Squeal/Squeak Sound Issue, all the time.

I think I’ve found the cause of the squeak on my truck. Same deal. Only happens when warm.

So I was digging around in the engine bay trying to see what was making the squeak. Decided to just start spraying water on the belts at various points. As soon as I got water on The serpentine belt that drives the ac/alternator/etc it went away(drivers side engine bay). Once it dried out, squeak came back. Could it really be that simple?

I’m gonna take it in for warranty. This seems too easy after people having their trucks in service for weeks.
Did you take your truck in for a warranty repair yet? Very interested in what you find out. My truck will be here in a week or two and I just know mine will make this absurdly annoying noise. Would love to be able to have them fix it before i even pick it up. But theyll probably just give me a squirt bottle of water and send me on my way.

I got real nice dealer swag too. Little printed vinyl bag with suction cups for my EZpass and some little keychains.

😂

Did you take your truck in for a warranty repair yet? Very interested in what you find out. My truck will be here in a week or two and I just know mine will make this absurdly annoying noise. Would love to be able to have them fix it before i even pick it up. But theyll probably just give me a squirt bottle of water and send me on my way.
Get this. Earliest date service could take me is sept 10

Mine doesn’t squeal yet. It’s more of a little squeak like sneakers on a basketball court. Once she starts to really wail I’ll bring it in.

Mine doesn’t squeal yet. It’s more of a little squeak like sneakers on a basketball court. Once she starts to really wail I’ll bring it in.
They’re gonna tell you it’s normal unfortunately. Like they’ve told everyone else who’s brought there’s in. Save yourself the trip to the dealer.

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but I changed my oil (at 4000 miles) and the squeak seems to be less. It even starts to go away after warming up some. I used Amsoil. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but I changed my oil (at 4000 miles) and the squeak seems to be less. It even starts to go away after warming up some. I used Amsoil. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s interesting. Mine only squeaks when brought to operating temp. This is becoming kinda annoying. If oil, why would putting water on the belt make it go away briefly? If just a belt, why wouldn’t service be able to fix it in an hour? There were trucks in service for weeks on this.

I tried the water. It didn’t help.

I tried the water. It didn’t help.
Maybe mine doesn’t have The Squeak and just a squeak. It seems to behave differently than others

I did an Amsoil 0w40 change today and outside of the startup squeak the engine is noticeably quieter at idle.

I did an Amsoil 0w40 change today and outside of the startup squeak the engine is noticeably quieter at idle.
Anyone care to speculate on why different oil would help that squeak?

Anyone care to speculate on why different oil would help that squeak?
My squeak is still there. The noisy valve train clatter has quieted down. It’s a noisy engine for sure, although all hellcats are.

My squeak is still there. The noisy valve train clatter has quieted down. It’s a noisy engine for sure, although all hellcats are.
@Futant said it got quieter with new oil at 4k so was wondering.

once we start seeing people doing more serious mods, hopefully we can zero in on it.

@Futant said it got quieter with new oil at 4k so was wondering.

once we start seeing people doing more serious mods, hopefully we can zero in on it.
Someone did headers and said it quieted down a lot, but was still there. There’s a video of him drag racing on the forum and it sounded badass. I’m still leaning towards it being something exhaust related for sure. I think it’s the cats

Y’all just need to be like me and have fucked up hearing and then it won’t bother ya. I don’t know if mine squeaks or not and I can’t even hear it on the trucks on this site that people post clips of with the squeak. Hell my wife has been complaining about crickets in the house keeping her awake. I can’t hear them and sleep like a baby.

Y’all just need to be like me and have fucked up hearing and then it won’t bother ya. I don’t know if mine squeaks or not and I can’t even hear it on the trucks on this site that people post clips of with the squeak. Hell my wife has been complaining about crickets in the house keeping her awake. I can’t hear them and sleep like a baby.
Gunfire?

I shoot quite a bit but only started that about 10 years ago. My hearing has been bad longer than that. I used to have to get it tested annually for work. Not really sure why it is so bad. I can hear most tones about average but can’t hear the higher pitch tones

Back