Handgun Storage for the Under mat pockets

I live in Maine as well, Constitutional Carry states are great, all states should be that way in my opinion. To take the ability of self preservation away from humans is just plain crazy to me. I have nothing against law enforcement but we all know if something goes down and you don't have any firearms with you and say 3 guys break into your house to do harm to you or your family and you call 911 for help..... Well most times, not all but most times by the time they get officers dispatched to come to your aid and by the time they get there it is more than certain it will be to late. They will do an investigation to try to figure out who murdered you but it's most likely to late for your family and yourselves. People may call me delusional or afraid or what ever but even when I'm home with my family I have a firearm on me or next to me just incase someone decides to kick in my door. Same when I'm in bed 2 handguns next to me one under my pillow, and one on my nightstand, and then one on the side of my wife's nightstand, then a 11.5" suppressed AR with 4 30 Round .223 magazines and 1 .556 green tip 30 round magazine all ready to go. Yeah, I may be a little delusional or what ever people want to call me but I just like to think I'm better prepared than what ever dirtbag wants to kick in my door. And very important, train with your firearms, my son and I go shooting almost every Saturday to get better and better. Training is key to your survival in a gun fight. Just my opinions not trying to stir anything up with anyone that disagrees with the way I think and live. You all do you, and I'll be still training and trying to be one step ahead of the dirtbags.
Bill
Under the pillow, I like it man...have 3 handguns at the camp in s maine and 4 at home in nh..none under the pillow tho...wife is cool with guns, but not sure that would fly...very very close but no pillow

Ok, this is even worse but im not sure if there is more to it. Its from the NRA state gun laws explained site.

“Non-Residents
It is unlawful for any person to carry, possess or transport a handgun in or through the state unless he has a valid New York license.”
New York is notorious for no guns for you peasant! Only the gov and celebs get to protect themselves there. You have to prove dumb things like you carry over 100k on you daily. They made it so hard to carry infact it was found to be unconstitutional. Makes one wonder why are all the ones holding their states hostage in fear of them getting armed. Maybe because throughout history if you don't have to take crap you won't. Would seem to me they wish to keep feeding shit to the masses and their dam is about to burst. Most are fed up with being subject to rules that don't apply to everyone equally.

New York is notorious for no guns for you peasant! Only the gov and celebs get to protect themselves there. You have to prove dumb things like you carry over 100k on you daily. They made it so hard to carry infact it was found to be unconstitutional. Makes one wonder why are all the ones holding their states hostage in fear of them getting armed. Maybe because throughout history if you don't have to take crap you won't. Would seem to me they wish to keep feeding shit to the masses and their dam is about to burst. Most are fed up with being subject to rules that don't apply to everyone equally.
Main reason I'll never moved too (or even visit) foreign countries anymore, like New York and California. :)

Last edited:
This is what I was referring to, holster is just clipped on. No drilling or anything. I just unclip it from there and onto my waist.

20240427_152422.jpg

I have heard that truck drivers are refusing to do deliveries to NY/ NYC? Only something i heard though.

I guess the deal with firearms transportation THROUGH NY is that Federal Law supersedes state law so by Federal Law you can transport a firearm through NY as long as it is in a locked case with the ammo locked in a separate case.
My friend always carries a copy of the Federal firearms laws with him no matter where he travels, always with guns of course.

This is what I was referring to, holster is just clipped on. No drilling or anything. I just unclip it from there and onto my waist.

View attachment 128620
Thats a nice set up. Im surprised the holster stays in place on the draw. Is it an IWB holster? I had mine there but it seemed more visible than i would like and was too loose.
Right now i have it clipped on the OEM floor mat towards the seat. Kind of a rig but im ok with that. Im thinking of drilling.

I see you have done away with those monstrous OEM mats!

Thats a nice set up. Im surprised the holster stays in place on the draw. Is it an IWB holster? I had mine there but it seemed more visible than i would like and was too loose.
Right now i have it clipped on the OEM floor mat towards the seat. Kind of a rig but im ok with that. Im thinking of drilling.

I see you have done away with those monstrous OEM mats!
Yeah I like that option too but when I had mine that way the draw would sometimes pull the holster with it and that I couldn't live with. That's why I went with the We the People screwed in mount and it is a very nice and consistent draw and the holster always stays put.
Bill

Yeah I like that option too but when I had mine that way the draw would sometimes pull the holster with it and that I couldn't live with. That's why I went with the We the People screwed in mount and it is a very nice and consistent draw and the holster always stays put.
Bill
Thanks for the info Bill! Sooo many options! My rig up will take the holster with it for sure at least the way it is now. I can manage that but it would be better if it was attached, at least to something. I really dont care about drilling but i do want it back towards the seat as much as possible. If someone shorter than me were to need to move the seat, that needs to be considered too.

Bill
Do you have to use their holsters for it to work? I assume so but?

