S&B Cold Air Intake Ram TRX

Well guys, it's been over a year of trying to figure this air intake out. I continually get a CEL when the hose clamp (connecting tube to filter) loosens even just a bit. I've worked with S&B and they have been very accommodating by sending me out a new filter and new tube over the last year, but nothing has been a permanent fix and the CEL always returns no matter how tight I crank the hose clamp (of which I've also tried 3+ types/brands). Thus, I am going back to the OEM air intake.

However, there is one problem, I'm having a hard time trying to find the air breather/vent hose (video for specific part) that we cut when installing the S&B. The part number is 53011327AC but no results show up online nor for the entire tube assembly (6835222AD). Does anyone have any ideas on a custom hose that can be heat shrunk back onto the threads like the OEM tube? Thanks in advance.
in the installation instructions for my aFe intake (different system, but still applies I would think), it says that if you ever need to reinstall the original tubing, they suggest using heat-shrink over the original hose. Not super slick, but it would probably work. At least until you find something suitable to replace it.

I looked on mine to see if there were any markings for the size, but there's nothing on the outside.

in the installation instructions for my aFe intake (different system, but still applies I would think), it says that if you ever need to reinstall the original tubing, they suggest using heat-shrink over the original hose. Not super slick, but it would probably work. At least until you find something suitable to replace it.

I looked on mine to see if there were any markings for the size, but there's nothing on the outside.
I was just coming here to say that. I've used Heat shrink to repair this connection to have a customer(when i was at the dealership) be check engine light free until a replacement hose came in.

They don’t sell the hose separately. It comes as an assembly with the intake tube and MUA solenoid already attached.

Not sure if there are any aftermarket alternatives. I’d probably just run the hose that came with the S&B.
Thanks, that's unfortunate.

I wish I could use the S&B hose, but the ID is too large to fit over the OEM intake tube, even with a tube clamp on it (then I'd probably run into the same problem as now with the loose fit!).

Guess I'll try to find some tubing that I can retrofit onto there - given it's just a vent hose I have hope some regular flexible tubing may work.

Edit: Just saw the responses above, I can definitely try some regular heat shrink, doesn't hurt I suppose. Not sure why but I also cut the end off of the OEM side, so both sides are now require the heat shrink, guess I'm just that smart.

I don’t like the fact that the s&b system eliminates the TRX/Raptor Easter egg. Or am I missing something? My AFE works great.

I wish we had concrete evidence of IAT temps in let’s say 85+ degree weather between S&B and an open air like JMB. It’s wild to me that regular driving an open air is that much hotter if at all then a S&B. But I’m also curious with the hood scoop where does water go with an open air 😂

I’ve got an S&B ordered but man do the open air systems sound and look better.

I wish we had concrete evidence of IAT temps in let’s say 85+ degree weather between S&B and an open air like JMB. It’s wild to me that regular driving an open air is that much hotter if at all then a S&B. But I’m also curious with the hood scoop where does water go with an open air 😂

I’ve got an S&B ordered but man do the open air systems sound and look better.
The search function is your friend

Thread 'JMB Intake' https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/jmb-intake.7849/

Have you looked at the CPS intake?

I don’t like the fact that the s&b system eliminates the TRX/Raptor Easter egg. Or am I missing something? My AFE works great.
It doesn't at all if you're willing to cut down your cover. I bought a 2nd one to cut down and stored the original one away just in case I ever wanted/needed to revert back to factory.

Last edited:
I was just coming here to say that. I've used Heat shrink to repair this connection to have a customer(when i was at the dealership) be check engine light free until a replacement hose came in.
Were you able to buy the hose without the intake tube and solenoid? My dealership is telling me if I ever have motor issues with a aftermarket intake, the warranty on the motor will be void. Definitely doesn’t sound right, but I want to have a hose on standby in case I have to switch back.

Were you able to buy the hose without the intake tube and solenoid? My dealership is telling me if I ever have motor issues with a aftermarket intake, the warranty on the motor will be void. Definitely doesn’t sound right, but I want to have a hose on standby in case I have to switch back.
You need to find a new dealership.

You need to find a new dealership.
Yea. I was pretty surprised when they said that. I’ve never had any issues in the past. And to think this dealer was recommended as a mod friendly dealership.

Had an S&B on my TRX (for sale now if anyone is near Buffalo). Was a great upgrade and increased supercharger whine.

Had an S&B on my TRX (for sale now if anyone is near Buffalo). Was a great upgrade and increased supercharger whine.
But…
What’s the but? Why did you take it off?

Back