Another TRX Price Increase...

Base price or MSRP is not $80,685

View attachment 43638

Semantics...bottom line is there was a price increase of roughly $1100 in the past week. My saved build of $96,900 went to $98,000 even. The base (what you see when you go to the build and price site) price went from $79xxx to $80,685.

This is the 'base' price you see when you now go to 'build and price' site-again, about $1100 more than last week...
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 8.56.53 AM.png

The high option 22 Ram 3500 HO Laramie I ordered from Koons Feb 1st has gone up 4 grand too. Looks like everything is following the fuel prices. FJB
Exactly. This has been expected for 18 months now. Enjoy the ride🤣. It’s unfortunate that we get to deal with $6-$8 gas in these for a couple more years though😏

Semantics...bottom line is there was a price increase of roughly $1100 in the past week. My saved build of $96,900 went to $98,000 even. The base (what you see when you go to the build and price site) price went from $79xxx to $80,685.

This is the 'base' price you see when you now go to 'build and price' site-again, about $1100 more than last week...
View attachment 43640

Like you and @KnightMare said, $80,685 for the BASE TRUCK is crazy to the point of unconscionable in just 12 months.

You all can look at my LEVEL 2 build in my sig block below, and I am getting all that (price protected) for $83,135 which INCLUDES the $1795 destination fee.

Sorry to hear that, maybe reach out to your dealer via email (so you have it in writing) for clarification and let him know many other dealers are offering price protection from date of POC.

I ordered through Koons and in addition to their $10K off MSRP at time of order I was also price protected...this saved me an additional $4K.
I have in writing that I will pay MSRP whenever it arrives no markup. I didn't realize that dealers were offering under MSRP till I joined here 🤦‍♂️.

I have in writing that I will pay MSRP whenever it arrives no markup. I didn't realize that dealers were offering under MSRP till I joined here 🤦‍♂️.
I didn’t either, I placed a new order yesterday only to find out my original MSRP dealership placed TWO orders in my name. They figured they’d sell me one a keep one for their lot. Now I’ll probably get flagged and will end up with no truck at all!

Like you and @KnightMare said, $80,685 for the BASE TRUCK is crazy to the point of unconscionable in just 12 months.

You all can look at my LEVEL 2 build in my sig block below, and I am getting all that (price protected) for $83,135 which INCLUDES the $1795 destination fee.
I just used the configurator to configure my same 2021 89k TRX loaded with every interior and tech option. And a 2022 is currently 98k with the same options 1 year later.

Even if I got a 10k off deal at this point, I'll still be looking at the same price I paid a year ago lol

I didn’t either, I placed a new order yesterday only to find out my original MSRP dealership placed TWO orders in my name. They figured they’d sell me one a keep one for their lot. Now I’ll probably get flagged and will end up with no truck at all!
That's just not right. Anything for sales

That's just not right. Anything for sales
Yeah they screwed me. Placed first order on a Friday afternoon, decided to change color, text salesperson on a Saturday morning and said change/ cancel first order for different color. They just placed a whole new order. Pretty shitty!

I was in same boat. I ordered base model TRX under MSRP signed up and found a better deal on the forums and ordered another. Sold the base model for 5k profit. Now just waiting on the 2nd one. Could have gotten more but didn't care just didn't want to be stuck with it.

Nippon Steel, the steel supplier for almost all Japanese Auto makers announced 40% price increase couple days ago. I would expect similar action coming from other steel suppliers of US Auto makers. So this hike is certainly not the first one and almost definitely not the last one either.

Maybe these price hikes are how Ram is able to keep pumping out trucks. Paying a premium for parts so you can keep the assembly line moving maybe?

20,000 TRXs this year vs how many Raptors?

Now this is why I bought a 2021 TRX not a 2022 or wait for 2023. I have had mine for 13 months and the MSRP is the same even with the discounts or better with paying MSRP for a 2021. I even ordered MY 22 PW before all the crazy pricing. It seems to go up $500 to $1,000 a month depending on model and options with no end in sight for the next year or two. That's like $12,000 a year on the TRX increase or more.

My dealership had/has no clue what price protection is :(
all companies have it even companies like porsche otherwise dealers would lose lots of ordered car deals. Window sticker is at current msrp dealer gets billed based on what it was when ordered your dealer just screwing you.

All these price, interest & inflation increases in just 18 short months...Amazing:mad:

Back