Drop In Air Filters

Now cancel and celebrate getting a free water bottle.
Little did we know, thats actually going to happen now! Sorry fellas I assumed when it said pre-order shipping soon it was going to be sooner than the end of November!

I know that some do not think that this thread is funny but it is. Read all of it the first people to come up with garbage they could not wait to send them money!

Sad, but it is a fact that some people are easily manipulated and end up getting taken for a ride. I an waiting until someone comes out with a high flow solution that protects in a severe environment. Yes completely understand that most are mall crawlers and do not care.

Took this yesterday and this was after just 2 days at the ranch.

Ranch 8-5-21 #1 Truck.jpg

I know that some do not think that this thread is funny but it is. Read all of it the first people to come up with garbage they could not wait to send them money!

Sad, but it is a fact that some people are easily manipulated and end up getting taken for a ride. I an waiting until someone comes out with a high flow solution that protects in a severe environment. Yes completely understand that most are mall crawlers and do not care.

Took this yesterday and this was after just 2 days at the ranch.

View attachment 18455
Ok you are the exception not the rule! 🤣😂🤣😂 At first I was like cool they came out with a tan or sweet wrap...

:) ;) I am about performance only, not "Mall Crawling" because I do not have experience in "Mall Crawling"! 👍👍👍👍👍View attachment 18460
I can appreciate that as my Amazon deliveries can confirm I hate the mall... And being around large groups of people in general. Like Ricky Bobby, I just wanna go fast, tow my boat, tractor and car when I want as well. Sure my Firebird can go fast... And a hellcat Charger/Challenger can go fast but I don't want to have to crawl in and out of them daily 😉

Has anyone figured out what's wrong with the stock filters yet?
Nothing---Always looking for performance gains which the aftermarket can deliver most of the time but at more cost than the OEM was willing to put into the cost of the vehicle.

Problem is you, have to know enough to sort the chaff from the wheat if you will!

Has anyone figured out what's wrong with the stock filters yet?
Yes... They are stock 😉... And compared to other hellcat engines the TRX has the least horsepower due to filtering and/or length of exhaust depending on which article you read. And personally, it is kind of a process to swap an air filter on the TRX so if anything convenience?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-204912.png
    Screenshot_20210806-204912.png
    769.6 KB · Views: 25
My main concern is good filtration. Plus or minus 20 hp doesn't matter to me.
As heavy as the TRX is it sure could use another 100 hp, but that's not going to happen with a filter.

Nothing---Always looking for performance gains which the aftermarket can deliver most of the time but at more cost than the OEM was willing to put into the cost of the vehicle.

Problem is you, have to know enough to sort the chaff from the wheat if you will!
Lol how many sayings do you have loaded and ready to go at any given time?

• Funny
Reactions: Two
Yes... They are stock 😉... And compared to other hellcat engines the TRX has the least horsepower due to filtering and/or length of exhaust depending on which article you read.

Those official 702 are supposedly questionable, just like the 707/717/797 in other applications.
In most cases it seems like they're putting out more than they're supposed to, but maybe the TRX is the exception.

Those official 702 are supposedly questionable, just like the 707/717/797 in other applications.
In most cases it seems like they're putting out more than they're supposed to, but maybe the TRX is the exception.
Very true! Any engine can be over or under the stated crank numbers. I knew back in the day there were LT1s and LS1s that seemed (and dynoed) hotter than others in the Firebirds, Camaros and Corvettes. Just luck of the draw even by todays engines making standards.

Edit: but looking at the stock filter, it is huge there has to be something to gain by swapping it out.

Reactions: Two
There are people trying filters (including running no filters) on the strip in Chargers/Challengers and as
I recall there really hasn't been any noticeable gains seen.
They're concentrating on the intake tracts instead.

There are people trying filters (including running no filters) on the strip in Chargers/Challengers and as
I recall there really hasn't been any noticeable gains seen.
They're concentrating on the intake tracts instead.
You are correct! I am just going off the articles saying that the TRX needs better filtration for dunes. Figure there is something to gain, again if not for performance then for convenience! Seriously though check out how thick and dense the stock filter is and you will see what I mean, there has to be something to gain.

Not saying there's no gain to be had, but at what price? If the cost is less filtration ability it sure isn't for me.
I'm curious to see what power gains will eventually be claimed by the manufacturers.

Back