Effective, Inexpensive, Simple Security Device

We all know the Club can be defeated, like anything else, but maybe easier than most security devices. It's just a deterrent for the unprepared thief.

Good luck stopping one of these guys if he waits for the right "opportunity:.
1708710153130.jpeg

Last edited:
We all know the Club can be defeated, like anything else, but maybe easier than most security devices. It's just a deterrent for the unprepared thief.

Good luck stopping one of these guys if he waits for the right "opportunity:.
View attachment 123733
Thats a moot comment. It can have no engine, transmission or wheels and you can winch it onto a flatbed. 99% of them don’t drive around with a flatbed. Too noisy and noticeable.

I think Tom488's analogy in Post #393 is a pretty good representation. The Club is not entirely ineffective. Other things are better. Nothing is unbeatable.

If somebody can sneak cocaine into the White House and leave it to be found in an unattended locker without the FBI or Secret Service being able to figure out who it was, then somebody could steal a TRX no matter what level of security surrounded it.

May - yes. For example, the factory alarm will scare away those who don't expect it, are spooked by a horn going off, and not smart enough to rip the wiring off the horns first. The club will deter those who aren't willing/unable to cut the steering wheel and slip it off. The Mobilistics relay will befuddle anyone who isn't familiar with it, or is unable to swap out the starter relays with the wiper relays that live right next to them in the PDC. Ravelco will thwart the thieves who aren't intimately familiar with it, and know how to defeat it. IGLA will defeat most thieves, save those who come with a tow truck, or know exactly where it's located so they can disable it.

Put it this way - if we compare theft protection to ballistic protection, we have:

Factory alarm -> T-shirt that reads "don't shoot!" - stops the honest criminal
Club -> three copies of the New York Times duct-taped to your chest - stops Airsoft projectiles
Mobilistics relay -> Studded leather jacket - MAY stop a .22 short
Ravelco -> Level IIIa soft armor - will probably stop a 9mm
IGLA -> Level 4 with ceramic plates - will stop most AP rounds

Now... if it were you, and you knew you were going to have to walk into a scenario where people WERE going to be shooting at you... which level of body armor are you electing to put on?
Well said .

I'm glad I read this entire thread since it really helped me with the Mobilistics relay I recently bought. I plugged it into starter relay #1 like the instructions/picture indicated. It didn't work. Flipped it over and reset it several times. It just wouldn't work. (Truck would not start no matter what I did). As suggested by several folks earlier in this thread, it's better to use starter relay #2 anyway, so I tried it. Worked perfectly. If I hadn't read the earlier discussion about using starter relay #2, I may have never tried it.

I'm happy with the level of security on my Truck now. Base factory security, The Club and now the Mobilistic starter disable relay.

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
I'm glad I read this entire thread since it really helped me with the Mobilistics relay I recently bought. I plugged it into starter relay #1 like the instructions/picture indicated. It didn't work. Flipped it over and reset it several times. It just wouldn't work. (Truck would not start no matter what I did). As suggested by several folks earlier in this thread, it's better to use starter relay #2 anyway, so I tried it. Worked perfectly. If I hadn't read the earlier discussion about using starter relay #2, I may have never tried it.

I'm happy with the level of security on my Truck now. Base factory security, The Club and now the Mobilistic starter disable relay.

Thanks folks!
Not to bust your bubble . But some of these low life are very smart only if they apply themselves they would be productive members of society. I remember watching a video on e ring app of one of these lowlife stealing a trackhawk. They had a hard time starting it so they was under the hood of the vehicle for atleast 20mins playing with the wiring till get go it to start . So keep in mind if it doesn't start they might make their way under the hood and play around with it.

