Anyone try these sweet looking (not ADD) front/rear bumpers yet??

How many people would be legitimately interested in a group buy for the BodyGuard bumpers?


  • Total voters
    34
That's what I like to see.

I figured that I may as well just get high end lights when I did mine. I want to say that it cost me around 6k for the two ADD bumpers, winch kit and lights.

How are they addressing the oil cooler? I know the Swarf uses a secondary fan. The ADD doesn't use anything but I guess the front end is way more open for airflow. My temps ran lower than normal last time on the trail.

I'm a little Jelly, I would have liked one of those.
I’m guessing they just have increased airflow but we will find out. what oil temps are you seeing on average with your ADD bumper?
 
Dude that’s freezing! Ive never seen that low even in my wife’s stock GCL in the 70s outside!

I usually run 220-235
Yep, I was surprised. I normally run 220. My sensor is probably out.

The fan never kicked up the entire trip and it always did with stock bumper. Maybe the oil cooler likes being upside down.
 
Yep, I was surprised. I normally run 220. My sensor is probably out.

The fan never kicked up the entire trip and it always did with stock bumper. Maybe the oil cooler likes being upside down.
Oh they mount it upside down on the ADD?! I wonder if that’s how they do it on the Bodyguard bumper. They ship out on Monday, so hopefully I’ll receive next week.
 
They’re amazing. Best set up
IMG_4633.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Love the look of these ones the best so far. The back bumpers from all the players so far all look good. I wish one of them would make a front bumper that resembled the shape/thickness of the factory front bumper. To further explain myself I'm not really into the tappered "ends" of the baja style bumpers showing all the tire and suspension from the front view. I much prefer a gnarly looking chunky full width across style front bumper. I know most people are into the baja style so that makes me the minority I guess lol.
I’m with you…. I like the design of the front, less the lack of coverage on the ends…. If I get off my lazy ass, and color match the rest of the truck, with the paint I bought almost a year ago…I’m definitely gonna get the rear and color match it…
I’m going to email them, and see if they would be willing to omit the logo on the rear.

The Sandblast on their site looks amazing….
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1885.webp
    IMG_1885.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 87
Can you still get to the cooler drain plug??
You can but the oil would have to defy gravity and flow upwards. One could unbolt the cooler and turn it correctly to drain, it is easy to get to and unbolt, (don't ask me how I know). After all my years with race motors before I got into street cars, the oil in the cooler isn't something I am worried about though.

According to your install instructions, you will need to purchase a Bronco in order to follow the directions....
 
Last edited:
You can but the oil would have to defy gravity and flow upwards. One could unbolt the cooler and turn it correctly to drain, it is easy to get to and unbolt, (don't ask me how I know). After all my years with race motors before I got into street cars, the oil in the cooler isn't something I am worried about though.

According to your install instructions, you will need to purchase a Bronco in order to follow the directions....
Just use a cheapo siphon/suction & call it good 😊
 
I’m with you…. I like the design of the front, less the lack of coverage on the ends…. If I get off my lazy ass, and color match the rest of the truck, with the paint I bought almost a year ago…I’m definitely gonna get the rear and color match it…
I’m going to email them, and see if they would be willing to omit the logo on the rear.

The Sandblast on their site looks amazing….
Yes, they just need to "thicken" the ends of the bumpers by 2"-3" and it would be perfect. I'm not a huge sandblast colour guy but I can't argue that the truck with the colour matched bumpers in the ad pics does look pretty sexy!
 
Ok so quick update: my front & rear Bodyguard bumps will ship on Monday and will be here by end of next week (ETA). I hit them up again to try & get you guys (and hopefully me after the fact) a forum discount based on the interest indicted in the poll. Currently, the high-ups at Bodyguard are considering a group buy for the forum and the national sales director asked me to follow up with her end of next week. I have no idea what a forum discount (if given) will look like but my guess is it'll be somewhere near the 5% discount they currently offer military but I'm hoping for a bit more.

Either way, I'll keep you guys posted on that and when my bumpers arrive so you guys can get a better idea of what they look like on 1 of our trucks without the picture perfect background lol
 
Did the bumpers arrive and get installed? Any pictures?
 
Looks awesome!! Wish they had the Baja without the winch as an option.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top