Koons buying/ delivery experience... a live thread of the experience

I picked up my truck from Koons today. It went smoothly. Adam was my guy. He took his time, gave me an overview of the controls(my first ram) and answered any questions. He did a good job! I wrote a personal check, so finance was a breeze. I’d buy from them again. There are a few scratches on the fender flares. Not ideal, but I can live with it.

I picked up my truck from Koons today. It went smoothly. Adam was my guy. He took his time, gave me an overview of the controls(my first ram) and answered any questions. He did a good job! I wrote a personal check, so finance was a breeze. I’d buy from them again. There are a few scratches on the fender flares. Not ideal, but I can live with it.
Congrats on the truck!

Sucks to hear about the fenders...I'm having them replace mine because I think it's BS. IMO they should identify any issues prior to delivery for the customer's sake so it's either transparent to the buyer, or it can be resolved prior to delivery.

Congrats on the truck!

Sucks to hear about the fenders...I'm having them replace mine because I think it's BS. IMO they should identify any issues prior to delivery for the customer's sake so it's either transparent to the buyer, or it can be resolved prior to delivery.
Thanks! Yes, it is bs, and they should take care of it. Good for you, making them fix it. I’m too lazy to deal with it.😛

Thanks! Yes, it is bs, and they should take care of it. Good for you, making them fix it. I’m too lazy to deal with it.😛

They need to look at their delivery and unloading process. If those fenders are wrapped, someone is scratching them at the dealership.

Great News the, "TRX HAS ARRIVED"!
It's exciting and then you start to think about what will I have to deal with, hoping it's all good.
The reason I say it like that, I'm coming from owning three Raptors every one of them, 2017, 2019, 2022 had major problems and the 2019 was bought back by Ford corporate. I use these trucks for work so it needs to be reliable.
So I happily made my purchase with Koons, great price!
The excitement and nervousness sets in.
I call up Craig, hoping he can talk with me.
She puts me through and he answers!
We talk, I can tell he is a little hesitant, he doesn't know me and I don't know him. He allows me the time to explain my situation, what a relief.
He said it would be cool for me to speak with Victor (service manager).
I had a great conversation with Victor. Since my family has been into racing my who life, we hit it right off.
Victor understands that vehicles can come
from the factory with missing parts or might be damaged and he will make it right.
Victor and Craig knew about the Ram Trx Issues List.
Victor is willing to allow one of his technicians to go through the list with me. I am so relieved.
I know and they know this is good business.
Thank you Craig and Victor for your time and I can't wait to pick up my truck.
Thanks

Last edited:
Picked mine up yesterday from Koons. Everything went well. One of the fenders was scuffed so they swapped it out. Took an extra 2 hours but glad they took care of it. Drove 13 hours home to Florida and i’m exhausted.
C19229BB-23A8-43CF-851B-F1DADFC34C8F.jpeg

Yes i was surprised also. Had been in toledo since january 13th
The shipping process is like playing professional darts with cooked noodles. I had a 392 Jeep get LOST and ended up at the shipper's location in Illinois because the FOBs were misplaced and no one wanted to report it or deal with it. I'm like how the heck did it go to Illinois anyways? After TWO months they were able to send two new FOBs and have it delivered. I looked that jeep over head to toe like a crime scene thinking I would end with a salvage titled jeep that was dropped off the top of the carrier :) All turned out great and this jeep has been the most flawless one I've owned. Sucks to wonder and wait but it will all work out.

Picked up the truck yesterday. Uneventful but they really need to hire some additional personnel. Everyone was really nice, no issues there but it's like walking into managed chaos and you feel like intruding more than really being a customer. Hard to explain. Buying my Corvette was like a genuine engagement from soup to nuts and after. This was like speed dating.

I order all new fender flares in advance after hearing about all the scratches and not wanting to have to wait or return - not one single scuff or scratch on them :) Overall the paint is good but there are some surface contact scratches that I can handle myself and one tiny chip on the driver door at the very bottom. I'll touch it up as I'm not breaking factory paint. It's tiny and I only saw it after taking some detail spray to wipe down the truck when I got home. So far that's really I'll I've found except the rear bed step hits the exhaust pipe on that side when it returns to the stored position. The hud trim was seated properly but it was a quick press down on the corner and it seated. These are really no big deal to me. Dents, dings, and scratches that cut the top coat...that's a problem.

