TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2010 GT500
Figured I start the opposite thread of the build one, to highlight how many of us have been shafted by @RamCares for the lack of communication and build of the trucks we ordered in August 2020. How many of us are in either D1 or less and stuck in this abyss. Ordered 8/19 vin 903016 Granite. So much for sold orders being built first, never been treated so poorly by any other company.

This was me when I ordered
1613135902839.png

This is me now
1613135998360.png

Attachments

• 1613135792512.png
    1613135792512.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
Same here. :mad: 9/3 903041

8-18 before lunch. Still D 900387

LE 900458 ordered 8-19
built 1-26 and now lost in the parking lot twilight zone while hundreds of others have been started, finished, shipped...maybe even delivered.
I'm so over this whole debacle!

LE 901977 ordered Aug 14 2020

at the vendor currently, i guess launch edition means once FCA makes a bunch of other trucks before the special edition one!

I chatted with @RamCares yesterday, they had the nerve to say they built by order. HAHAHAHA I saved the conversation. I ordered 8/24 just received my VIN and the email states MAY!!!!! delivery.

I was very excited to find this forum but I believe it has ruined this whole thing for a lot of you. When the first TRX concept came out I got on the horn with my dealer. When they announced that there was going to be a launch I drove to my dealer and insisted they take my deposit. They refused my money but put me first on the TRX list. The day of the launch they took my $5000 and we ordered my truck.

I knew then, my place in line was determined by my dealers place in line. FCA does not sell cars to the public. They sell cars to their dealers, my dealer is very small compared to many metropolitan dealerships.

Based solely on information I read on this forum, I mentioned to my dealer that my truck would probably be built in November or December. He told me not to get my hopes up and said he would be shocked if we received it in 2020. He suggested winter or spring 2021 would be more likely.

This week my truck went to D1. My hope and excitement for an earlier production was based solely on posts found on this forum. At the end of the day the consensus found on this forum was totally incorrect and my dealer was spot on.

How many of you were told specifically by your dealer that your truck would be delivered by a certain date? I bet not many.

I believe many of you let your hopes and excitement get the best of you. Judging by recent posts on this forum, many have let an otherwise good situation become overly stressful and disappointing

Last edited:
August 29...Brutal.... 84777

LE 900458 ordered 8-19
built 1-26 and now lost in the parking lot twilight zone while hundreds of others have been started, finished, shipped...maybe even delivered.
I'm so over this whole debacle!
Shit your going to get your truck and it’s going to have 3,000 miles on it from everyone joyriding in it at the shipping lot. Many I think I would be in someone’s business by now and having them go get the truck with a trailer. Kudos to you for your patience.

Guys I am not an early order but definitely feel your pain. I would be upset if I was you and I sincerely hope you all get your trucks in March.

I was very excited to find this forum but I believe it has ruined this whole thing for a lot of you. When the first TRX concept came out I got on the horn with my dealer. When they announced that there was going to be a launch I drove to my dealer and insisted they take my deposit. They refused my money but put me first on the TRX list. The day of the launch they took my $5000 and we ordered my truck.

I knew then, my place in line was determined by my dealers place in line. FCA does not sell cars to the public. They sell cars to their dealers, my dealer is very small compared to many metropolitan dealerships.

Based solely on information I read on this forum, I mentioned to my dealer that my truck would probably be built in November or December. He told me not to get my hopes up and said he would be shocked if we received it in 2020. He suggested winter or spring 2021 would be more likely.

This week my truck went to D1. My hope and excitement for an earlier production was based solely on posts found on this forum. At the end of the day the consensus found on this forum was totally incorrect and my dealer was spot on.

How many of you were told specifically by your dealer that your truck would be delivered by a certain date? I bet not many.

I believe many of you let your hopes and excitement get the best of you. Judging by recent posts on this forum, many have let an otherwise good situation become overly stressful and disappointing

You lost me at the consensus found on this forum was totally incorrect. Plenty of people were told Q4 2020 builds. Hell people went D1 back in October before the plug got pulled because the TRX failed it's EPA certification. I was promised a build around Halloween. Even after they started production in December, my dealer got a TRX built on day 2, then 2 more the first week of January, and 4 more this month. So trust me, dealers will tell people if they can get early builds or not

If anything, the forum exposed how full of :poop::poop::poop::poop: the company is. Never had they never had this much insight in to their order process and build quality like this ever before.

well said...

All this frustration comes from the fact that they are building and shipping trucks that were ordered waaaay after people like us ordered them. Not the fact that we had false hope of a specific date. I ordered mine 8/19 #770 and am still in D. At the same time they are building trucks that are in the 3000 and 4000 of the same color and options. My dealership has already gotten shipment of the other 3 trucks they ordered and those guys ordered 2-3 months after me. That pisses me off.

Love this forum cause it's the only place I can get true answers and it helps me cope cause there's others in the same boat.

Shit your going to get your truck and it’s going to have 3,000 miles on it from everyone joyriding in it at the shipping lot. Many I think I would be in someone’s business by now and having them go get the truck with a trailer. Kudos to you for your patience.
There are some that have been stuck longer than mine. Supposedly waiting for a part/chip. I'm told by a reliable source that they should start clearing out soon.
I've aged like 5 years in the last 6 months...so, I'm not exactly patient lol.
I am grateful for this forum, the moderators, and contributors!
This has been my ONLY source of information!! And a place to vent where others can relate.

All this frustration comes from the fact that they are building and shipping trucks that were ordered waaaay after people like us ordered them. Not the fact that we had false hope of a specific date. I ordered mine 8/19 #770 and am still in D. At the same time they are building trucks that are in the 3000 and 4000 of the same color and options. My dealership has already gotten shipment of the other 3 trucks they ordered and those guys ordered 2-3 months after me. That pisses me off.

Love this forum cause it's the only place I can get true answers and it helps me cope cause there's others in the same boat.
But none us know the specific in and outs of supply lines and stocking thousands of components to build trucks that are sold with so many different options made by different vendors. One option could change the harness or god knows what else that is back ordered or otherwise creating a choke point. Just because there is a delay with one part, or one arrangement of accessories, doesn't mean they stop production of the vehicles that they can build.

This isn't my first rodeo with hard to source vehicles or first editions. The same thing happens with Ford, Chevy and every other company. What is different is I haven't seen this level of hatred expressed on car forums before.

Understand the basic rules of life and little things like this wont bother you so much:
Life is not fair
Nothing is Free
Nothing is Guaranteed

100% of the time if somebody tells you something is free or guerenteed, you are being lied to or manipulated. If you think things should be fair, well then there is no helping you. Life is not fair. Never has been. Never will be. Not for anyone.

Back