Factory hid two wheel drive mode!! (Requires Tazer DT)

Elarson6772

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 GMC Yukon Denali
Military
No but thank God for those that have served!
I learned this today from someone else. Two wheel drive mode is there and available without a Tazer and I was able to test it and confirm. If you hold down the traction control button until all the nannies shut off (hold it long enough for all the lights to come on) the truck will switch from 4 high to 2 wheel drive and off you go. I took the attached video so you can see it switch yourself on the vehicle dynamics screen of the performance pages.

First…where’s the video.

Second, I was literally thinking about this yesterday. Wondering if the Nanny button was disabled, would it engage 2WD.

I learned this today from someone else. Two wheel drive mode is there and available without a Tazer and I was able to test it and confirm. If you hold down the traction control button until all the nannies shut off (hold it long enough for all the lights to come on) the truck will switch from 4 high to 2 wheel drive and off you go. I took the attached video so you can see it switch yourself on the vehicle dynamics screen of the performance pages.
Wow! The video is amazing 🙄🤔

Idk I just now held until the lights came on and it stayed in 4H in auto, sport and baja modes. If you hold the button long enough the nannies will shut off and then it all comes back on.

Has anyone confirmed this works ?

If you watch the video, I hold the button until all the “safety” stuff turns off and you can watch the transfer case switch from 4 wheel drive to 2H or 2 high range mode.

note that I do not see any other way to know this happens except to see the change on the vehicle dynamics performance page tab.

We need @Bambi to get his truck back and then do a video to confirm this works!
What kind of video do you want? In the one I posted you can watch the transfer case change to 2H. What else would you want to see?

What kind of video do you want? In the one I posted you can watch the transfer case change to 2H. What else would you want to see?
Was your truck running or was it just on? I tried it but holding it long enough just turned the TC back on after a bit 🤔. I believe you, the video proves it I just can't duplicate it.

Was your truck running or was it just on? I tried it but holding it long enough just turned the TC back on after a bit 🤔. I believe you, the video proves it I just can't duplicate it.
Running and in park.

Something about this has to be fake. There’s no way they hid the feature instead of just having it. Also if it had the capability for 2wd then you would think they would do the MPG ratings in 2wd to make em better.

Back