trial ran up and the subscription was never purchased.
Wow do that socks! I hope you get it back my husband keeps telling me I need to be careful too

Moparornocar

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
which one
Isn't Ravelco just as effective and easier to install ? there are no dealers for anything within 500 miles of me.

Redeyecrazy

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Destroyer Grey Hellcat Red Eye, 2021 Granite TRX, 2021 Durango Hellcat (wife's), 2016 Lingenfelter (700 HP) Chevy SS
Isn't Ravelco just as effective and easier to install ? there are no dealers for anything within 500 miles of me.
I’ve got six ravelco units installed (no IGLA within reasonable distance) - no complaints to date - do indeed have to give up remote start but as I never used remote start before i got this truck i didn’t notice.

Digerati

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
Military
Army 82nd Airborne Parachute Rigger
I’ve got six ravelco units installed (no IGLA within reasonable distance) - no complaints to date - do indeed have to give up remote start but as I never used remote start before i got this truck i didn’t notice.
I do use the remote start just to hear the cold start sound from outside of the truck, every single time!

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport
I do use the remote start just to hear the cold start sound from outside of the truck, every single time!
Same! Never had remote start in my life and with the sound of this truck, I do it as often as possible, even if I'm just walking back to my truck from a store I was in.

OP
OP
RippinNDippin

RippinNDippin

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
1500 big horn
Did you get any footage of them taking the truck? How long did it take them? Rear window entry?
i’m waiting on my new neighbors that just moved in to ask them if they have any footage bc they have cameras on their house. my next door neighbors have fake cameras so that wasn’t any help. i’m pretty sure they used universal key fob stolen from dealer or repeater box. they stole a charger srt 5 blocks away from me the same night. ez pass shows they went to jersey. most likely newark. they never disconnected gps. ram just located my truck an hour ago and alerted the police to recover it. they scaled back odometer from 15k to 4k. i’ll update more when I learn more.

Creamsicle

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ignition Edition
i’m waiting on my new neighbors that just moved in to ask them if they have any footage bc they have cameras on their house. my next door neighbors have fake cameras so that wasn’t any help. i’m pretty sure they used universal key fob stolen from dealer or repeater box. they stole a charger srt 5 blocks away from me the same night. ez pass shows they went to jersey. most likely newark. they never disconnected gps. ram just located my truck an hour ago and alerted the police to recover it. they scaled back odometer from 15k to 4k. i’ll update more when I learn more.
Good luck with the recovery. I hope the truck remains in good condition. We are all hoping this works out for you!

GreatWhiteTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM 1500 TRX (waiting for delivery)
Military
Army
I don’t think it’s logical to blame an owner for having their locked truck stolen from their home. Could additional security measured have been taken? Yes, there is no end to what you COULD do. But that doesn’t make it the OPs fault. The blame lies with the scumbag thieves!
This.
As someone who had his TRX stolen from a Goddamned hotel valet, I will say firsthand the fault from a worthless lowlife thief should NEVER be laid at the feet of the person who worked his ass off to have something nice, especially this damn truck.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping