Black TRX with Xpel Stealth

Well that looks really good!!!

That looks awesome! Very menacing

Quite verbose today.... easy for you, you got to drive around in your beast all day.......... but seriously again thanks for the very informative synopsis , I for one have never even considered doing this, it is much appreciated. Time for a cocktail.... Cheers

They did a great job matching the ceramic tint in front with the rears. So no ceramic in the rears over the tinted glass? What percentage did they use?

new to protective wraps. why the ceramic on top of Xpel? does the Xpel not provide enough protection? also, looking at a new sports car - would you recommend the same treatment or does ceramic suffice?
I’m currently working on getting my Audi coated with XPEL on just the front end. The ceramic coating protects from sun, dirt, bird poop, makes it super easy to clean and what not. The XPEL wrap protects from rock chips and minor dings and can self heal. The wrap won’t properly cure on top of the ceramic coating so you ceramic over the wrap.

For those who are waiting for their trucks, the following will either make you climax or frustrate you further, or both. :)

tenor.gif

what you have done is EPIC....but those plates!!! well played my friend....well played!!!

Ha thanks.

That's not actually my legal plate, that's not what SC personalized plates look like.
It's just a novelty plate from the internet to hide my actual plate when I take the pictures.

If I were a personalized plate person I'd have picked GR8WHINE. :)

I forgot I had this video from an old car (15 Z/28) ... this will show and tell part of the difference between having and not having ceramic coating on top of ppf.

A little update as to what's happening next.

I've ordered one 18x9 0 offset wheels from two different brands to test both for clearance and to see which one I'd rather go with should they both clear. Hopefully both will get here by the end of the week. I've also ordered a set of tpms and aluminum hub centric rings for whenever I have the full set.

I also have a set of Bora 1.5" wheel spacers coming in to test out that I will leave on the truck for a few days between testing the one off wheels and getting the other three once I've decided which to go with.

So, in a few days I should have pics of two different aftermarket wheels on the truck (without tires) and then pics of a what a stock truck looks like with the wheels pushed out 1.5" all around .... then hopefully in a couple of weeks or so I'll have the new wheel setup with wither my stock tires or a set of Toyo.

Tbc ...

which aluminum hub centric rings did you go with?

Hi,

I did post this in my build thread and I'm not intentionally cross posting for attention, but I thought that it might get buried in there without members, especially newer ones been able to search for it. And as I think I'm either the first one or thereabouts to do this, I thought I would do a separate thread so folks can see what it looks like and if it's something they want to consider.

I'll take pics in the sun if it ever comes back, but for now this will give you an indication of what to expect if you wrap a black TRX with Xpel Stealth.

Indoors:

039-D70-CA-A3-AA-426-D-9-A73-C0-C14341-A021.jpg

73798257-F34-C-4-D0-E-9427-58-E6-D61-CB6-EC.jpg

Outdoors:

8136-BA1-E-F402-46-AC-8366-64-ACDA8-A71-FA.jpg

E1813735-6376-4-C94-BF57-F1-AE10-D0-DB6-C.jpg

AF189-AAE-2568-4-DEC-931-B-7-B806-F1-C89-A9.jpg

7-D2622-DC-4-F4-D-443-D-8-E7-F-CCD9-BE9335-AF.jpg

598-A70-DE-5-E32-4-FE9-B7-FB-218-B8323-EC62.jpg

776-DB13-E-CCCA-4-C43-8-ED6-A8-E4-DA6-A4-A0-D.jpg

3-B6-AEDE2-8-D45-4-DB2-9265-CC2143543471.jpg

A7478-E15-DC64-4-E2-D-9-ED1-F865-D73-EB10-E.jpg

A57-D4388-E33-A-4-ACE-B79-E-28443888-CEA1.jpg
Thanks for Sharing this! My Ceramic guy is doing exactly this once I receive it!

Ugh, I meant to post the wheel update in my build thread not this thread ... oh well. :(

Last edited:
I really like that look! Any thoughts on what it would do to the bright white that I ordered? Will it give it more of a matte look?

White actually works really well with opaque ppf (plenty of pics online of it).

You might want your shop to do a little side by side comp between Xpel Stealth and the 3M version which I've been told has a more satin finish and might work even better with white ... I haven't seen it in person but it's worth a look.

The only thing that you would have to decide is if you want the black at the bottom to also be matte or a glossy contrast to the matte white. I'd be tempted to ask the installer to first wrap the white and leaving the black alone to see how it looks, see how it looks, and if you like the black in gloss then wrap that in regular ppf and if you think it'd look better opaque then have them do the black that way as well.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking TRX. I'm really curious which brand rims you're going with. Will jump over to your build thread. My TRX arrives next week, it was tough to say goodbye when I dropped it off at the port on it's way to Hawaii. Once she get's here I'll start my build thread.

White actually works really well with opaque ppf (plenty of pics online of it).

You might want your shop to do a little side by side comp between Xpel Stealth and the 3M version which I've been told has a more satin finish and might work even better with white ... I haven't seen it in person but it's worth a look.

The only thing that you would have to decide is if you want the black at the bottom to also be matte or a glossy contrast to the matte white. I'd be tempted to ask the installer to first wrap the white and leaving the black alone to see how it looks, see how it looks, and if you like the black in gloss then wrap that in regular ppf and if you think it'd look better opaque then have them do the black that way as well.
Great! I’ll look for internet pictures! Thanks for the input!

Back