S&B Cold Air Intake Ram TRX

Because the little ones they provide dont have much bite to them. If u overtighten them they might pull right through the plastic. Get at least 1-1.25” fender washers.
Now you tell me…I tried not to over tighten just for that reason. But, bigger washers would have been a bit better.

Ok so great point. On the real, I have re-tightened all hose clamps numerous times (after putting them gorilla tight).

If memory serves, there are 2 on the throttle body (very important obviously), 1 holding the filter in (from outside the box), and 2 for the breather tube. I've had 1 on the throttle body loosen up several times. Just make it part of your catch can emptying regimen or oil change regimen. I put a little paint marker on the hose clamp tail (not sure if that's an actual term lol) so i know when it's moved without having to break out the ratchet. If the red paint mark's moved, I know it hasn't tightened itself so it's time to grab the 8mm lol

Ok so great point. On the real, I have re-tightened all hose clamps numerous times (after putting them gorilla tight).

If memory serves, there are 2 on the throttle body (very important obviously), 1 holding the filter in (from outside the box), and 2 for the breather tube. I've had 1 on the throttle body loosen up several times. Just make it part of your catch can emptying regimen or oil change regimen. I put a little paint marker on the hose clamp tail (not sure if that's an actual term lol) so i know when it's moved without having to break out the ratchet. If the red paint mark's moved, I know it hasn't tightened itself so it's time to grab the 8mm lol
You bring up an interesting point. How often do we need to empty the catch can? I bought my truck used with a catch can, and that thing was overflowing full when I emptied it just after purchase. I went to empty it 500 miles later, and it was almost empty. I can only imagine when it was last emptied before I bought it.

You bring up an interesting point. How often do we need to empty the catch can? I bought my truck used with a catch can, and that thing was overflowing full when I emptied it just after purchase. I went to empty it 500 miles later, and it was almost empty. I can only imagine when it was last emptied before I bought it.
100% depends on ur rig. If it's built with pretty tight tolerances, then maybe every month or 2 depending on mileage (just to be safe). I've owned like 11 Grand Cherokees (v6 and v8) and they fill up their cans like no one's business. Every 2 weeks I have to empty my wife's and that's only a few hundred miles - its insane. I empty mine at the same time and it's usually only about a teaspoon-tablespoon in there. Sounds like the previous owner prolly never emptied it. Hopefully nothing went backwards in the system during that time.

Worst thing you can do is drive around with a catch can full of witch's brew sloshing around

100% depends on ur rig. If it's built with pretty tight tolerances, then maybe every month or 2 depending on mileage (just to be safe). I've owned like 11 Grand Cherokees (v6 and v8) and they fill up their cans like no one's business. Every 2 weeks I have to empty my wife's and that's only a few hundred miles - its insane. I empty mine at the same time and it's usually only about a teaspoon-tablespoon in there. Sounds like the previous owner prolly never emptied it. Hopefully nothing went backwards in the system during that time.

Worst thing you can do is drive around with a catch can full of witch's brew sloshing around
Yeah, I do wonder what happened to the gunk that overflowed.

I’ve emptied my catch can at each oil change and it’s never been too full. About halfway last time. YMMV

I like to keep it every 4 months but sometimes I go over.
Ok, thank you. I’m really trying to figure out the catch can. This is the first vehicle I’ve had that has a catch can. I was really surprised by how much was in the catch can when I changed it after purchase.

Will dealers or oil change places empty the catch can during an oil change?

Ok, thank you. I’m really trying to figure out the catch can. This is the first vehicle I’ve had that has a catch can. I was really surprised by how much was in the catch can when I changed it after purchase.

Doubtful. It seems like most dealerships don't even drain the oil cooler.

Doubtful. It seems like most dealerships don't even drain the oil cooler.
I'm not sure I'd want them changing oil in the oil cooler, way to easy to crack.
I do mine myself and added fumoto valves

0 chance of them touching it even if it was overflowing out the threads lol.

Well guys, it's been over a year of trying to figure this air intake out. I continually get a CEL when the hose clamp (connecting tube to filter) loosens even just a bit. I've worked with S&B and they have been very accommodating by sending me out a new filter and new tube over the last year, but nothing has been a permanent fix and the CEL always returns no matter how tight I crank the hose clamp (of which I've also tried 3+ types/brands). Thus, I am going back to the OEM air intake.

However, there is one problem, I'm having a hard time trying to find the air breather/vent hose (video for specific part) that we cut when installing the S&B. The part number is 53011327AC but no results show up online nor for the entire tube assembly (6835222AD). Does anyone have any ideas on a custom hose that can be heat shrunk back onto the threads like the OEM tube? Thanks in advance.

Well guys, it's been over a year of trying to figure this air intake out. I continually get a CEL when the hose clamp (connecting tube to filter) loosens even just a bit. I've worked with S&B and they have been very accommodating by sending me out a new filter and new tube over the last year, but nothing has been a permanent fix and the CEL always returns no matter how tight I crank the hose clamp (of which I've also tried 3+ types/brands). Thus, I am going back to the OEM air intake.

However, there is one problem, I'm having a hard time trying to find the air breather/vent hose (video for specific part) that we cut when installing the S&B. The part number is 53011327AC but no results show up online nor for the entire tube assembly (6835222AD). Does anyone have any ideas on a custom hose that can be heat shrunk back onto the threads like the OEM tube? Thanks in advance.
They don’t sell the hose separately. It comes as an assembly with the intake tube and MUA solenoid already attached.

Not sure if there are any aftermarket alternatives. I’d probably just run the hose that came with the S&B.

Back