^^^^^
Given knowledge and time, anything can be defeated.
A mobilistics relay isn’t going to stop them at all. They usually pop open the fuse box to remove the horn fuse. They can just move the relay next to it or use a paperclip to jump the 2 contacts. It also isn’t stopping them from deleting and making new fobs. Might as well just leave the key fob on the front seat with the windows dow at that point. Then they can roll them up and not have glass pieces flying around when they drive it away. You also live in the highest theft place for a trx and just let everyone know you have it. $0.02

There should be a circut in the steering wheel that if broken or cut disables the vehicle.
Takes a minute to swap a steering wheel if you practice. They will have ways around all the stuff they run into

A mobilistics relay isn’t going to stop them at all. They usually pop open the fuse box to remove the horn fuse. They can just move the relay next to it or use a paperclip to jump the 2 contacts. It also isn’t stopping them from deleting and making new fobs. Might as well just leave the key fob on the front seat with the windows dow at that point. Then they can roll them up and not have glass pieces flying around when they drive it away. You also live in the highest theft place for a trx and just let everyone know you have it. $0.02
Your postings have convinced me of one or two things.... :)

Last edited:
Again, everything except IGLA is literally 0% effective. What an asinine position.
Anything plug and play that has all the directions online and then telling people on an open forum you have one kinda limits the effectiveness of said product to a very minuscule number don’t you think…. “Hey I have the most obvious thing in my car at this location, instructions are online to remove it, thanks heres my keys”

Anything plug and play that has all the directions online and then telling people on an open forum you have one kinda limits the effectiveness of said product to a very minuscule number don’t you think…. “Hey I have the most obvious thing in my car at this location, instructions are online to remove it, thanks heres my keys”

No, I do not agree that it renders the effectiveness to "very minuscule". I suspect the Mobilistics relay would have a significant success rate, and Ravelco even better. Neither is going to stop a thief that is properly trained and prepared. Nor would IGLA.

No, I do not agree that it renders the effectiveness to "very minuscule". I suspect the Mobilistics relay would have a significant success rate, and Ravelco even better. Neither is going to stop a thief that is properly trained and prepared. Nor would IGLA.
It actually is minuscule. Especially since they are running into all these cheap gimmicks that people think will work. They know and they know how to locate and find them. You aren’t doing that with IGLA unless bob next door installed it

I don't know. I don't have any statistics on the success / fail rate of Mobilistics, Ravelco, a kill switch, or whatever else you can name.

It just seems to me that a thief gets ahold of the technology to clone a fob and decides to start an unauthorized automobile liberation enterprise. He finds your vehicle and tries to start it with his fancy cloned fob only to realize it still won't start. Now he has a secondary problem to solve for which he likely may not have been prepared. If he sees the Ravelco port, will he have any idea how to defeat it, even if he knows what it is? Will he have the time to hunt all over the truck for a kill switch? Will the first thing that comes to his mind be "I bet somebody tampered with the relays, and nobody will notice if I pop the hood on this thing, remove the starter relay, and replace it with a paper clip (which he's also electrically inclined enough to know will work)"?

I have no argument with promoting IGLA as fantastic. It may well be the best thing ever invented. But I don't think a complete dismissal of other devices is warranted.

Sorry TRXNUT, not much of a fight. Just a minor analytical disagreement at best.

I don't know. I don't have any statistics on the success / fail rate of Mobilistics, Ravelco, a kill switch, or whatever else you can name.

It just seems to me that a thief gets ahold of the technology to clone a fob and decides to start an unauthorized automobile liberation enterprise. He finds your vehicle and tries to start it with his fancy cloned fob only to realize it still won't start. Now he has a secondary problem to solve for which he likely may not have been prepared. If he sees the Ravelco port, will he have any idea how to defeat it, even if he knows what it is? Will he have the time to hunt all over the truck for a kill switch? Will the first thing that comes to his mind be "I bet somebody tampered with the relays, and nobody will notice if I pop the hood on this thing, remove the starter relay, and replace it with a paper clip (which he's also electrically inclined enough to know will work)"?

I have no argument with promoting IGLA as fantastic. It may well be the best thing ever invented. But I don't think a complete dismissal of other devices is warranted.

Sorry TRXNUT, not much of a fight. Just a minor analytical disagreement at best.
When confronted with an object they aren’t prepared for then the next time around they will come prepared. I have people that have had 7+ theft attempts because they would come back again and again. One dragged a trackhawk on attempt 9 over a mile away in park so they can try and ripped the entire interior apart only to leave it there. They most definitely have time to pull a relay and put the high beam one in its spot. Not arguing, just stating what they do. Cloning a key fob is expensive, around $20,000 for a rig. To delete and make a fob it can range from $150 to several thousand.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back