engine break-in

just a dentist

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'16 JKU, '20 JLU, '21 rover
who's doing an engine break in? rpm limit first 100 miles? 500? 1000? how about oil change after first 1000 miles? thoughts

Why not follow what they say for the TRX?

1609726292718.png

Definitely not romping on it in the first few hundred miles... wondering if I should take the slow roads home from my dealer though? 2 hour interstate ride home at 70-80mph...

Definitely not romping on it in the first few hundred miles... wondering if I should take the slow roads home from my dealer though? 2 hour interstate ride home at 70-80mph...
I got a lil longer to go...
1609731871379.png

I'll be coming from the same dealership to Indianapolis, I ordered Granite too at #191. will be interesting to see which one of us gets ours first in this lovely toss up FCA created.
I'll swing by if I'm first lol. But hopefully we can both get built and pickup around the same time!

I wondering how to prevent the Ram service department from trying out the launch feature before I have a chance to break in the engine.

I wondering how to prevent the Ram service department from trying out the launch feature before I have a chance to break in the engine.
I would light them up if they did this. I might ask them to plug it in to verify

Where did you find the TRX owner's manual?

I would light them up if they did this. I might ask them to plug it in to verify
Thanks. I'll definitely tell my salesman ahead of time that that's what I'll be asking for when I pick it up. Does the onboard computer store engine RPM history?

No worries there, Launch Control isn’t even available until after the 500 mile break in. I assume just linked to the odometer, Still doesn’t stop them from ignoring the break in procedure and exceeding RPM’s or speeds but at the very least they can’t use the Launch Control.

Also, says it shouldn’t be used Offroad but I seen multiple review videos of them launching Offroad.

Attachments

• B0420FB7-F3B5-47C8-A209-247937F8062E.jpeg
    B0420FB7-F3B5-47C8-A209-247937F8062E.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 144
Thanks. I'll definitely tell my salesman ahead of time that that's what I'll be asking for when I pick it up. Does the onboard computer store engine RPM history?
I don’t know about dodge but every other car I have had logged every launch event. I’m probably going to tell my sales rep that I will want to see the delivery receipt with mileage on it. If possible I want to be there when it comes off the truck and will wait while they get it ready.

I plan on complying with the break-in recommendation on my drive back.
01CF58C8-AE3A-406E-A083-60A9FF524137.jpeg

I plan on complying with the break-in recommendation on my drive back.
View attachment 2158
I was kinda annoyed that I agreed to pay 5 over until I saw that map and realized I will be home 30 minutes after pickup.

Back