Tailgate Ajar Warning Light - Am I Missing Something?

I have a 23, attached are the part #s of mine. They didn't match the ones in the thread either, but my guy got it working. Definitely need the bypass cable and it was a little difficult to get connected. We tried the trial version first, but ended up with the 49.00 subscription.
Our wires going into the latch are the exact same, prt# aside I think it's the same equipment. I have and I'm using the SGW bypass cable with my obd link mx+, I paid for and downloaded the full Alpha Obd app to run also. I've tried Jscan also but nothing is working??

Our wires going into the latch are the exact same, prt# aside I think it's the same equipment. I have and I'm using the SGW bypass cable with my obd link mx+, I paid for and downloaded the full Alpha Obd app to run also. I've tried Jscan also but nothing is working??
It sounds like your wiring and latch are correct, I had a friend do mine once he navigated through and found it, it worked. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in for you, I wanted to share the harness and latch with you. Sorry I wasn't more help, maybe close out the app and run again or update?

If you are having issues connecting to AlfaOBD, watch a few videos on YouTube. I was having issues when I first started using it and figured out my errors after watching videos. I'm not proficient enough to help with AlfaOBD, otherwise I'd try.

@Jimmy07 is the AlfaOBD guru. Maybe send him a DM.

Last edited:
If you are having issues connecting to AlfaOBD, watch a few videos on YouTube. I having issues when I first started using it and figured out my errors after watching videos. I'm not proficient enough to help with AlfaOBD, otherwise I'd try.

@Jimmy07 is the AlfaOBD guru. Maybe send him a DM.
Thank you for the suggestions, I'm going to try and find a few videos to watch and see if I can figure it out. If not maybe reach out yo Jimmy07 then.

It sounds like your wiring and latch are correct, I had a friend do mine once he navigated through and found it, it worked. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in for you, I wanted to share the harness and latch with you. Sorry I wasn't more help, maybe close out the app and run again or update?
Your pics were great help, they basically solidified that my thoughts that my parts were correct. I appreciate the suggestions also, I'll try and "reboot" the app and see if that helps.

I just had a thought, if you have IGLA installed it stops the dealer techs from communicating with the truck unless the pin or service mode is entered. Will the IGLA stop the obdlink from working on the truck too? If so I would assume I would have to turn the vehicle to the run position, enter the pin then proceed with the obdlink? Any one know this for sure?

I just had a thought, if you have IGLA installed it stops the dealer techs from communicating with the truck unless the pin or service mode is entered. Will the IGLA stop the obdlink from working on the truck too? If so I would assume I would have to turn the vehicle to the run position, enter the pin then proceed with the obdlink? Any one know this for sure?
I have IGLA and I enabled the Tailgate Ajar Warning light and notifications using the AlfaOBD. Yes, anytime you press the start button, with or without starting the truck, you want to enter your pin to make sure everything is talking. Not a big deal.

I have IGLA and I enabled the Tailgate Ajar Warning light and notifications using the AlfaOBD. Yes, anytime you press the start button, with or without starting the truck, you want to enter your pin to make sure everything is talking. Not a big deal.
I will try doing that and see if I'm able to get it working. Thanks.

Finally got the tailgate ajar indicator light and truck picture on the EVIC screen working. Now the next things I was trying turn on was the global windows up/down using the key fob and all 4 windows down automatically, anybody get those to work?

Went to my local Ram service center today for this, they gave me a print out of a TSB (https://www.tsbsearch.com/RAM/S1908000193-REV-A) Mopar TSB "Case Number: S1908000193 Rev. A" and stated that no ajar warning is normal operation. They are not denying that tailgate ajar warning is on my build sheet at all. I do not think this TSB applies to a 2023 Trx nor that they are correct. Has anyone been given this reason yet or believe it to be true?
Hard for me to try and believe the people working at Ram as many of you on here have turned on this feature with AlfaOBD.

Edit: On the online TSB I now see "Models:2019-2022 1500" so this definitely does not apply to a 2023...

Went to my local Ram service center today for this, they gave me a print out of a TSB (https://www.tsbsearch.com/RAM/S1908000193-REV-A) Mopar TSB "Case Number: S1908000193 Rev. A" and stated that no ajar warning is normal operation. They are not denying that tailgate ajar warning is on my build sheet at all. I do not think this TSB applies to a 2023 Trx nor that they are correct. Has anyone been given this reason yet or believe it to be true?
Hard for me to try and believe the people working at Ram as many of you on here have turned on this feature with AlfaOBD.

Edit: On the online TSB I now see "Models:2019-2022 1500" so this definitely does not apply to a 2023...
I fought this for months and finally just used AlphaOBD. Not worth the energy. Works perfectly.

I fought this for months and finally just used AlphaOBD. Not worth the energy. Works perfectly.
Yeah, was already thinking about getting AlfaOBD when I made the appointment with service as was thinking they would not fix it.

So you get AlfaOBD, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZL4LRVK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1WOC50AEFWL01&psc=1 and one of these ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1C2436WDJ39HA&psc=1 ) or ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088LW211V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A304MQ7NLQC62N&psc=1 ) ?
Also will this work with any android phone?

Last edited:
I could have sworn the door light comes on when the tailgate was down...... now I have to look lol

Yeah, was already thinking about getting AlfaOBD when I made the appointment with service as was thinking they would not fix it.

So you get AlfaOBD, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZL4LRVK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1WOC50AEFWL01&psc=1 and one of these ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1C2436WDJ39HA&psc=1 ) or ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088LW211V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A304MQ7NLQC62N&psc=1 ) ?
Also will this work with any android phone?

Yes, AlfaOBD works with all Android phones.

I bought this OBD2 reader. Much cheaper and it's worked good for me.

Anyone know for sure if there's a version that works with iphone?

Finally had it with waiting for the dealer to fix, or finding someone in my area with Alpha and Android...

Have a buddy coming over the holiday weekend who has an android, Have the necessary cables coming..
Can anyone point me to a comprehensive walk through to fix the tailgate ajar?

Thanks

Finally had it with waiting for the dealer to fix, or finding someone in my area with Alpha and Android...

Have a buddy coming over the holiday weekend who has an android, Have the necessary cables coming..
Can anyone point me to a comprehensive walk through to fix the tailgate ajar?

Thanks

I had to watch a few videos to get the hang of AlfaOBD. It's still confusing/intimidating, but at some point you just have to dive in. This is not comprehensive, but they are the two changes you need to make.

ECUConfig 4: tailgate ajar indication - yes

CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present - Yes

I had to watch a few videos to get the hang of AlfaOBD. It's still confusing/intimidating, but at some point you just have to dive in. This is not comprehensive, but they are the two changes you need to make.

ECUConfig 4: tailgate ajar indication - yes

CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present - Yes
Thanks, can you answer this for me?

I've read..If you have a Tazer .. You don't need the extra cables... How does that work? Plug the USB into phone.. then Tazer?

Back