TRX of the Month 🏆
Video of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX
Current Ride #2
'16 Chevy SS '76 Bronco
I just came across this and thought that some members may find it useful. If I felt that I truly needed a winch, I’d probably got this route.

A2BAADCA-C3A5-4CD3-8670-891D0D57ACE3.jpeg

Great brand! They've been doing these for the Raptor for years and make good quality stuff.

Do you lose any performance on the oil cooler when you have to relocate it with a fan for this installation? wondering if its worth it or if it might lead to higher oil temps. ???

Received kit yesterday with no instructions but their install video and a little common sense is pretty much all you need. Oh yea, and a few extra tips here since i almost destroyed a major part of my factory bumper lol. Here's some pics i took along the way. Total time was about 14 hours including meals, playing with kids, and trying to fix a few mistakes along the way.

I installed a cheapo HF Badland apex 12k winch b/c i had it lying around on a trailer hitch mount. The bolts supplied by Swarfworks were a bit long for attaching the top 2 mounting holes (which run through the fairlead and fairlead shims) so my fairlead is not completely flush but i think that is more of the HF winch being a little different than the standard Warn winch that Swarf recommends with their kit.

Pro (amateur) tips: TIP (1) when cutting the OEM metal bracket, use a cut-off wheel and make sure not to go too deep as there is a cross member there and i ended up hacking about 75% of it on the passenger side accidentally and 20% on the driver's side. Made the mistake of trying to use jigsaw and sawzall on passenger side. TIP (2) be prepared for a small nightmare getting the OEM oil cooler rubberized bracket back in. It has 2 stud/rivets about 1" long. The fit is so tight that you cant get this bracket back in b/c clearance issues. I ended up popping the rivets out and putting 2 flange nuts (the ones with teeth) and added the bolts from the bottom (made things much easier). If you have a 2021, you may be in luck b/c they may not have used rivets (saw an install vid where some older guy had a diff setup there).

Impressions: build quality is pretty much stellar. This thing is built like a bric
k shit house. To that end, get your muscle memory in gear b/c everything is pretty heavy. By the end of this project I was having a hard time holding my arm up with a 1/2" drive ratchet for longer than 15-20 seconds haha!

All in all I'm very pleased esp. being 1 of the guinea pigs to pull the trigger on this kit. I was going to go for the Vice Designs due to amazing customer service but it was a couple hundred more so I pulled the trigger when Swarf got 2 in stock. I did contact Swarfworks a couple times before receiving the kit but never rec'd a response so you may be on your own if you buy this one! Good luck!
IMG_9694.jpg
IMG_9696.jpg
IMG_9697.jpg
IMG_9698.jpg
IMG_9699.jpg

a few more. The last 2 you can see where I inadvertently cut into the cross member quite a bit. Luckily it still had enough rigidity left but time will tell if ultimately have to get another and re-cut. Added some epoxy for good measure for the temporary “fix” in the last pic haha but will likely pull bump off again and have my local muff shop weld the seam back together. For now, JB clear weld FTW
IMG_9700.jpg
IMG_9702.jpg
IMG_9706.jpg
IMG_9707.jpg
IMG_9708.jpg

Last edited:
Love the artificial turf mat, stellar idea and definitely a “why didn’t I think of that” moment I just had lol

Do you lose any performance on the oil cooler when you have to relocate it with a fan for this installation? wondering if its worth it or if it might lead to higher oil temps. ???
I'm in Fla so i'll know fairly soon after a few drives whether i need to run with the fan on when i drive or not. My oil temps were usually around 220-230 give or take before the install so we'll see.

Love the artificial turf mat, stellar idea and definitely a “why didn’t I think of that” moment I just had lol
haha thanks man! Got sick of putting towels/moving blankets down and my neighbor is an installer/distro so i snagged a few. Makes oil/driveline changes a hell of a lot better since it's almost impossible not to splash some oil droplets somewhere (not on the driveway tho!)

Looks great, I've been looking for a way to add a winch without going to a different bumper. Do all the front end sensors still work?

How is the fan triggered?

Looks great, I've been looking for a way to add a winch without going to a different bumper. Do all the front end sensors still work?
They’re in the exact same position as they were from the factory but Supposedly some ppl whenever they disconnect the front harness, the park sensors have a svc error. Im in that boat but ive only driven it once since the install. I’m hoping it resolves itself. If not, ive got an OBD reader otw to clear it myself. If it doesnt go away I’ll update the thread.

Front Parking sensors are back online. All it took was 2 key cycles. Will be towing today in Fla so will see how oil temps look. Right now theyre sitting at 239 with no load which was normal before relocating oil cooler. Turning on the oil cooler fan drop the temperature to 230° in about five minutes time under the same driving conditions so it’s def working when ya need it.

Last edited:
Saw 253 as the highest oil temp while towing a dble axle w/4 seater SxS (total of about 4k lbs).

Great post, thanks!
Just taking delivery of a similar kit from VICE Designs.. We’ll see how that install compares.

Back