Start Button Kill Switch Harness

KDCane

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
I assume he probably inadvertently touched one of the kill switch leads to a ground while installing. They are hot all the time, so it’s better to just plug the harness into the starter button AFTER the kill wires are run, and the kill switch is wired and installed. Then there’s no risk of shorting and no need to disconnect the battery.
I didn’t do that, but it may have happened when attaching the wires to the switch. Not sure. Good thing it was an easy fix when I took a moment to think about it. Fuse F24. If it happens to anyone else.

Kdavis217

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
F150
Could you please add me to the list as well? I have a ‘23 on order and would like to be prepared when it arrives. Thank you

CUOFFRD

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘20 Ram 1500 Limited
I didn’t do that, but it may have happened when attaching the wires to the switch. Not sure. Good thing it was an easy fix when I took a moment to think about it. Fuse F24. If it happens to anyone else.
It may be easier to just remove fuse F24 than unhooking the battery. Thanks for this info.

Audie

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
392 wrangler
Is anyone interested in a harness to wire in a kill switch for the start button? I did not want to cut factory wiring so I made a harness with factory plugs and 2 wires that will lead to a kill switch. $25 shipped. View attachment 57316
I came over from a 392 for him to get one of these switches and I have no idea how to navigate this. I could use some help please.

@JC

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - Granite Crystal Metallic
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep 392 - Granite Crystal Metallic
I came over from a 392 for him to get one of these switches and I have no idea how to navigate this. I could use some help please.
Where's my commission? :ROFLMAO:

RJP

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep 392
Is anyone interested in a harness to wire in a kill switch for the start button? I did not want to cut factory wiring so I made a harness with factory plugs and 2 wires that will lead to a kill switch. $25 shipped. View attachment 57316
Yes I definitely would like to purchase.

I ran across your link on jeep392.com. I can PayPal payment as soon as available. Thank you.

TRXTrax

TRX Noob
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
09 F150 FX4
Still waiting the arrival of my TRX but been following the theft threads.... Wonder if a person could re-wire the horn to not use the factory location thieves can so easily cut, then re-purpose the factory horn wiring to complete the kill switch circuit. Basically if the thieves cut the factory horn wire with the intention of disabling the horn, the ignition switch is disabled.

Would a factory AUX switch be another place a person could use as the kill switch? Hidden in plain sight.

Cant wait tell my TRX arrives to check out and throw more informed ideas out there.....

quikag

TRX Member
Reaction score
Please put me on the list. My '23 is supposed to be here in a few weeks and I like this option. Thank you!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping