No more Ramboxes..Looking for storage ideas

Slim

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram Limited Pearl White
When my TRX arrives and I give up my 2019 RAM I am going to lose my Rambox storage space which I really love in many ways......I think I can transfer some items to the underneath bins in front of the rear seats but I need room for some more items.

With the Rambox I also had the bed divider which I could adjust to keep things from sliding forward or even reverse the divider to keep items from sliding out of the back of the truck.

What are you doing for storage space on the TRX in the cab or in the bed or any combo tonneau/tool box cover etc?

I'm all ears for some ideas

I took some Plano sportsman boxes and attached 32lb magnets to each corner. Now it will sit in the bed and not move around, but if I need to tetris the bed, to fit something it is super easy to move. Got the idea from my magnetic fishing rod holder that attaches to to hood and roof of my current truck. I can drive 70mph and they hold tight. I have swing cases in my truck now and they are great, but will cover the lighting in the new truck.

Has anyone tried these boxes from SwingCase? Looked at them before but never pulled the trigger.

Yeah I looked Into them, think I’m going to get two. There is one member who did the install on his Trx. Can’t remember who though.

Yeah, a real bummer about the Ram Boxes however, the multifunction tailgate should work on the TRX which I like.

Has anyone tried these boxes from SwingCase? Looked at them before but never pulled the trigger.

I’ve had them in my last few pickups. They are handy and lift out easily if need be.
I did destroy one by hauling cattle mineral tubs that slid around. The tubs are 200 lbs. and I had three of them in the bed.

I’ve had them in my last few pickups. They are handy and lift out easily if need be.
I did destroy one by hauling cattle mineral tubs that slid around. The tubs are 200 lbs. and I had three of them in the bed.
That is good to know. Thanks

Ref my post above, as long as you don't care that they cover the bed lighting from Ram, they are good.

I have the same issue. My last 3 trucks all had Ramboxes it’s going to be tough not having them. have you seen the factory cargo divider that goes in the bed rails? I have that on order.
There is also a larger under the back seat storage tray I found. I’m not 100% sold on that though as it appears to take up a lot of room. I also have a thought for a sliding box that will go above the wheel wells and mount in those bed tracks but I really need the truck first to work on the design.

Attachments

• A50F1871-0C10-4A31-8A7E-842BF2D22A54.png
    A50F1871-0C10-4A31-8A7E-842BF2D22A54.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • 121F3110-AFC7-4569-8B1A-FBABE3F60020.png
    121F3110-AFC7-4569-8B1A-FBABE3F60020.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 247
I wish I could find something similar to this but with a better design that sits flush with the top of the bed, goes out about two feet, and goes all the way to the floor of the bed. It would hold most of what I need without putting all the weight all the way at the back.

bak-industries-crossover-truck-tool-boxes-92303-64_1000.jpg

I'm bummed about the ramboxes too. I'm like, with all that extra fender, we should have bigger ramboxes. I never had them until we got our power wagon and they are my favorite feature. I'll just be stuffing more shit under the tonneau on trips and the backseat for groceries. They have an overhead shelf for the rear seat of gladiators. I would like something like that for extra storage on trips.

I have the same issue. My last 3 trucks all had Ramboxes it’s going to be tough not having them. have you seen the factory cargo divider that goes in the bed rails? I have that on order.
There is also a larger under the back seat storage tray I found. I’m not 100% sold on that though as it appears to take up a lot of room. I also have a thought for a sliding box that will go above the wheel wells and mount in those bed tracks but I really need the truck first to work on the design.
These both look pretty good!! Is that a Mopar bed divider?

On the sliding box, is that something that can be bought somewhere or you would be making it yourself? Sure sounds interesting. Thanks

UPDATE.....I just checked the under seat storage container on RealTrucks.com and I LIKE it. Love that it has a locking mechanism as well. That might do the trick for me. Thanks for the suggestion :cool:

Last edited:
Back