Tailgate Ajar Warning Light - Am I Missing Something?

Come on! Someone in SoCal has to have an AlphaOBD set-up? Hit me up, I'll make it worth your while... Beer... cash... Ammo...

Dudes in Texas are doing it for their homies, who are most likely gonna be filing a theft report 2-3 weeks later anyway. :ROFLMAO:
I'm in socal for a work trip if you still want some help.

I activated on my 22 and now my 23. What I can tell you is there pic of the truck is a TRX with the Ram bar on the 23….. I can’t remember if it was the same on the 22.

I activated on my 22 and now my 23. What I can tell you is there pic of the truck is a TRX with the Ram bar on the 23….. I can’t remember if it was the same on the 22.
Nope, I think it was a standard 1500 there. Same for the retractable side steps; the 23s get a TRX icon rather than a standard 1500.

The last one to check is the turn off your blinker reminder. I have yet to see if that's a TRX too now as my turn signal stalk has cobwebs on it...oops.

Nope, I think it was a standard 1500 there. Same for the retractable side steps; the 23s get a TRX icon rather than a standard 1500.

The last one to check is the turn off your blinker reminder. I have yet to see if that's a TRX too now as my turn signal stalk has cobwebs on it...oops.
Cool - so I gained something vs. the rest of the stuff they took away for ‘23……

Ha, I actually decided not to do mine. I plan to haul some stuff with the tailgate open occasionally, and don't want the constant warning on the dash.

You can cancel the warning by pressing the "OK" button on the left side of your steering wheel.

Can I use the alpha obd with the tazer?

Do you have to leave that thing plugged in all the time or once you change the setting you unplug the alfaobd

Do you have to leave that thing plugged in all the time or once you change the setting you unplug the alfaobd
You can unplug the OBDLink when you’re done making changes. The new settings will be stored in the BCM so you don’t need to leave it plugged in.

Ok obd savy guys maybe you can help me out. I'm trying to turn on the tailgate ajar warning light and cluster image/icon in my MY21 TRX, lvl2 with advanced safety group option. I think I have the correct 4 wire harness and latch (see pics) but my prt# isn't the same as the ones supplied in this thread. I can't seem to get the alpha obd app to work? I can connect to the body controll module but can't make any changes, I can't press the icon in the bottom right corner with the wavy line, but I can press all other ones. I did find one code, not sure what it means (see pic).
Thanks
Edit: I also tried to back up the original file before doing any changes and it won't let me do that either??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715_102209_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_102209_AlfaOBD.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20230715_094648_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715_094648_AlfaOBD.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230715_100926.jpg
    20230715_100926.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230715_100940.jpg
    20230715_100940.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 51
Ok obd savy guys maybe you can help me out. I'm trying to turn on the tailgate ajar warning light and cluster image/icon in my MY21 TRX, lvl2 with advanced safety group option. I think I have the correct 4 wire harness and latch (see pics) but my prt# isn't the same as the ones supplied in this thread. I can't seem to get the alpha obd app to work? I can connect to the body controll module but can't make any changes, I can't press the icon in the bottom right corner with the wavy line, but I can press all other ones. I did find one code, not sure what it means (see pic).
Thanks
Edit: I also tried to back up the original file before doing any changes and it won't let me do that either??
I have a 23, attached are the part #s of mine. They didn't match the ones in the thread either, but my guy got it working. Definitely need the bypass cable and it was a little difficult to get connected. We tried the trial version first, but ended up with the 49.00 subscription.

Attachments

• 20230703_102837.jpg
    20230703_102837.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230703_102806.jpg
    20230703_102806.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 31

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back