Anyone go from a Raptor R to a TRX?

Yes, boards are super easy. Theres 3 mounting points on the pinch weld area, lay down, toss them up onto pinch weld and put bolts on. 15-20 mins a side. I prefer the offroad running boards on these that provide nice large grippy step while protecting from rocks and doors opening hitting the side of the truck in parking spots
Thank you. Any reasonable ones that look and function well your know of? I google it and ten thousand pop up lol
 
Its WAY to quiet for me. Is there settings for the exhaust other than sport mode?
Did you have an aftermarket exhaust cause stock for stock the TRX annihilates the Raptor R exhaust.

The truck sounds phenomenal from the outside, I think you may be just dealing with an insulated luxury cabin?

Borla and AWE make nice cat backs for this. Borla is throaty while awe is more refined. AWE doesn’t require any cutting either. Borla does.

I had a Borla atak on my trackhawk years ago and it was insanely loud and throaty at low rpm and became very raspy as the revs climbed.
 
Did you have an aftermarket exhaust cause stock for stock the TRX annihilates the Raptor R exhaust.

The truck sounds phenomenal from the outside, I think you may be just dealing with an insulated luxury cabin?

Borla and AWE make nice cat backs for this. Borla is throaty while awe is more refined. AWE doesn’t require any cutting either. Borla does.
yeah I had a Carson Performance Exhaust on this latest Raptor R. I previously had a stock Raptor R and the exhaust was horrible and super quiet.
 
Here’s a pic of mine

IMG_1475.webp
 
perfect. those are the OEM ones? I searched at they are like 2k it said. If they cost 2k I rather get the AMP ones that come up and down I think, but I can't instal those myself
Yes those are OEM. There’s some on eBay for much less. I’ve bought a set on marketplace for $500 before.

Personally not a fan of Amps but it’s personal preference. Install really isn’t hard on them, I’ve removed 2 sets on different trucks. I like the protection the fixed steps provide
 
perfect. those are the OEM ones? I searched at they are like 2k it said. If they cost 2k I rather get the AMP ones that come up and down I think, but I can't instal those myself
Mopar has power boards similar to AMP steps. That’s the way to go. They integrate right into uconnect where you can control them. No messing with the OBD. Have the dealer install them.
 
So I test drove a used 2025 raptor R that was 118k. Also drove a used 2023 TRX and I had a few takeaways-

The R feels lighter off the start and is more free revving- engine feels like it wants to hit red line right away. The truck just feels more playful.

The TRX feels like a tank that wants to bully its way through traffic. It’s quick to respond but not as quick as the R. Both rev faster than my $125k x5m if that is any consolation.

The TRX feels more solid and planted on the street. I was able to hit an off ramp at over double the limit with no problem. The R was very bouncy.

The R interior felt like a bargain entry level truck. Plastic everywhere and it’s the hard kind. The seats were very bouncy too. Everything about the interior was budget.

The TRX interior is right up there with my x5m and that’s not even the new 2027.

Both felt very fast and shifted well. After doing some research, I didn’t have any faith in the R’s transmission or its recalls.

I went with the porky TRX and ordered a 2027 fully loaded one and couldn’t be happier. I don’t off-road and the new TRX is supposed to be more responsive and even better suspension tuning. This should fix the downsides explained earlier about the engine revving.

Both trucks hold their value ridiculously well, almost on par. That 2023 was asking 80k with an original 95k sticker. It lost 15k in 4 years. My x5m lost 15k in the first year. Also with the R, that market adjustment doesn’t really keep, I’m seeing used 2026’s on Facebook with 8k miles for 120k now.
The key is getting the R at MSRP. Then apples to apples (MSRP to MSRP) with the TRX-the R holds its value significantly better.

Agree with everything else. The R is the star running back with power and agility, and the TRX is the quick but heavier defensive end.
 
The R is the star running back with power and agility, and the TRX is the quick but heavier defensive end.
Once the Direct Connection blower kit is installed, it will be the heavier running back that passes into the endzone, with a warranty!

Yes I know, not stock...But who wants that!? 🇺🇸:devilish:
 
perfect. those are the OEM ones? I searched at they are like 2k it said. If they cost 2k I rather get the AMP ones that come up and down I think, but I can't instal those myself

Why not?

I also prefer the Mopar boards because they don't tie up the OBD port and can be integrated into UConnect. I suppose fixed boards provide some rock protection, but I haven't seen much in the way of rock damage on the last 2 trucks I've had with them. I never park next to other cars, so I have zero experience with fixed boards protecting from door dings. If you're concerned about that, just deploy the power boards before you get out of your truck...they sick out much further than fixed boards.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top