Koons buying/ delivery experience... a live thread of the experience

dspinner

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Land Cruiser
Mines sitting in Jessup as well. Lets hope we all have a good week lol. Are you guys financing there or through a CU?
I couldn't get an interest rate below 6.5% there or at a local CU so I brought a certified check for the whole thing. I would rather have the loan at a good rate though.

timinnd

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
For trade they were offering me 5k less than what local dealerships were offering.

Well, dealerships look at the the total "deal".

Your local dealer could could offer 5k more on trade because I'm assuming they were selling for more than 5k over Koons or wherever you bought?

From what some local dealers tell me, the "Big 5" on here (that sell around 10k under msrp) are cutting close to the bone. So I guess it's understandable they are not going to be tops in trade. But yes, 5k is a lot. But so is selling for 10k less.

DIN0ZR

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Military
USMC

Your local dealer could could offer 5k more on trade because I'm assuming they were selling for more than 5k over Koons or wherever you bought?

From what some local dealers tell me, the "Big 5" on here (that sell around 10k under msrp) are cutting close to the bone. So I guess it's understandable they are not going to be tops in trade. But yes, 5k is a lot. But so is selling for 10k less.
It's my understanding the volume dealerships make very little on each individual sale. Apparently Stellantis has volume incentives that when you hit certain numbers of total sales then you get big payments. So I'm told they make their money by hitting those sales numbers and getting those incentive payments. I have no first hand info though.

@JC

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - Granite Crystal Metallic
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep 392 - Granite Crystal Metallic

Like I've said before, Granger offered me the best trade in value by far on the 20 PowerWagon I traded in on my 392 and they didn't list it for a whole lot more than they gave me for it in trade so I don't think that theory is correct at least with regards to Granger, maybe Koons is padding their profit on the back end, maybe not.

Claasicdrive

TRX Maniac
Gallery
Reaction score
Like I've said before, Granger offered me the best trade in value by far on the 20 PowerWagon I traded in on my 392 and they didn't list it for a whole lot more than they gave me for it in trade so I don't think that theory is correct at least with regards to Granger, maybe Koons is padding their profit on the back end, maybe not.
you traded at the peak of the used car market valuation. Hence the reason i asked if you had a trade for the TRX. Was wondering what they offer now

@JC

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX - Granite Crystal Metallic
Current Ride #2
2022 Jeep 392 - Granite Crystal Metallic
you traded at the peak of the used car market valuation. Hence the reason i asked if you had a trade for the TRX. Was wondering what they offer now
Yeah I know and very glad I did even though I was without a truck (didn't think it would be for 6 months though :oops:)

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com airRyd auto shipping