Thanks for the info Bill! Sooo many options! My rig up will take the holster with it for sure at least the way it is now. I can manage that but it would be better if it was attached, at least to something. I really dont care about drilling but i do want it back towards the seat as much as possible. If someone shorter than me were to need to move the seat, that needs to be considered too.
If it's back closer to the seat at least for me it kinda gets in the way of my knee. I'm 5'10" and the reach is perfect for me at least for my handguns. Now having my AR under my rear passenger seat isn't ideal but I have at least 2 handguns up front, most of the time it's actually 3 I have my comped MR920 in the holster mount always in there, then what ever I'm carrying on me, I usually have one of my other MR920's in my Tier 1 appendix holster with sidecar with spare magazine and then my Glock 26 is in my top part of my center console where I also keep 1 other 15 round and a 33 round magazines. If shit really is getting bad then I should be able to fight my way to my backseat if I actually need more fire power. I hope that never happens but we all know how this Country is heading and in my opinion it gets less safe everyday. It really to me at least is set up pretty well. My youngest child is 22 years old and my whole family are very comfortable with firearms so I don't really have to worry about little kids finding any of them. I also have 5 different concealment pieces of furniture with weapons in all of them plus my master closet in my bedroom is a small armory lol, solid door steel reinforced walls on either side of the door and a coded entry lock for some piece of mind. No cameras in my house but we have 6 outside covering both doors, my driveway front yard and back yard. And Yes I have a camera watching my truck when I'm home just in case someone tries to steal it when I'm sleeping.
What can I say, I personally love firearms and they are a big part of my life, not just a hobby but a way of life.
Bill

Do you have to use their holsters for it to work? I assume so but?
I think you just need to use their clips, they fit perfect in the mount, very secure. So if you have other kydex holster you prefer as long as they will except the WE the People Clip you should be great.
Bill

Can anyone else verify this?..not saying you're wrong at all, but sounds sketch AF....and you did use the word guess :) ...oh here's the fed laws officer, printed em out on my Epson...gimme my Glock back and have a great rest of your day.....NY sounds like Mass and have not heard this...thx much

I guess the deal with firearms transportation THROUGH NY is that Federal Law supersedes state law so by Federal Law you can transport a firearm through NY as long as it is in a locked case with the ammo locked in a separate case.
My friend always carries a copy of the Federal firearms laws with him no matter where he travels, always with guns of course.

Glad I have a HR218 card (LEOSA) ...makes things a LOT easier and excuse to share backdrop on traffic stops.

Can anyone else verify this?..not saying you're wrong at all, but sounds sketch AF....and you did use the word guess :) ...oh here's the fed laws officer, printed em out on my Epson...gimme my Glock back and have a great rest of your day.....NY sounds like Mass and have not heard this...thx much
Yes, its my wording but from a fairly reliable source who takes gun laws seriously. I believe you can get a copy of the Federal gun laws from your local ATF OR call the ATF and see if they will send you a copy. Possibly a gun store might know where you can get a copy? I would like to get a copy as well. On the endless list! 🙃
Wait, you found it?? Link?

If it's back closer to the seat at least for me it kinda gets in the way of my knee. I'm 5'10" and the reach is perfect for me at least for my handguns. Now having my AR under my rear passenger seat isn't ideal but I have at least 2 handguns up front, most of the time it's actually 3 I have my comped MR920 in the holster mount always in there, then what ever I'm carrying on me, I usually have one of my other MR920's in my Tier 1 appendix holster with sidecar with spare magazine and then my Glock 26 is in my top part of my center console where I also keep 1 other 15 round and a 33 round magazines. If shit really is getting bad then I should be able to fight my way to my backseat if I actually need more fire power. I hope that never happens but we all know how this Country is heading and in my opinion it gets less safe everyday. It really to me at least is set up pretty well. My youngest child is 22 years old and my whole family are very comfortable with firearms so I don't really have to worry about little kids finding any of them. I also have 5 different concealment pieces of furniture with weapons in all of them plus my master closet in my bedroom is a small armory lol, solid door steel reinforced walls on either side of the door and a coded entry lock for some piece of mind. No cameras in my house but we have 6 outside covering both doors, my driveway front yard and back yard. And Yes I have a camera watching my truck when I'm home just in case someone tries to steal it when I'm sleeping.
What can I say, I personally love firearms and they are a big part of my life, not just a hobby but a way of life.
Bill
Dang!! You ar (get it?) set up!! I want to be on your team!!
No i dont have the WTP holsters. I think mine are from Concealment Express but ive had them for a while, pretty sure though. They are Kydex.

The country is a mess. I barely recognize my home city and would not want to live there at this point.

Which part sounds sketch?

Dang!! You ar (get it?) set up!! I want to be on your team!!
No i dont have the WTP holsters. I think mine are from Concealment Express but ive had them for a while, pretty sure though. They are Kydex.

The country is a mess. I barely recognize my home city and would not want to live there at this point.
Heres my rig up. I like it there and if i ever felt an immediate “ok this looks bad” need i can always stick it in the cup holder or center console. Im thinking i might mount the holster on the mat?? I always have another one in a bag but i dont “carry” on my person because it is uncomfortable.
I know, its kind of like not wearing a seatbelt because it wrinkles your dress but the threat level where i live, especially in my immediate area, is very low. Going into larger areas is changing but still fairly safe. Some shit has gone down in the recent past that indicates that things are getting worse.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 37
I always have a firearm on me when in places that it is allowed, and to be honest even some places that you are not to carry. I would personally rather get arrested for carrying than not have one on me and end up seeing something bad go down and not be able to protect my love ones, myself, and any other innocent people that may be in danger. I always carry in a holster and I prefer kydex holsters for their rigidity. And I also have my 9.5" short AR with 2 magazines of 223, and 2 Magazines with 556 green tips. I have another 15 round and 33 round 9 mm magazines in my center console. Better to be prepared and not need it then being unprepared and need it.
BillView attachment 128606View attachment 128607View attachment 128608
Love the setup for your handgun. Where did you get that holder and is it just attached to the console with those 2 screws?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back