Rickkyyr8

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
1968 Dodge D100
Has anybody bought this and done this to their TRX? Been wanting to do a leveling kit for awhile but haven’t really seen too many. Feedback would be appreciated

Foutz is no joke, they make great components. (I forget how but iirc they are somehow associated with ADD)

I would contact them and ask them the size of the spacers and if they have any plans to make adjustable ones.

Also i see that they released their skid plate kit for the TRX. That's a great upgrade if you plan to aggressively off road. I had one on my Raptor and it saved me from a lot of headaches.

nah, makes it look like a TRx. And why would they choose this picture? Maybe they can sell a few and hire a photographer…

42A532B6-12E9-4392-AB15-3F746B3BFCC4.jpeg

So... this is just my uneducated opinion, and I really feel like an old man here but...

These look like they are effectively adding preload to the springs. That means less down travel for off-roading and potentially less up travel if the spring runs out of compressible space. None of those are great, but you should be fine overall as most aftermarket coil-over suspensions have adjustable pre-load.

The next issue is that they claim that this does not "alter suspension geometry". I agree that these collars will not allow for travel outside of the factory limits. However, you will have drastically changed the angle of the arms and the static position of the ball joints. Any company that wants to be even kinda serious about off-roading always adds a uniball upper control arm to any IFS lift.

Finally, there is no way to inform the computer of the change and allow it adjust accordingly. This may not seem like a big issue, but it could have unforeseen consequences. I know that on my current truck that came with Magneride, the sensors needed to have extend arms or you would get a very harsh ride. This was on a truck made for the street with the goal of comfort. The system on the TRX is much more sophisticated and tied into many other systems. For example: the extended suspension could cause the "jump detection" to be always or overly active. This could result in the transmission allowing slip to protect itself but instead its just always driving around in a slip condition causing accelerated wear. There are many interconnected systems on this truck. Adverse affects on the traction control system is another one. I worry that these may cause issues that do not show themselves until its too late.

Basically, these collars seem like the equivalent of a high school kid cutting the springs on their civic only with a much more expensive and complex vehicle.

/rant

I am very willing to be educated otherwise, but this is my first impressions. I know that some of us are very anxious to see the aftermarket start to make meaningful suspension upgrades to these trucks. We need to be patient and wait for some fully baked solutions.

Personally I think leveling these is a bad idea they squat bad the way it is if you level it and put anything in the bed you’ll look like one those idiots with the Carolina squat trucks with the ass dragging and the nose shooting up to space

Personally I think leveling these is a bad idea they squat bad the way it is if you level it and put anything in the bed you’ll look like one those idiots with the Carolina squat trucks with the ass dragging and the nose shooting up to space
Totally agree

Foutz is no joke, they make great components. (I forget how but iirc they are somehow associated with ADD)

I would contact them and ask them the size of the spacers and if they have any plans to make adjustable ones.

Also i see that they released their skid plate kit for the TRX. That's a great upgrade if you plan to aggressively off road. I had one on my Raptor and it saved me from a lot of headaches.
Has anybody bought this and done this to their TRX? Been wanting to do a leveling kit for awhile but haven’t really seen too many. Feedback would be appreciated
I’ll be doing this soon but with the rear bump stop kit that also brings the rear up about an inch. There is a large thread on this where they lay out all of the R&D that went into this with a few of their TRX customers. I believe originally the front set too high with the standard 2 inch so they brought it down to 1.75 I believe for a nice leveled look.

Im opting to go this route for a few reasons, I want to give a smidge more clearance for 37s and get a bit more ride height. I’m no off-road pro or anything, I did make the trip to Moab and have done a few small jumps here and there but I’ll report back on my experience after I get my ADD bumper, leveling kit and rear bump stops complete and have a chance to take it out.

@DanZman You put a lot of thought into this and make some good points but I feel that you are making a lot of generalized assumptions based on data you don’t simply have. Don’t take me wrong, your arguments seem based on sound logic but I just caution wondering into technical specifications that you can’t really reference. I think a simple, “Hey these trucks are pretty sophisticated in design and unless you want to be a guinea pig, hang back and watch the show”, would have sufficed. /rant over

Back