Anyone go from a Raptor R to a TRX?

how the heck do I lurk in every post when I was the one posting 1st in the thread; I was 1st to post after OP? How can you have an opinion if you never owned an R? "ghost mode hiding"..lol? I gave no advice and unlike you I stated that coming from Gen 2 Raptor was no brainer but R to TRX I havent seen many posts. Trying to offend me by calling me a "scalper" while you know nothing about me is hilarious. But compared to all the other stupid stuff you spew , calling me "scalper" makes you sound like you are coming from academia.
Point is you said "Did not like driving the raptor r myself." while you also said you never owned one.
Are you like 12 by bragging on a random forum about shit you never done?
Again showing your comprehension skills are dogshit! Did not like driving the raptor r myself, is not a statement of ownership. It is my opinion from being behind the wheel but let me guess that doesn't count. You see a post from me and have to try and pull some bullshit. Yeah you replied first did I go after you. Obviously something struck a nerve because you can't just move on. Only one bragging out their ass is you bud! Better luck next time now just go back under your bridge and let us "poors" talk trucks.
 
My Current R
 

Attachments

  • 80540663990__0B6125B1-20A7-47AC-8C3B-32328E5B4A3B.mp4
    4.5 MB
  • 80540667464__AF898D96-E3F1-4376-A082-81ED4F2E4433.mp4
    5.2 MB
All white R Raptor R to a all Black TRX is the question lol
Industrial2.webp


Come to the Dark Side..... we have cookies! 🍪
 
So I test drove a used 2025 raptor R that was 118k. Also drove a used 2023 TRX and I had a few takeaways-

The R feels lighter off the start and is more free revving- engine feels like it wants to hit red line right away. The truck just feels more playful.

The TRX feels like a tank that wants to bully its way through traffic. It’s quick to respond but not as quick as the R. Both rev faster than my $125k x5m if that is any consolation.

The TRX feels more solid and planted on the street. I was able to hit an off ramp at over double the limit with no problem. The R was very bouncy.

The R interior felt like a bargain entry level truck. Plastic everywhere and it’s the hard kind. The seats were very bouncy too. Everything about the interior was budget.

The TRX interior is right up there with my x5m and that’s not even the new 2027.

Both felt very fast and shifted well. After doing some research, I didn’t have any faith in the R’s transmission or its recalls.

I went with the porky TRX and ordered a 2027 fully loaded one and couldn’t be happier. I don’t off-road and the new TRX is supposed to be more responsive and even better suspension tuning. This should fix the downsides explained earlier about the engine revving.

Both trucks hold their value ridiculously well, almost on par. That 2023 was asking 80k with an original 95k sticker. It lost 15k in 4 years. My x5m lost 15k in the first year. Also with the R, that market adjustment doesn’t really keep, I’m seeing used 2026’s on Facebook with 8k miles for 120k now.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top