KOONS and every other dealership, please stop putting that crazy tire shine on. Invest in a no-sling version. I had to clean every panel on the truck to remove that crap because it just slings all over the place. I even asked to not have it applied but you can guess that's like putting the genie back in the bottle.

Sport mirrors were the best change I made on this build. I absolutely love them compared to the tow mirrors.

The digital dash is underwhelming. Not much in the way of customizing but I hope that will change.

Carbon fiber is a nice change. I'm glad I got it.

My only reason to upgrade to a 23 was I was missing black and it's stunning.

Picked up the truck yesterday. Uneventful but they really need to hire some additional personnel. Everyone was really nice, no issues there but it's like walking into managed chaos and you feel like intruding more than really being a customer. Hard to explain. Buying my Corvette was like a genuine engagement from soup to nuts and after. This was like speed dating.

I order all new fender flares in advance after hearing about all the scratches and not wanting to have to wait or return - not one single scuff or scratch on them :) Overall the paint is good but there are some surface contact scratches that I can handle myself and one tiny chip on the driver door at the very bottom. I'll touch it up as I'm not breaking factory paint. It's tiny and I only saw it after taking some detail spray to wipe down the truck when I got home. So far that's really I'll I've found except the rear bed step hits the exhaust pipe on that side when it returns to the stored position. The hud trim was seated properly but it was a quick press down on the corner and it seated. These are really no big deal to me. Dents, dings, and scratches that cut the top coat...that's a problem.

KOONS and every other dealership, please stop putting that crazy tire shine on. Invest in a no-sling version. I had to clean every panel on the truck to remove that crap because it just slings all over the place. I even asked to not have it applied but you can guess that's like putting the genie back in the bottle.

Sport mirrors were the best change I made on this build. I absolutely love them compared to the tow mirrors.

The digital dash is underwhelming. Not much in the way of customizing but I hope that will change.

Congrats on the truck. I agree black looks amazing...so much so I bought another one after swearing it off years ago...

The tire shine! It got everywhere! I spent about 20 minutes pressure washing the wheels. So much white silicone crap came off that my driveway now has spots that bead water.

Good to hear. I go in on monday at 3pm to get my trx! I asked them to not detail the outside at all so we will see what happens. But sounds like for the most part was a decent transaction👍. Will do a writeup myself after monday

The tire shine! It got everywhere! I spent about 20 minutes pressure washing the wheels. So much white silicone crap came off that my driveway now has spots that bead water.

LOL, I just double down. Long story short. I sold my 22 TRX to another dealership and they agreed to retain my Fuel rims/tires and swap them out when my new truck arrived. I go to do the swap yesterday and they've just coated my tires in the same stuff. I was in a hurry to get back home so it just slung the same dealer shine glossy tire snot all over my truck. I just went ahead and washed the truck :) The guys that put that stuff on vehicles must be 100% waterproof head to toe, every article of clothing, the interior of their vehicle, home, dogs, etc., it just gets everywhere.

So ordered 8/28 built 12/24 delivered 2/11. Koons emails the the generic email i email everything back and make a appt for yesterday 2/13 at 3pm. I show up early with my trade in clean and carmax offer in hand just incase. I find craig he is very welcoming in which i let him know i am early but just wanted to start inspecting the truck. then introduces me to one of the other team members Brian who gives me the key to the truck and basically gives me as much time as i needed to check the truck over. I asked them to not touch the truck as in do not wash the outside or inside in which i was very happy to see they did not as i arrived. Once they looked my trade in over told me my value (was 500 more then carmax) i agreed and somehow the truck was in great shape had 1 scratch i asked for some touch up paint in which they ordered for me no questions asked. Fender flares were not scratched everything went very smooth i made sure the fuses were seated before i left to hit the road. All in all i was 2 hrs with truck inspection and finance in which i brought my own check because they were not going to meet my rate from my cu. I now have 220 miles washed and cleaned it today and can i say WOW this truck is amazing. KOONS went very smoothly and no issues. I already put on my rokblokz flaps because i got 1 rock chip on the way home lol

Attachments

• 20230214_155731.jpg
    20230214_155731.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 36
Back