Drop In Air Filters

the drop ins will provide literally zero benefit that will be even remotely noticeable especially with 702hp. seriously guys from here you need to add 70hp+ to see anything that will be noticeable behind the wheel and even then, with how heavy this thing is, i doubt you will actually feel that until you are side by side with a stock TRX and sort of pulling away. You already destroy the SVRs, AMGs, Ms of the SUV world, bone stock, in a truck that has faily close to semi height on a freeway. Just enjoy the damn truck, save your 150 or so, and buy another tank of gas which is a great investment in your "smiles per miles" bank.

Not saying there's no gain to be had, but at what price? If the cost is less filtration ability it sure isn't for me.
I'm curious to see what power gains will eventually be claimed by the manufacturers.
I just don't need dune rated on a daily driver and if there is something to be gained, for $120 it is worth a shot to me. I have spent more on worse ideas that usually involved women.

I just don't need dune rated on a daily driver and if there is something to be gained, for $120 it is worth a shot to me. I have spent more on worse ideas that usually involved women.
I totally understand that and agree. You will spend more on a bottle of wine at dinner (if you drink) but i would say buy weather tech seat and door covers so you can take your dog over the drop ins. so many options. I actually opted for a Garmin 785 RV navigation so i don't have to worry about being routed down tiny ass streets in the TRX. It is also android based to I can run jbv1 on it when not in use for routing. I dont have all the ideas but a drop in filter, you might as well join @Bambi and "invest" in some strippers medical school tuition vs buying drop in filters imo.

I truly do enjoy everyone's worry about how someone else spends their own money on this forum lol between this and the Race Chip debacle for example it has been educational in that sense if nothing else! Not a stab or shot at anyone I legit do appreciate all the insight from everyone! I have never been on a forum with that much regard for someone else's pocket book! Where have you guys been all my life? For real I would have saved a ton on trial and error. I know it is hard to tell tone through the internet but this is sincere! However I feel like I am committed at this point on the AFEs... In my impatience I almost pulled the trigger on the FAS/SHOPHELLCAT/K and Ns for giggles but will at least wait it out for AFEs. I am more of an instant gratification type, hence why I didn't order a TRX, just bought one off the lot and why Amazon is at my house everyday (along with the previously mentioned avoidance of large crowds or people in general really).

3345C7AA-9543-4254-804E-6DE4C66C9A1C.jpeg

I truly do enjoy everyone's worry about how someone else spends their own money on this forum lol between this and the Race Chip debacle for example it has been educational in that sense if nothing else! Not a stab or shot at anyone I legit do appreciate all the insight from everyone! I have never been on a forum with that much regard for someone else's pocket book! Where have you guys been all my life? For real I would have saved a ton on trial and error. I know it is hard to tell tone through the internet but this is sincere! However I feel like I am committed at this point on the AFEs... In my impatience I almost pulled the trigger on the FAS/SHOPHELLCAT/K and Ns for giggles but will at least wait it out for AFEs. I am more of an instant gratification type, hence why I didn't order a TRX, just bought one off the lot and why Amazon is at my house everyday (along with the previously mentioned avoidance of large crowds or people in general really).
lol. fair enough. i waited 4 months for my MSRP TRX to my spec. its $120. I spent that tonight+ on auxiliary gas cans from grainger.

Those dozers are epic! What are you guys doing?
Oil Well Drilling and Facility Pads and Roads. Moving all of the topsoil off to the side to be replaced later when the wells are finished producing and the land remediated and the caliche being brought in next week removed. When I left the pile was about 40 feet high, 400 feet long and 100 feet wide at the top. If you zoom in on the 1st pic that I posted previous page (parked on top of the soil berm that was pushed up for the pad you see in the foreground) on the far right you can see what the pile was starting to look like. Long ways off but I was also watching some other things going on and sitting on that berm lets me see it.

Also, pushed out freaking cattails and salt cedar and widened a wildlife watering spot that we use a solar powered well to keep water in. Bottom pic is working on roads on the way back to the pads from pushing out the wildlife watering spot.
20210805_124441.jpg
20210805_134531.jpg

Last edited:
I know that some do not think that this thread is funny but it is. Read all of it the first people to come up with garbage they could not wait to send them money!

Sad, but it is a fact that some people are easily manipulated and end up getting taken for a ride. I an waiting until someone comes out with a high flow solution that protects in a severe environment. Yes completely understand that most are mall crawlers and do not care.

Took this yesterday and this was after just 2 days at the ranch.

View attachment 18455
The pro guard 7 is made for exactly that, extreme conditions

Fyi Afe launched and is accepting pre-orders on their cold air intake with 5R filters included. Uses the hood ram air as well as thru grill just like factory setup. Better tubes and partially open filters will ensure more whine I am sure. Looking forward to trying it.

Fyi Afe launched and is accepting pre-orders on their cold air intake with 5R filters included. Uses the hood ram air.
Good stuff. Looks like it all ships November. They launched short tube headers, exhausts, intake, and leveling kit:

At least they replaced soon with November so more honest up front. I like that intake design

Definitely like that intake way better than the “filters on a stick”. Hopefully they release some testing so we can see some data on it

Fyi Afe launched and is accepting pre-orders on their cold air intake with 5R filters included. Uses the hood ram air as well as thru grill just like factory setup. Better tubes and partially open filters will ensure more whine I am sure. Looking forward to trying it.
saw that this weekend aswell when i was poking around on there. not sure that set up is going to flow that much more then my modded stock box with 4.5" tube to the oval 7" elbow. might just snag thier drop in filters for the stock box and call it a day unless i see some really compelling logs or data showing the whole system flowing alot more

saw that this weekend aswell when i was poking around on there. not sure that set up is going to flow that much more then my modded stock box with 4.5" tube to the oval 7" elbow. might just snag thier drop in filters for the stock box and call it a day unless i see some really compelling logs or data showing the whole system flowing alot more
I was thinking the same

I just dropped in new Afe 5R filters.

There is a small, but noticeable increase in supercharger whine. I think the motor induction sound has improved a very small amount as well. For $130 it's perfect for someone who doesn't want/need to go to a full intake replacement, but just wants a little SC sound.

I also recommend running without the factory engine cover, I believe that helps make it sound better too.... That plus the 5Rs and I'm happy

Back