No more Ramboxes..Looking for storage ideas

I also gave up the RAM Boxes on my 2020 1500 Limited, also has them on my 2019 2500 Limited. I just got a large water proof storage box and secured it to the cargo management rails...

I have read the different suggested options but none really replace the utility of the rambox. I'm curious, wouldn't one be able to adapt a regular rambox bed to a trx (I understand there is a width diff)? I would gladly pay for the work and the part... where would one go to get that job done ? thx

I have read the different suggested options but none really replace the utility of the rambox. I'm curious, wouldn't one be able to adapt a regular rambox bed to a trx (I understand there is a width diff)? I would gladly pay for the work and the part... where would one go to get that job done ? thx
One company was one here months ago talking about it and I feel like it was gonna cost like 5-10k per truck to do it and he would need something like 10-20 trucks to sign up to make it worth it, if I remember correctly.

I think the issue was the longer suspension travel and wider/larger wheels- the wheel wells need to be big enough that there not enough space to put in a Rambox. That was what I read a while ago on the FB page.

Yes bed divider is a Mopar item. Cargo Bed Divider #82215481
That should achieve what we used to have with the RamBox divider. There are others that make similar items but I like the Mopar item the best.
For boxes in the bed I have not found anything that can be purchased that I like. They make those swing out boxes but I am not going to drill the bed so that’s out. I have a thought for a box design that will ride on the same rails as the divider but I really need the truck first to work on that design. I will let you know what I come up with.
Can you let us know when you install the divider. I was hoping it used the existing rails, but looks like you have to install ANOTHER set of rails on top of the existing rails. Wondering if this will at all interfere with a BakFlip MX4 top.

Can you let us know when you install the divider. I was hoping it used the existing rails, but looks like you have to install ANOTHER set of rails on top of the existing rails. Wondering if this will at all interfere with a BakFlip MX4 top.
Mopar doesnt make one that works with existing factory side rails in the bed? really?

Mopar doesnt make one that works with existing factory side rails in the bed? really?
If they do I cannot find it. Even the "Mopar" branded one is really just a rebranded Roll-n-Lock, that's why it doesn't work with the factory rails. I was shocked, just assumed there would be one that worked with the factory rails.

I purchased the divider today and it is installed on the factory rails and integrates with them. You still have access to the factory rails and the adjustable tie down points.

This with a weather proof storage box will suffice for me and give me a place to store a few misc items. It’s easily removed for full access to the bed.

I purchased the divider today and it is installed on the factory rails and integrates with them. You still have access to the factory rails and the adjustable tie down points.

This with a weather proof storage box will suffice for me and give me a place to store a few misc items. It’s easily removed for full access to the bed.
Could you post a picture to show how the divider rails mount to the factory rails. Does it look like they would interfere with a flush cover?

Yes bed divider is a Mopar item. Cargo Bed Divider #82215481
That should achieve what we used to have with the RamBox divider. There are others that make similar items but I like the Mopar item the best.
For boxes in the bed I have not found anything that can be purchased that I like. They make those swing out boxes but I am not going to drill the bed so that’s out. I have a thought for a box design that will ride on the same rails as the divider but I really need the truck first to work on that design. I will let you know what I come up with.
It looks like this comes with the full hardware kit, I just need the dividers. Is there a part number for just the dividers? Or do I have to buy the whole kit and kaboodle?

It looks like this comes with the full hardware kit, I just need the dividers. Is there a part number for just the dividers? Or do I have to buy the whole kit and kaboodle?
It will not work without the included rails as they attache to the utility rails included with the cargo management system...

It will not work without the included rails as they attache to the utility rails included with the cargo management system...
Does anyone know if these divider rails will interfere with a Bakflip MX4 Cover?

I think the issue was the longer suspension travel and wider/larger wheels- the wheel wells need to be big enough that there not enough space to put in a Rambox. That was what I read a while ago on the FB page.
I think issue is that the expected sales numbers for the wider (TRX)bed didn't justify 2 different beds, as the Rambox bed is very different in the sheetmetal, the plastic box lid would have to be different(wider) as well, so even more different parts. May come later if high volumes are sold, but I kinda doubt it.
...all about the $$$

I’m probably getting this. I want a roll up bed cover but still need some storage.

71E649E1-0165-4A59-BC2A-8F63B7B42C92.jpeg

The factory Tri-Fold Cover fits with the divider...

The factory Tri-Fold Cover fits with the divider...
I have been looking for a picture like this. Thanks!

Does the divider come together with the rails or are they separate parts? It looks like the divider rails block the tie down hooks on the factory BUG system?

Side note....How do you like the factory tonneau cover? AND if you like it do you know the part number? Otherwise I'm leaning towards the Backflip or Retrax

Back