I had IGLA for 5 Days. What you should know before installing.

meant to say tried to get local shop interested in IGLA installing but they didn't bite.
Fair enough, I’ve got no skin in the game, just wanted to share what went into my decision. It helped that there was an installer on my way home from picking up my truck! Had it not been for that, I wouldn’t have an IGLA. Important thing is your protecting you ride somehow!

I have the IGLA and thinking of also adding the Compustar T13. Anyone have this combo, feedback?
I haven’t messed with the t13 or similar units from Compustar except the drone x1 max lte tracking with battery backup, tilt, tow, shock and glass break sensors. The t13 has the drone included in the package except it has a bit more features like the app remote start, lock ect. I will be looking into adding a few more of the Compustar systems to the arsenal soon. Maybe S&A security will see this and chime in on the t13. I’m pretty sure he does them

yes - forgot to mention the key erasing and adding block - alas i will end up with mainly ravelco - i have to drive 2 1/2 hours for a IGLA install and the ravelco guy comes to my house - tried to get a local shop interested in ravelco but no dice.
Where are you located and whats the name of the shop? You can private message if you don’t want to post it.

i've got ravelco and compustar on my truck - good combo.
I think this is the combo that I am going to go with when I receive my truck. I have spent a couple of months reading lots of post on this security system. I am sure IGLA is a great system, maybe the best for this truck. But when I researched it further on their website and saw where it was developed and manufactured, I am having a hard time investing in something that directly supports anything Russian at this time. [not trying to make this political, just my opinion]

IGLA is a fantastic alarm system that is very secure. It also fundamentally alters the way you start your truck. You should know the trade-offs before deciding to opt for it.

I had IGLA installed for 4 days before I decided I didn't really like it. Here's the problem: I make lots of small trips to different sites in my truck. It's my DD. I probably start it, on average, 6 times a day. Sometimes up to 10. That's just life and I enjoy the hell out of driving the TRX. When I start my truck I jump in, press the red button, buckle my seatbelt, and go. IGLA kills that ability. Now it's not that big a hassle either. It's about a 10 second commitment at every startup. But imagine running through your day at full speed and then someone puts the brakes on for an all stop for 10 seconds. It's not life-changing, but it's annoying. And it's due to something you decided to install.

So when you start your truck with IGLA you first have to wait for the gauges to "sweep" before you enter your PIN. Then enter your PIN. Then you you get the double hazard light blink that it was accepted, and now you're ready to go. Again, approximately 10 seconds in my seat of the pants estimation. Here's the kicker: if you don't wait long enough for the gauges to fully sweep, and you enter your PIN too early, then the truck will start, but it will throw an error on the dash. Mine would say "service active damping system. offroad maneuvers limited." I don't like this at all. I don't like electronic error messages from my truck. That means I need to fix something. But these were self-imposed from an alarm system I decided to install, which felt terrible. So I decided to use the fob that comes with IGLA. It is supposed to completely bypass the security system when it's inside the truck. When using remote start, this was great. I remote start from 30 seconds out, jump in the truck, and by the time I've buckled up and put it in drive, the fob and IGLA had done their thing. This seemed perfect! It was also my solution for taking the TRX in for service. I don't know about you guys, but I am not confident in RAM service centers to be able to use a PIN to start my truck, even after I explain it and train the service manager. It just isn't going to get disseminated to the workers and getting my truck serviced will be difficult. So I was hot on using the fobs, even though they reduce the security posture...until the fobs stopped working on day 3. Both of them. With new batteries installed in them.

So if the fobs aren't 100% reliable then I can't trust them at all. So the fobs are out for me. You can setup your smart phone to authenticate. That sounded promising. But I'm still out of luck regarding taking it in for service.

Also, my wife needs to be able to drive the truck from time to time. I trained her on the PIN entry. But driving it once every 6 weeks, how feasible is it for her to remember the timing required, wait for the gauges to sweep, and not get error messages? And are the error messages real errors where something isn't working correctly? Or are they just electronic errors from the mis-timed communication? I don't know. And I don't want to have to figure it out.

So I had IGLA removed. When I did my part it worked perfectly. And I am sure it is very secure. I just do not want that level of security at the expense of daily convenience. That's my personal risk/convenience posture, and I'm OK with it. I did not realize any of this before opting for IGLA. So I wanted everyone here to be in the know. You may think the IGLA intrusion is tiny, and doesn't bother you at all, and you wouldn't drive your TRX without it. To you I say, rock on, brother. I'm glad it works for you and gives you the peace of mind you want. For me, I just didn't enjoy it. And I have this truck so I can enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I know the prevailing attitude here on this forum. If you want to think me an idiot for not liking IGLA and wishing to accept the risk of theft rather than experience the mild inconvenience of IGLA, I'm fine with that. I'm 40-something years old. I know myself, and I know I am happier using my truck without it. If my truck is stolen then I have a generous insurance policy on it. And I won't be able to immediately get into another TRX. I'll have to drive something normal for a few months. I'm OK with all of that. So I'm eyes wide open here. My truck is vulnerable to theft. I get it. I'm making the fully informed decision that I would rather use the truck quickly without intervention at every startup and risk theft rather than be inconvenienced every startup.
My IGLA has prevented my TRX from being stolen on 2 separate occasions. There were 6 vehicles stolen in my neighbourhood in the last 2 months, 4 Jeeps and 2 Ram 1500. I start my TRX by pressing the start button, enter the pin code. Error message "service active...." disappears in 4 sec. In total it takes 4 sec to start my TRX. I love my IGLA!

