Factory hid two wheel drive mode!! (Requires Tazer DT)

Isn’t there a ‘feature’ in the transfer case preventing it from properly lubing and accelerating wear if not driven in 4x?

Ugh. I give up lol glad you guys can get it to work. Mine just turns TC back on and then the button becomes unresponsive and no flashing lights.
Leave it in auto for drive mode. Start it up, leave it in park and hold the traction control off for about 30 seconds. Hope you can get it, it's probably just being a bitch!

I know when they disengaged the front diff on the trackhawks they pretty much blew them up. There were some videos of guys doing burn outs but that didn’t last long when people found out it the damage they were doing.

Not a great video I know but it’s dark as hell and I only have so many hands. Here is the proof it works for those who asked.

Not a great video I know but it’s dark as hell and I only have so many hands. Here is the proof it works for those who asked.
View attachment 24635
You literally just made my day! Thank you so much! I’m like a kid in a candy store!!! My truck is supposed to be here next week and I can’t wait for this party trick 😎

If you don’t mind me asking how did it happen?

I’m Moving and had the inside of the truck loaded with a bunch of stuff, had to slam on the brakes on the highway and one of the items slammed into it. I have a screen protector on it so that’s what’s holding all the glass together. It’s just sitting now until the new one arrives and I can get an appointment to have it installed.

I am going to drive it in 2H for a couple of days and see how much of an impact there really is on MPG. I may wait until my Tazer is in hand so I can do it without all the safety stuff disabled.

Btw, the difference here from the Trackhawk (and yes this is second hand info for me) may be that this Borg Warner 48-13 does have a 2 high mode in it and Ram electronically locked out 2H mode apparently. It is a different transfer case than the Trackhawk. Again may be all wrong, I do not have direct knowledge about the inner workings. The guys at Z Automotive do have the specs and we’re able to confirm how to electronically unlock it so I have seen the details on the 48-13.

I’m Moving and had the inside of the truck loaded with a bunch of stuff, had to slam on the brakes on the highway and one of the items slammed into it. I have a screen protector on it so that’s what’s holding all the glass together. It’s just sitting now until the new one arrives and I can get an appointment to have it installed.

Ugh that’s a real bummer. I can’t imagine what they hit you for that part. Is just the screen changeable or is it the whole unit?

Ugh that’s a real bummer. I can’t imagine what they hit you for that part. Is just the screen changeable or is it the whole unit?

It’s the screen and the buttons that surround it. It was $1100 for the part and gonna be $150 for the install ( it’s a really easy install but it’s a non returnable part and to be cheap to try and save $150 doing it myself isn’t worth something happening and it breaks then I’m out 1100 )

What mpg were you getting up to now? As a comparison/baseline...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back