Drive home wondering about the break in advice

Given its 500 kms and in past I cant change whats done. What I kept in mind was no red lines, no abrupt braking, no cruise control. 1 time 5k rpm as I dint know that when in S gear needs to change manually and 1 time 4k rpm within 1st 250km. Dont know what damage it did to engine. Any future recommendations?
All our BS aside......You didnt damage the engine, no need to worry. Just try to follow the OM recommendations for speed and RPM as much as possible. Every HC engine is run in on a dyno at the factory for something like 20 minutes (not in the vehicle), to check for issues and HP. The big no-no's during break in are WOT and banging redline repeatedly (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc). The lower initial speeds allow the gears (trans, t-case, diffs) to wear in at low speed and lower temps. During the wear in process, there can be excessive heat from friction which is what your are trying to avoid.

It is important to "exercise" the engine RPM range as shown in the OM. Using the paddle shifters allows for the RPM without exceeding the KPH limits. Cheers !

My launch is not still active, did you unlock it somehow or picked a demo?
I didn't know there was a magic number on when you could use LC.

If you are seeing "launch feature not available" that is because you are not following the sequence so the launch control isn't available.

Hello I’m hopefully getting my truck soon and will be needing to drive it from VA to FL which is like 1000 miles , I don’t wanna ship it so I’m going to drive it. But I wanted to about breaking in the motor, I was planning on stopping for 2 days to cool down the engine in between the trip down. Or 1 day sleep somewhere, I plan on doing the 55 mph and stuff but wondering about the cool down and stuff. Any one knows or has done this before ? Thanksssssssss
. . .don't make it harder than it has to be.
Just follow the Break-In guidelins as outlined in your User's Manual.

I didn't know there was a magic number on when you could use LC.

If you are seeing "launch feature not available" that is because you are not following the sequence so the launch control isn't available.

It’s disabled for the first 500 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_2220.PNG
    IMG_2220.PNG
    461.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2221.PNG
    IMG_2221.PNG
    514 KB · Views: 12
I just bought my 23 on Memorial Day, didn't go over around 3k rpm's for the first 150 miles then I didn't bring it over 4k rpm's until I got the first 500 miles done. Then with about 510 miles was the first time I full throttled it and since then she has hit full throttle quite a few times and the 118MPH governor about 4 to 5 times now. The truck is a blast and I'm really happy I ended up buying one. So far only mods was to get rid of the factory soft trifold cover and replaced it with the Bakflip MX4 and I also installed some weatherTech mud flaps all around and installed my Valentine1 radar detector. Very happy so far and just trying to decide on what I want to do to the exhaust and deciding on which CAI I'm going to go with.. So far I'm leaning towards the S&B CAI and a muffler delete and maybe the tazer for the mirror fold option and for the orange DRL's.
Bill

Back