There's an app that turns your phone into a "fob". So as long as your phone is on you you can start like normal. 1 click of the in app button and it's off. 1 click on. 1 click off.
Screenshot_20221223_133046_Author ID.jpg

I haven’t messed with the t13 or similar units from Compustar except the drone x1 max lte tracking with battery backup, tilt, tow, shock and glass break sensors. The t13 has the drone included in the package except it has a bit more features like the app remote start, lock ect. I will be looking into adding a few more of the Compustar systems to the arsenal soon. Maybe S&A security will see this and chime in on the t13. I’m pretty sure he does them
My compustar is a Q9 - I think the T13 is more recent and better - it has the drone tracker included at 20.00 a month - i suppose thief might disable it upon entry before loading on the truck.

There's an app that turns your phone into a "fob". So as long as your phone is on you you can start like normal. 1 click of the in app button and it's off. 1 click on. 1 click off. View attachment 83278
Apparently the fob can have a large enough range to allow theft when you are in the vicinity of the vehicle. Does the phone app have a similar problem - assuming of course that you don’t leave the phone in the vehicle?

There's an app that turns your phone into a "fob". So as long as your phone is on you you can start like normal. 1 click of the in app button and it's off. 1 click on. 1 click off. View attachment 83278
Also my installer didn’t give me the manual - can i figure out how to get the app set up without it? Is the PIN mentioned on the card with the backup code should you forget yours?

Apparently the fob can have a large enough range to allow theft when you are in the vicinity of the vehicle. Does the phone app have a similar problem - assuming of course that you don’t leave the phone in the vehicle?
It can be set for range within the IGLA software. I think my dealer set it to the absolute minimum. I tired to start mine with my phone on the side step and it would not start

Also my installer didn’t give me the manual - can i figure out how to get the app set up without it? Is the PIN mentioned on the card with the backup code should you forget yours?
I'll have to look at mine. I did not get a manual either just a card and the box. I'll go look at mine and see. But I do know there was some literature online when I was researching IGLA prior to locating an installer.

It can be set for range within the IGLA software. I think my dealer set it to the absolute minimum. I tired to start mine with my phone on the side step and it would not start
Well my installer discouraged my use of the phone app - so if there is any range setting i would have to figure out how to do it myself.

Well my installer discouraged my use of the phone app - so if there is any range setting i would have to figure out how to do it myself.
He said the same to me lol. I don't use it too often to be honest.. I remote start mostly anyway. I'll go look and see if I have something

My compustar is a Q9 - I think the T13 is more recent and better - it has the drone tracker included at 20.00 a month - i suppose thief might disable it upon entry before loading on the truck.
The drone only need’s a premium subscription at $7.99 a month with a 3 year subscription. You have the premium plus which doesn’t do that much more and to me isn’t needed. I install drones and have one in my Jeep. Its a very nice system.

We do not give the manuals to the customer. We used to until they all started messing with settings and then needing it to be fixed back to the settings for that vehicle only after calling shop after shop, even the manufacturer complaining that it was somehow the igla at fault. The phone app is discouraged and almost all won’t even mention it or set it up. It isn’t hard to do it yourself if you locate the manual and have the card with the bluetooth pairing code. As for the range settings, thats a different story, you need a totally separate phone/tablet with the downloaded software and then set the igla to learn mode to do it.

He said the same to me lol. I don't use it too often to be honest.. I remote start mostly anyway. I'll go look and see if I have something
Well I stand corrected on the information about setting distance. This is from the IGLA info I found online. However mine *did not* start when I tested it. Which was about 10 feet away on a chair in front of the truck and again outside on the running board. Also I recall him saying he reduced the range...? So either that's true or its was bad bluetooth signal when I tested it twice.
Screenshot_20221223_182828_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Well I stand corrected on the information about setting distance. This is from the IGLA info I found online. However mine *did not* start when I tested it. Which was about 10 feet away and outside on the running board. Also I recall him saying he reduced the range...? So either that's true or its was bad bluetooth signal when I tested it twice. View attachment 83338
I think the range for the phone coincides with the range settings for the fobs. The settings are changed in the igla itself and not the fobs. The radio signal is changed so the pickup area for the igla is shortened or lengthened by the igla itself

The drone only need’s a premium subscription at $7.99 a month with a 3 year subscription. You have the premium plus which doesn’t do that much more and to me isn’t needed. I install drones and have one in my Jeep. Its a very nice system.
I’ll look to downgrade mine on the site

Well I stand corrected on the information about setting distance. This is from the IGLA info I found online. However mine *did not* start when I tested it. Which was about 10 feet away on a chair in front of the truck and again outside on the running board. Also I recall him saying he reduced the range...? So either that's true or its was bad bluetooth signal when I tested it twice. View attachment 83338
Well I bet your installer changed the range - it is a more trouble than i am willing to go to to do it myself so I’ll stick with the button code - my installer mentioned he once changed the range on the fob but it didn’t turn out correctly so he ditched the idea.

My installer changed the range when setting up my system to as short as possible. I have had IGLA since last march and use my phone to authenticate it. My phone has to be inside my pickup for it to register. I have held it by my drivers side mirror with the windows up and it wouldn't register. I believe there is an android app that allows you to change some of the settings like bluetooth range and service mode "time out" but as stated above it is probably not recommended for the end user to change settings.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back